News
On second thought Chi Cheng deserves better
EditCame to edit my review after watching ep 18
No spoilers
I think Wu Suowei doesn’t deserve Chi Cheng
The MC is too funny. I haven’t laughed this much in such a long time. I had sworn off BL because I couldn’t stand the bad acting in Thai dramas, too much reliance on smut. I was just reading yaoi manhwa 🙈 But if this is the future of BL, then I’m back for good 😂
Things I liked
This drama feels realistic. The MC didn’t fall for the ML overnight
He wasn’t straight then suddenly gay for the ml 😂
It took time for him to come around.
His dramatic reactions to the ML’s touch were such a breath of fresh air.
The MC wasn’t a pushover, and I loved him for that
. I do wish the ML was less forceful, but I’m still glad he didn’t cross the line.
It’s easy to write MLs who assault their way into a love story, but harder to write strong ones who exercise restraint.
Things I disliked
I didn’t like how much the ML liked his snakes.
I hated that he ordered some guys to gang rape someone who had helped his father take away the snakes. Yes, he told them not to kill the guy, but I was like; bro, you’re putting him through something probably worse than death.
I didn’t like the MC at first. He felt weak, like a pushover, letting Yue Yue’s new boyfriend hurt him more than once. Honestly, it felt like karma when the ML caused that boyfriend to crash and almost die (which, by the way, was a crime, one of many committed by the ML).
I absolutely hated it when Chi Cheng threatened to rape Xiao Shuai if he didn’t convince Da Bao to sleep with him. That’s criminal behavior. Why not just be patient and wait for your straight boy friend to come around? You can’t expect someone to become gay overnight and be okay with being intimate when they’re not ready.
I also didn’t like how Xiao Shuai pressured Da Bao to go all the way with Chi Cheng. It felt like he was impatient to get his straight friend laid. Da Bao isn’t gay (yet), and he’s doing this because of revenge.
P.S. A huge part of my enjoyment is thanks to the Chinese language. Some things that might not be funny in English were absolutely hilarious in Chinese.
I do prefer the second lead
Can the other half just be about them?
I want to see more of them
Their dynamic seems more healthy than the first couple
Chi Cheng is too horny for his own good and I think he take it easy with his boyfriend bc he’s new to all this
I think you can love someone but still not be ready for intimacy
Was this review helpful to you?
This review may contain spoilers
Why are Chinese series so long ?
I’m not a fun of Chinese series. However I have to watch them to improve my Chinese. The only choice I have when it comes to Chinese series is between really bad series and the ones that are not that bad. Guess this one falls into the latter category.Characters:
The FL is so good. Her medical skills are top notch. Which is not surprising because as a princess she had time to practice medicine, also just because her best friend and father were doctors, that makes her a doctor too by default. She can cure all manner of sicknesses. I was actually waiting for her to raise the dead or sth. 😂 😂
She turned from an impulsive princess who attempted to assassinate the king in broad daylight in front of guards to a thoughtful and calculating person who had to count the cost of her actions. Damn her luck, she puts herself in very dangerous situations but no worries she has a savior, the ML.
I don’t mind having a strong female lead but making her the only strong woman was just so annoying. I won’t even bother to talk about the other characters. As the title suggests this whole series is about JiuLing. The show made sure you cared about no one but her. It throws in your face, how good she is at everything, how all men like her, how she is so kind and selfless. I guess her only flaw is that she didn’t know Kung fu(that’s okay her battlefield was the sickbed, leave the fighting to her savior).
Honestly I’ve had to endure worse Chinese series for the sake of improving my Chinese. Wish there was any other better way. For those who would like to watch this, it’s honestly not as bad as others out there.
Was this review helpful to you?
