That drama is just a rumor,nothing confirmed but the director and writer are very top notch with whom LJS have worked couple of times,The drama is not romance genre but a thriller one so the FL doesn't matter.Also it has got nothing to do with iu🤣🤣🤣
Maybe they’ll announce it tomorrow. If not, then Monday. You’d think they’d want to give viewers advance…
Maybe they are waiting to see how the drama 'against the current ' will be received or how much of a buzz will it create,it is airing today,As Chinese audience are comparing these two costume dramas and also have rival platforms,we may have an official announcement date in 2/3 days,most probable date is sep 17 or 19
It may be because Zhou ye has been busy shooting other dramas,she have no time to attend events or variety shows…
😂😂😂I have nothing to gain from negativity for xukai,I am just a viewer looking out for entertaining dramas to watch.I am been into cdrama for a year now,there are 2 actors whose dramas I watch or look forward to and xukai is one of them.Are you saying I spread negativity bcoz I said xukai is free for 6/7 months🤔🤔🤔.I am just guessing the reason.Also I am not defending xukai as Zhou ye in this comment because noone is saying anything bad about him.
It may be because Zhou ye has been busy shooting other dramas,she have no time to attend events or variety shows…
I think you are mistaken about ambassador thing,I don't think I have said so.I don't even knew that xukai was ambassador or don't care who is ambassador now.you are mistaken for another person.As for Zhou ye fans or not,I have never watched her drama,I found out about her when I was watching xukai's dramas and found out about SOTB,I am not defending her but just guessing the reason,I won't say I am a cult fan of xukai but I enjoy watching his dramas(but not every dramas)
i don't think fl loves pio, if she really likes smn its jeongyo
😂😂😂it's not like that,FL loves the way Jeong yo plays the piano,she is interested in his playing style,he plays piano with feelings ,emptying his head and enjoying every bit of music ,that is what she admire not Jeong yo as her potential bf/husband,if there will be a romance angle,it will be of bi o and jae in but for now we have not seen their strong chemistry as FL barely have screentime and bi o has his own problems
It may be because Zhou ye has been busy shooting other dramas,she have no time to attend events or variety shows…
I don't understand how did you get the idea of me hating on xukai ?? But read the comment uebe has written he/she has written that Zhou ye is neglecting the drama, For of all I would like to clarify that I am not defending her,I have never watched her drama,SOTB will be my first watch.actors/actress promote the drama before week of the drama airing that's why we have not seen Zhou ye promoting drama for now,I am including xukai is free because when actors are busy shooting for drama they reduce outside activities like attending events, variety shows etc.There was also no need for xukai to promote drama on every events and shows unless platform start promoting the drama,just bcoz xukai has promoted the drama doesn't mean Zhou ye doesn't care about drama.we have seen xukai promoting this drama for long time bcoz xukai's fans decided to boycott the drama, they were unsatisfied with production team,if he himself start to promote the drama,it will assure his fans to support the drama.when the airing date arrives closer, we will see both of them promoting drama together ,just now I saw of picture of xukai and Zhou ye together,it means they are starting to promote together,
If the ML is BJT, is it too much to ask the casting directors to choose Zhang Ruonan?
It is a cancelled project,Bai jingting was rumoured 2/3 yrs ago but after that there is no update.its a really good novel, BJT would have been the best choice .
this drama is based on friendship? or there is any romance???
The drama has romance as a genre but until now there is nothing.They are in teenage stage, maybe there will be romance in further episodes when they will reach adult stage but it will not much as other song kang's dramas.
It feels like jae in pity pio more than she loves him.its not love,she just feels bad for him,she has been with pio since childhood,she knows how he is treated in his family,his personality,his expectations,his dream and his lackings.Thats why she has always been supporting and praising him so that pio keep on motivated.But in ep 4 ,she even lied to pio and gave a false praise but pio noticed her swooning Jeong Yo's playing ,she also knows Jeong yo outshines pio interms of emotional connection while playing piano.I am really excited to see what will be her reaction seeing pio crumbling down slowly and slowly in next episodes,he was already alone but it seems pio will further cut off/distance from communicating with others.Episodes 5 and 6 are going to be intense.
