I really loved the 1st part, when they were maids,it was great. Love the sisterhood and the survival skills. I cloudn't even hate Ms Zhao because they made us understand her circumstances.The lessons taught felt natural. After they left for the capital and back to Jinling, too much happened, and sometimes it felt less organic. Then too many time skips. As the episodes went by, I felt more like I was watching a handbook for women "What to do when you're in X situation" than a drama. I also missed that sense of anticipation , a bit of thrill regarding the situations she faced. Lanxiang always read the situation correctly, stayed one step ahead, and everything was resolved without a hitch. It lacked for me the kind of adversity found in" The Story of Minglan", "A Dream of Splendor" or "Blossoms in Adversity" (Dramas I loved about women building the life they want) or recently in kdramaland " When Life gives you tangerines" In the last episodes, I was more thrilled with Xiuwan and Xie Zhao finally meeting than whatever was happening with that crazy woman. Wished we see more of them. Overall, it was a good, slice of life ,women centered and empowerment drama with relatively low stakes. A well done cycle of life. A story of survival, growth, found family, love and deaths. Still for me there is this missing piece (not the romance) to make it an unforgettable one. Lanxiang lived well as per her mom's wish and helped others to do so. I loved how she embraced her new identity without looking back but always forward. I do think a bit of her died that night with her family. Yet she loved her adoptive parents and move on with her life despite the grief. She was a survivor and made the best of her second life. Old master Lin who survived a lot of people shared his secret with Lanxiang. They both had a long life.
P.S: I loved how that woman who sell things in Jinling embodied the passing of time with the tidbits of her own life.
So He Du/Ying Gua took all those lashes to be able to marry Meng Ting Hui for nothing. We don't even get a wedding or a real happy ending !? C-dramas and their allergy to HEA even when the source material actually has one really need to be studied. Disappointed. And let's not even talk about Di Nian's tragic fate just as things were starting to look up. To think that the novel had a happy ending for these couples. It's really a shame that they've ruined it. Meng Tinghui,who loathed Yun Fei for his crimes, felt compassion for Yin Qing even though they are cut from the same cloth. She claimed to be righteous, yet she didn't apply that same standard when it came to her own people. What's more, he is responsible for Anian's death, yet she mourns him as if he were a good person. I'm truly disappointed by the direction her character was taken. Zhizhi couple had the best romance in this drama. I really liked them.
This was never hyped in the first place like Perfect Crown and secondly My royal nemesis still have 8 more episodes…
The first episodes' ratings say otherwise. It was hype up on twitter. My Royal Nemesis is ongoing but still a fun watch.I like it more than this one. That's just my opinion. If you prefer Filing For Love, it's good. To each their own.
This drama and Perfect Crown were so hyped, but I'm so bored with this one, though I'm still watching it for Hae Sun. I still don't feel any chemistry between her and the ML. Plus, they added a love square that wasn't even necessary. My love for IU unfortunately couldn't keep me watching Perfect Crown. I just couldn't get into it. Luckily, We Are All Trying Here and My Royal Nemesis are there to raise the bar.
All the build up made it look like there was some kind of plotwist but they just confirmed people's suspicion since the beginning. It wasn't the biggest revelation they thought it was when everything was leading to it. *pretends to be shocked* gif
Mu Qibai should've been the ultimate vilain of this drama or Situ Ling's eldest bro. They had the charisma and the aura. Now it feels like a child play. MX, SL,...they act more like spoiled brat. They aren't scary at all. MX is an idiot. SL looks like an obsessive puppy. His vilain arc wasn't necessary and it isn't even convincing.
I watched ep 27. What Situ Ling did was wrong. He forced her to take his concoction without her consent. It doesn't matter if it's to save her. But I'll play devil's advocate, Ji Bozai also gave Ming Yi the cure without telling her.He didn't give her a choice too. The difference is Situ Ling did it in exchange for something . Which makes his act self-serving, unlike Ji Bozai's. Nevertheless, I still don't want Situ Ling to become a villain. But it is a xianxia. He had a pitiful life, and unfortunately, he didn't meet a Bo Yulan like JBZ, or a Twenty-seven and Master She like MY, or a Tianji and Wanqiu like Yan Xiao. I wish he would understand that life has so much to offer and grow out of his obsession for Ming Yi. But I know it's just my wishful thinking.