This review may contain spoilers
It’s a no for me
Don’t waste your time with this oneIt’s terrible through and through
The acting is prolly the worst for Taiwanese bl
I get it the bar in already on the ground when it comes to bl but come on 😂
This was just painful to watch
4 episodes was the most I could do
This story is terrible
It’s not love
It’s a crime to even call it bl
If I had a friend like Atuo, id definitely end that friendship
Spoilers ‼️
I was shocked by the sa in the theatre bathroom, and the way Atuo had the audacity to excuse himself from any accountability claiming that’s what close friends do 🙄
I don’t think forcingly kissing and jerking your friend off is something that close friends do
You having a one sided crush on your friend who prolly thinks he’s straight doesn’t excuse your behavior
Jianxi seemed very uncomfortable during most of those scenes, as if he was just putting up with Atuo in order not to lose their friend ship
I dropped at ep 4, didn’t even finish that episode
The acting is terrible,
Don’t know who told the director tgat throwing kiss scenes every too seconds would save this show.
I get some people are horny and would eat up any bl, but it’s a no for me 👎
Was this review helpful to you?
I like bl but this a big f no for me
Too painful to watchCringe dialogues and situations
I hate that fujoshi girl, let people f be, let romance happen naturally don’t make it happen.
The mc has no backbone. He lets the famous step brother boss him around.
I didn’t get past 1st episode, I couldn’t stick around for their incestuous romance.
Was this review helpful to you?
Cringe ? awkward oops ?
Maybe this is not for me.I have failed to like this.
But I’ll watching it because I get to laugh at how bad it is. Maybe I have slightly high expectations for Taiwanese bl.
First of all, I was not sold on the main couple’s romance. I don’t usually expect things to make sense but aaah this was too much. I had a problem with the way their relationship started, how do I describe, for lack of a better term-so plot deviceish 😂. They caught feelings for each other way too fast. The other guy is 17 but he was the ka one doing the most omg. They were kissing religiously. Also aaah the kisses were not giving 🤣. Maybe I prefer slow burn romance. I don’t know 🤷🏽♀️. I think I like Chinese bl better. Chinese bl usually makes me feel like the people are actually in love and when they finally hold hands or sth it really feels like they’ve earned those moments. But in this one whereby Ep 1 they are already kissing….
And the dialogue omg 😆 it’s too cringey for me.
Was this review helpful to you?
This review may contain spoilers
Boring asf
This show is boring asf. Even though I love Chinese as a language I just couldn’t with this drama. For the past two months have only managed to watch only four episodes. I was even shocked all this time I was only on episode four haha.I didn’t like any character. The female character says silly things like: “ I’m high school I wish there was some girl who asked me gently if I wanna go to the bathroom together” wtf
The male lead has no backbone like literally he keeps falling all over himself. I guess the fl is supposed to be savior. Apparently she is some special force whatever, I’ve nth against girl power or whatever but if someone is gonna be a bodyguard, the best soldier whatever she should at least look like it.
Was this review helpful to you?
Should just stick to yaoi manhwa
I honestly can’t relate to anything that happens in this drama.Episode one already tested my patience. Why does everyone keep saying “you’ve watched too many soap operas”? Once? Fine. Twice? Still acceptable. But by the fourth time, it’s no longer a joke it’s just lazy and painfully lame.
I’m also really tired of how the rich kid trope is handled here. Why is wealth automatically equated with being completely brain-dead and incapable of basic human interaction? It’s not cute, it’s not funny, and it just feels insulting to the audience’s intelligence.
And don’t even get me started on the sound effects 🙄
Every. Single. Second. There’s some exaggerated noise telling me how I’m supposed to feel. Can I not get comedic timing without a cartoon soundtrack shoved down my throat? Overused sound effects don’t enhance comedy they kill it. Instead of being funny or dramatic, they just come off as cheap and annoying.
Honestly, the only reason I’m even watching this is because Bato is down. If it were working, I would not be subjecting myself to this torture
Edit( long rant contain spoilers from ep 1)
Watching this drama feels less like engaging with a story and more like being dragged through a checklist of overused Thai BL tropes, with little regard for coherence, subtlety, or emotional realism.