Why is it only Xu Kai thatbis actively promoting Yi Ou chun? then they had the audacity to make it split billing…
It may be because Zhou ye has been busy shooting other dramas,she have no time to attend events or variety shows meanwhile xukai has been free for 6/7 months,he has no dramas to shoot,that's why he is attending more events and variety shows where he is promoting the drama,Also actors/actresses doesn't promote drama months ago now that the drama airing is happening soon we might see both xukai and Zhou ye promoting the drama together.
Pi-o’s jealousy is insanely so infuriating (I understood at first) but like seriously after all the time he…
Pi o has no idea about Jeong yo's situation,he has not told pio anything about his recent incidents(debts,teacher support, grandfathers invitation to the concert,his father son relationship etc)As of jealousy,he is just 17 yrs old,he has only one target I.e to get praise from grandfather but now his whole world is crumbling his grandfather giving praise and opportunity to outsider,everyone is trying to say pio is inferior to Jeong yo,now he himself has a doubt on himself if hd has a talent for piano or not,his agency is selecting Jeong yo over him,his grandfather,even his childhood friends who has great taste for music,his moms insecurity over him is increasing that she is unhappy with pio 's performance,that he will be completely overshadowed by Jeong yu.
When I was watching these episodes,the one character which strike my mind again and again is tyrion lannister from game of thrones.I found the characters pi o and tyrion lannister resembling in terms of psychological manners:- Both characters operate under a fundamentally similar mental state, built around three shared psychological dynamics: ​1. "Guilty of Being" – Birth as an Unforgivable Crime ​Tyrion Lannister: Tyrion’s ultimate trauma isn't being accused of killing Joffrey; it's the realization that his family, particularly Tywin(tyrion's father), views his very existence as a failure. He was born a dwarf, and in the Lannister dynamic, that makes him inherently defective. As he famously screams: "I am guilty of being a dwarf... I've been on trial for it my entire life." ​Kang Pi-o: Pi-o carries a nearly identical existential weight. Born out of wedlock to a wealthy family, he is treated as an illegitimate defect within an elite classical music dynasty. His existence alone threatens the family's image, placing him on a lifelong trial where he feels he must constantly justify why he takes up space. ​2. The Obsessive Quest for a Patriarch’s Approval ​Tyrion Lannister: Tyrion spends his life using his mind—reading, strategizing, governing King's Landing—to earn Tywin's respect. He fights endlessly to prove he is worthy of the Lannister name, only to realize Tywin will never truly view him as a son. ​Kang Pi-o: Pi-o channels the same desperate energy into the piano, practicing 10 hours a day to near-physical detachment. His obsession with maintaining absolute technical perfection is driven entirely by the desire to gain recognition from his grandfather (the grand conductor Kang Seung-woon). For Pi-o, music isn't expression; it's a desperate armor built to shield him from his family's disdain. ​3. The Impending Mask Collapse and Imposter Panic ​Tyrion Lannister: At his trial, the mask finally breaks. Years of suppressing resentment, serving a family that despises him, and swallowing unearned hostility culminate in a explosive breakdown where he stops seeking approval and embraces their hatred. ​Kang Pi-o: Pi-o lives in a state of quiet panic, hyper-aware that one mistake will ruin the precise, controlled image he has built. When an raw, instinctive talent like Choi Jeong-yo enters his space, Pi-o's fragile mental composure cracks. Like Tyrion, beneath Pi-o's disciplined exterior lies a volcano of resentment toward a world that demands absolute perfection while treating him as an outsider.
