I am going to start with the positive. This series is maybe the best “vampire” BL, or even the best Asian “vampire” series I have watched. That said, the show leaves some of the Nour mythology frustratingly under-explained. And here is where the problems start for me. If you have a series built around a paranormal or fantasy being and its own mythology, you need to explain your universe well enough for the audience to understand how it works. You can absolutely leave some things mysterious, but there needs to be a clear foundation of rules for the audience to follow. Instead, NOUR often left me in the dark throughout the series. While I genuinely enjoyed the show, it was also confusing and messy at times, and by the end I felt like it had left me with more questions than answers.
You're not alone. I don't dislike the drama by any means, and for the first half I thought it would become one…
I understand that, and I don't mind the level of romance; what bothered me was the abrupt shift from '' We are on different paths " to ''We are expecting''. Slow burn is great when you have a slow, gradual flame and a visible buildup of feeling and not 38 episodes of slow progression, and then bam, we are family.
I feel like I am the only one who was actually disappointed by this series.The pacing was okay for the first 38 episodes, but after that, it felt like the scriptwriters suddenly remembered that they had wayyy too much left to adapt, and everything just went downhill. One minute the FL is telling the ML that they are on different paths, and the next minute they are finally together. I’m sorry, but I got whiplash. And then there is the way too much exposition. Instead of letting the story and characters naturally show us who they are and why certain things matter, the drama constantly seems to explain everything to the audience. We are repeatedly told about relationships, motivations, past events, and the importance of certain characters rather than being given enough scenes to actually experience those things. I’m not even going to get into all the things that didn’t make sense plot-wise, because that would take way too much time. Such a shame. This could have been so much better.
This sounds ageist. Have you seen the senior actors? He is considered the youngest among these actors....
I get both sides. Yes, from what I read about the character, he is supposed to be in his mid-to-late 20s; yes, Lee Min Ho is 39. But isn't the performance important, and haven't we gotten used to older actors playing younger characters? I feel this is the place for the ''How Do You Do, Fellow Kids?'' meme
Their kissing scene are absolutely awful whew ! Chinese actor cannot kiss like… They do some sex scene but drown…
Here is the thing: 3 years ago there were no Chinese BLs. We all know, even now, how difficult it is to make these shows, and the fact that Chinese BLs are now one of the most awaited just shows how much they've managed in just two years. Maybe there are not-so-good kisses, so what? Have you seen older Thai BLs or any Japanese ones, for that matter? Someone once said in the comments that if you want series with a mature plot, you watch Japanese BLs, but you have to be ok with the dead fish kisses, and I agree for the most part. What about the Korean BLs too? These things need time to get better. Personally, I am grateful for all the amazing BLs that continue to come out. And honestly, if I thought it was a true univercaly excepted by all BL fans that we close our eyes for some things like production, plot holes, budget, or even acting to an extent because great bls are hard to come by. But maybe over the past couple of years we have been spoiled, and now everything is up for criticism.
But they didn't specifying if The Red Peacock was the same series as Red Peafowl, did they?There's a high chance…
Here this is what I saw just now : BL Thai - The Red Peacock [ NEW INFORMATION ] After Two Years " Red Peafowl " Gonna have new Casting under a new production @asa.studio.official
The story is still the same as before :
Lu Yi Peng graduated from the Royal Hong Kong Police Cadet School with first-class honours. He made many accomplishments in his first year in the service. Behind the mission that earned him his reputation, however, Lu Yi Peng has something to hide.
A psycho mafiaso who calls himself Hong Kong Que—literally, Red Peacock—likes to ask for a look at the red peafowl scar on Yi Peng's thigh, a gift from that one mission. He'd supplied him with a strange drug, forcing him into a physical relationship with the change in feelings it wrought. Yi Peng seethes and daren't tell anyone.
He doesn't know from where this karma comes, but Yi Peng finds himself losing to Hong Kong Que every time. He vows, however, to one day put the man behind bars.