The ML is introduced as a rich, powerful mafia boss who supposedly despises people that approach him for his money or influence. Yet in his very first major scene, he does exactly what he claims to hate: he tries to buy sex with a 10,000,000 cheque. This isn’t clever irony or intentional hypocrisy it’s just bad writing. If the show wanted to explore his contradiction, it didn’t. It simply moved on, expecting the audience to accept it without question.
The bathroom confrontation that follows is another example of the drama mistaking intensity for depth. The ML’s attraction to the MC is triggered almost instantly because the MC “challenged him a little.” That’s it. No buildup, no meaningful exchange, no moment of vulnerability. Just a brief interaction and suddenly we’re supposed to believe this sparks genuine interest. It feels mechanical, like the plot is pulling the strings rather than the characters acting on believable emotion.
Then comes the most predictable turn: the ML invites the MC out under the pretense of wanting help to woo the MC’s friend. The gifts he proposes a car, a diamond ring once again reduce his personality to money and excess. The MC’s suggestion of flowers and an apology positions him as the “morally grounded” one, but even this contrast feels tired. We’ve seen this dynamic countless times before: the emotionally clueless rich man versus the sensible, kind MC who teaches him how to be human.
At this point, the drama doesn’t even try to hide where it’s going. The ML’s questions about what the MC likes, the sudden attention, the faux pursuit of the friend it’s all transparently a setup for proximity. The trope of pretending to chase someone else while actually falling for the MC is so overused that it drains any potential tension. There’s no mystery, no anticipation, just waiting for the show to catch up to what the audience already knows.
What makes all of this worse is the drama’s refusal to trust its viewers. Lines are repeated until they lose any comedic value, and emotional cues are hammered in with excessive sound effects that play every few seconds. Instead of enhancing humor or drama, they flatten it. Comedy becomes noise, and emotion becomes instruction. The result is exhausting rather than engaging.
Ultimately, Me and Thee doesn’t fail because it’s unrealistic or trope-heavy BL can thrive on both. It fails because it asks for emotional investment without earning it. Characters don’t feel like people; they feel like functions. Scenes don’t unfold naturally; they exist to tick narrative boxes. The show prioritizes familiarity over sincerity, and in doing so, leaves viewers like me with nothing to connect to.
By the end of episode one, the problem is clear: this isn’t a story unfolding it’s a formula executing itself. And no amount of wealth, sound effects, or forced charm can make that feel satisfying.
Was this review helpful to you?
It's painful
What the hell is this?I know I will sound like a hypocrite but I hate it when people blatantly try to profif off gay concept. They decided to just get two cute guys, not even bother to come up with a fish out of water story, just put them in a situation that will turn them gay.不好看。没意思。太垃圾了。我很生气。还好没有浪费我的时间。
What the hell is this?
I know I will sound like a hypocrite but I hate it when people blatantly try to profif off gay concept. They decided to just get two cute guys, not even bother to come up with a fish out of water story, just put them in a situation that will turn them gay.不好看。没意思。太垃圾了。我很生气。还好没有浪费我的时间。
What the hell is this?
I know I will sound like a hypocrite but I hate it when people blatantly try to profif off gay concept. They decided to just get two cute guys, not even bother to come up with a fish out of water story, just put them in a situation that will turn them gay.不好看。没意思。太垃圾了。我很生气。还好没有浪费我的时间。
Was this review helpful to you?
This review may contain spoilers
It’s painful
Watching this was painful. I couldn’t even finish the first episode. I never really want to be harsh in my review because I have to remind myself that someone actually spent time producing and filming this. Anyhow, let’s just say this one is not for me. When it comes to bl I don’t really have any high expectations for the story but I usually hope they at least try,Things I disliked:
I don’t like it when privileged people complain about things that are pretty much privileges but make them out to be burdens. Like”who I suppose to be the main lead” crying and complaining over the fact he has to work for his family company as opposed to him being an intern in someone’s else company. I mean, controlling rich grandparents who have a job for me, sign me up.