And I suddenly remembered a legendary speech tyrion gave when he was accused of killing joffrey
Tyrion Lannister's Trial Speech (Game of Thrones, Season 4, Episode 6: "The Laws of Gods and Men") "Father, I wish to confess. I wish to confess!" "You wish to confess?" — Tywin Lannister(tyrion's father) "I saved you. I saved this city and all your worthless lives. I should have let Stannis kill you all." "Tyrion, do you wish to confess?" — Tywin Lannister "Yes, Father. I'm guilty. Guilty. Is that what you want to hear?" "You admit you poisoned the king?" — Tywin Lannister "No, of that I'm innocent. I am guilty of a far more monstrous crime. I am guilty of being a dwarf." "You are not on trial for being a dwarf." — Tywin Lannister "Oh, yes I am. I've been on trial for it my entire life." "Have you nothing to say in your defense?" — Tywin Lannister "Nothing but this: I did not do it. I did not kill Joffrey, but I wish I had! Watching your vicious bastard die gave me more relief than a thousand lying whores! I wish I was the monster you think I am! I wish I had enough poison for the whole pack of you! I would gladly give my life to watch you all swallow it!"
In the end,tyrion kills his father and cut off all the relationships he had (with his family,relatives, friends etc)
Both characters operate under a fundamentally similar mental state, built around three shared psychological dynamics:
​1. "Guilty of Being" – Birth as an Unforgivable Crime
​Tyrion Lannister: Tyrion’s ultimate trauma isn't being accused of killing Joffrey; it's the realization that his family, particularly Tywin(tyrion's father), views his very existence as a failure. He was born a dwarf, and in the Lannister dynamic, that makes him inherently defective. As he famously screams: "I am guilty of being a dwarf... I've been on trial for it my entire life."
​Kang Pi-o: Pi-o carries a nearly identical existential weight. Born out of wedlock to a wealthy family, he is treated as an illegitimate defect within an elite classical music dynasty. His existence alone threatens the family's image, placing him on a lifelong trial where he feels he must constantly justify why he takes up space.
​2. The Obsessive Quest for a Patriarch’s Approval
​Tyrion Lannister: Tyrion spends his life using his mind—reading, strategizing, governing King's Landing—to earn Tywin's respect. He fights endlessly to prove he is worthy of the Lannister name, only to realize Tywin will never truly view him as a son.
​Kang Pi-o: Pi-o channels the same desperate energy into the piano, practicing 10 hours a day to near-physical detachment. His obsession with maintaining absolute technical perfection is driven entirely by the desire to gain recognition from his grandfather (the grand conductor Kang Seung-woon). For Pi-o, music isn't expression; it's a desperate armor built to shield him from his family's disdain.
​3. The Impending Mask Collapse and Imposter Panic
​Tyrion Lannister: At his trial, the mask finally breaks. Years of suppressing resentment, serving a family that despises him, and swallowing unearned hostility culminate in a explosive breakdown where he stops seeking approval and embraces their hatred.
​Kang Pi-o: Pi-o lives in a state of quiet panic, hyper-aware that one mistake will ruin the precise, controlled image he has built. When an raw, instinctive talent like Choi Jeong-yo enters his space, Pi-o's fragile mental composure cracks. Like Tyrion, beneath Pi-o's disciplined exterior lies a volcano of resentment toward a world that demands absolute perfection while treating him as an outsider.
And I suddenly remembered a legendary speech tyrion gave when he was accused of killing joffrey
Tyrion Lannister's Trial Speech (Game of Thrones, Season 4, Episode 6: "The Laws of Gods and Men")
"Father, I wish to confess. I wish to confess!"
"You wish to confess?" — Tywin Lannister(tyrion's father)
"I saved you. I saved this city and all your worthless lives. I should have let Stannis kill you all."
"Tyrion, do you wish to confess?" — Tywin Lannister
"Yes, Father. I'm guilty. Guilty. Is that what you want to hear?"
"You admit you poisoned the king?" — Tywin Lannister
"No, of that I'm innocent. I am guilty of a far more monstrous crime. I am guilty of being a dwarf."
"You are not on trial for being a dwarf." — Tywin Lannister
"Oh, yes I am. I've been on trial for it my entire life."
"Have you nothing to say in your defense?" — Tywin Lannister
"Nothing but this: I did not do it. I did not kill Joffrey, but I wish I had! Watching your vicious bastard die gave me more relief than a thousand lying whores! I wish I was the monster you think I am! I wish I had enough poison for the whole pack of you! I would gladly give my life to watch you all swallow it!"
In the end,tyrion kills his father and cut off all the relationships he had (with his family,relatives, friends etc)