Does anyone have suggestions for BL shows/movies that are all about making each other better and healing each…
Let me add some too: Life in Smokey Blue, Blue Lips, The Servant Prince, Wishing upon the Shooting Stars, Cat for Cash, Monster Next Door, First Note of Love, The Proper Way to Write Love, Secret Relationships, Last Twilight, Bed Friend. I am sure that you have watched many of this sireis, but I think that they are worth mentioning.
I can give you a couple, but I haven't finished them yet. Maybe one day I will read them, but for now they are…
It starts well, but then it becomes difficult to read, at least for me. Again, Limited Run and Instant Family remind me more of Payback. You can also try Kiss me if you can and Desire me if you can, but they are ongoing and set in the same universe.
You surprise me greatly; it's strange that you have such a repulsion for that particular body part. Your podophobia…
Not a big deal, honestly; it's just a matter of preference. I watched the whole series and really enjoyed it. This was the only thing that was a minus for me because it just wasn't my thing. Oh, and I’m sure everything was made hygienically, but you know how the mind works...
Can anyone suggest me korean bl novels with like enemies to lovers (or if not, just angsty or similar dynamics…
I can give you a couple, but I haven't finished them yet. Maybe one day I will read them, but for now they are on the back burner: Even If You Don't Love Me, Night by the Sea (but these are very heavy, especially the first one). Then some are not exactly what you mentioned but in this type of tone: Stranger than Friends, Unscented Trajectory, Instant Family, Again (in some way it is similar to Payback, but it has rebirth), In the private room (maybe). I hope you find at least one that you will like
You surprise me greatly; it's strange that you have such a repulsion for that particular body part. Your podophobia…
The thing is, I don't think I have a phobia. I can give foot massages to other people, watch feet, and all that without a problem. This was just gross to me, especially because it kept happening over and over again. I don't judge anyone who enjoys this kind of thing, but in my head I was just thinking, - Seriously? He just played football, then went to rest, and he's a boy at school... this is BLEHHHH. 🤮
So, the series was enjoyable, but as someone who isn’t particularly a fan of foot play—or whatever it’s called—the constant repetition of the foot scene eventually became a bit too much for me. If that is not a problem for you, I can say The Servant Prince is a series that is definitely worth giving a try. It has an interesting story, enjoyable characters, and enough going on to keep you invested until the end.
I'm 70 yrs. old and this is my 2nd BL drama that I watched within this week. The first one was *The second Prince*…
I wasn't interested in BL either, just like you, until I watched the 9-minute trailer for KinnPorsche, and that was it for me. I think you're coming into the BL world at a great time. There have been so many amazing series released over the last few years, and the new ones just keep getting better and better!
I like Tutoryim I really do but what is with these scripts they are given, it always starts good and then just…
I agree with you. They are given series with no plot whatsoever. Maybe because the boys are stunning, and some think fans will enjoy and watch yet another nothingburger just for them, but this is the third series (and I don't count Cutie Pie) where they are just being cute while the plots are missing. I do hope they are given better work next time because, for me, they have great potential, just can't realise it yet.
[ NEW INFORMATION ]
After Two Years " Red Peafowl " Gonna have new Casting under a new production @asa.studio.official
The story is still the same as before :
Lu Yi Peng graduated from the Royal Hong Kong Police Cadet School with first-class honours. He made many accomplishments in his first year in the service. Behind the mission that earned him his reputation, however, Lu Yi Peng has something to hide.
A psycho mafiaso who calls himself Hong Kong Que—literally, Red Peacock—likes to ask for a look at the red peafowl scar on Yi Peng's thigh, a gift from that one mission. He'd supplied him with a strange drug, forcing him into a physical relationship with the change in feelings it wrought. Yi Peng seethes and daren't tell anyone.
He doesn't know from where this karma comes, but Yi Peng finds himself losing to Hong Kong Que every time. He vows, however, to one day put the man behind bars.