What the heck is that company? Why is everyone dressed funny? Who wears a tiara 👑 to work place?
The script is so ludicrous. Apparently the grandpa is so evil and stupid that he thinks firing lgbtq people from his company would make his company pure or sth and fit for his grandson to work there. 🤦🏽♀️
Also some of the gay people I’ve seen act pretty much like gay stereotypes.
Was this review helpful to you?
No way there’s an adaptation????
I had no idea there’s a show adaptation for this manhwa 😂I stumbled on it why stalking someone’s reviews
I’ve not watched a single episode but I’m sure it’s nice, the manhwas was nice
I had no idea there’s a show adaptation for this manhwa 😂
I stumbled on it why stalking someone’s reviews
I’ve not watched a single episode but I’m sure it’s nice, the manhwas was nice
Was this review helpful to you?
I tried to like this
I liked the main cast from Princess agents and because of how that show ended I was looking forward to their next work together.I tried watching this when it just came out ended up dropping it after 3 episodes
I picked it up again this year but still couldn’t finish
Maybe I just hate fantasy dramas
The world building is not my cup of tea
The only thing worse than those ugly cgi monsters is the annoying background sound effects
Not sure if they were going for dramatic effects but the sounds are just too loud and annoying.
As someone who loves mandarin I thought I could watch it for the Mandarin but I can’t hear them speak because of the annoying sound effects.
Kudos to anyone who was able to follow the plot
I guess I love dramas with good ole regular mortals, all this immortal and spiritual real bs is not my cup of tea.
Was this review helpful to you?
This review may contain spoilers
Painful to watch
I thought I could endure it for the sake of watching my new favorite pair FirstKhao.Spoilers
Sorry I couldn’t sympathize with the protestors at all. If you are protesting against wearing school uniforms among many other normal school rules I’ll find your protest just an annoyance.
I find myself watching on *2 speed. I was watching for only for FirstKhao, I think I should just watch clip on you tube.
没意思
无聊
很无聊
太无聊
@kkkkkkk
Was this review helpful to you?
S*** like this is why I don’t watch bl anymore
I originally got into BL because the storytelling felt unique and meaningful. Unfortunately, shows like this made me feel like BL is just fetishized gay relationships.The plot is non-existent, and the show relies almost entirely on explicit scenes. I couldn't even finish the first episode before deciding to drop it. But since the bar is in hell, and a lot of fujoshis will accept whatever crappy drama as long it is bl, they will definitely keep making sh*tty series like this.
Was this review helpful to you?
Meh
China is making a lot of bls lately too bad I already moved on from watching bls, I prefer reading manhwas. I find bl dramas too boring too fluffy for my liking.This one seems ok just not my cup of tea I guess. I found it hard to root for the main pair.
One thing that annoys is every mc somehow has to be poor and struggling wth 🤦 why can’t we ever have an mc that filthy rich and doesn’t need to be a charity case for the ml?
Also who the hell works their ass off to afford to pay for expensive acting classes for their younger sister? 😂 I’m sorry you can call me mean but I couldn’t feel sorry for the mc. All that hard work at the dork just to pay for acting classes 😅
I wish it was toxic at least maybe then I could continue hate watching it
Was this review helpful to you?
It’s a no for me
Thirty seconds in and I was already annoyed. 😑 I even ran to the reviews hoping to save myself from wasting any more time. I saw one critical review and thought, okay, they’re probably being too harsh, it can’t be that bad, right? 🤔I was wroooong. It is that bad. 😅
The MC comes off like a typical lovesick pushover who will accept anything the ML throws at him. The ML, on the other hand, is the usual unhinged, toxic BL archetype who commits every atrocity imaginable in the name of “love” and obsession.
Nine minutes into the first episode was enough for me to reach a verdict: it’s a fat no from me.
Was this review helpful to you?