Well, I feel that the sisters wouldn’t have answered her questions anyway to be honest. Even when she was trying…
Unless the subs are wrong they called her the last Bo descendants and her child. They knew her name. If I were her I would try to understand what they meant.
I don't get why Ming yi didn't react to the things the Bo sisters told her. Like it went over her head. She was supposed to be smart. I get that her priority is to save herself but i would've some questions.
You don’t call him and immobilizing her with magic and forcing her to drink his heart blood blood Alexa against…
Girl, reading is fundamental. I precisely said I'm on ep 26. I wrote yet many times cause I don't know if the next episodes would change my mind. But you reacted quickly just because I didn't trash Situ Ling. I didn't watch what you are talking about. So thanks for the spoiler.
Unpopular opinion: I'm on ep. 26. I may change my mind later but SL doesn't annoy me that much. He's clingy and pushy but I've seen sml that were more annoying than him. When there's someone who tries to get between the main ship, the fans tend to overreact. Most of times, it's clearly justifed. I don't see him as a villain. He didn't hurt JBZ or cross the line with MY yet. Sure his love isn't unconditional and he's delulu but he hasn't created a situation to separate them yet. Ming yi was the first person who treat him right. He was seen as less since he was born. I get his obsession. He can't see it but he mistake admiration and gratitude for love. I wanted him to come to realize it. But knowing xianxia's rules they always made the sml into a vilain and I hate when they did it. He may be annoying in the eyes of some but SL doesn't deserve a vilain arc. I'm glad he took his revenge against his brothers. What I hate is that Fuyue is so devoted to him but he doesn't see it. She gave him her everything. She deserves better.
Sigh... yall be like hating STL bcs of his obsession with MY but the opinion is different if it's JBZ 😮💨.…
Personally, SL doesn't annoy me that much. He's clingy and pushy but I've seen sml that were more annoying than him. When there's someone who tries to get between the main ship, the fans tend to overreact. I'm only on ep 26 but I don't see him as a villain. He didn't hurt JBZ or cross the line with MY. Sure his love isn't unconditional and he's delulu but he hasn't created a situation to separate them yet. But knowing xianxia's rules they always made the sml into a vilain and I hate when they did it. He may be annoying in the eyes of some but SL doesn't deserve a vilain arc. I'm glad he took his revenge against his brothers. What I hate is that Fu Yue is so dedicated to him but he doesn't see it. She gave him her everything.
I was so afraid it would end in Ktrauma, but this final episode was quite predictable. Except Jong Hee's brother trying to warn her. I didn't see it coming. Jong Hee won. I had no doubt about it. Yeong Rye couldn't be more pride for her friend. Too bad they ruined this moment with the old boss craziness. Everyone is happy. Even if they didn't give us any lovey-dovey moments, JH and YS ship is sailing. YR and JH may had some disagrement along the way but the love was still there. They laughed, fought and loved each other deeply.
Some are still frustrated that Yeong Rye ended up with Jae Pil and not the perfect Jung Hyun. While at no point did YR see JH as anything other than a brother or a friend. Some judge her whereas if their heart was already set on someone else, even if the perfect man showed up and seduced them, they wouldn't even give him their time. Or it's unbelievable that JP loves YR, as if they've never heard of falling in love slowly while building an emotional bond. Loving someone after you learn about them, for them and not the idea of them. Anyway their dating era was short but they were the cutest.
If she hadn't run away? She might have ended up in jail. I don't know if that's a better alternative.For me, Jong…
Thanks for this pov. I feel for her. In the first part, I always see her as a strong person despite the abuse she suffers. I didn’t think about her hvaing difficulty to make friends. Anyway, I want her to be unscathed and heal. Make new memories and find happiness. Hope the writers won't disappoint.
Overall, it was a good, slice of life ,women centered and empowerment drama with relatively low stakes. A well done cycle of life. A story of survival, growth, found family, love and deaths. Still for me there is this missing piece (not the romance) to make it an unforgettable one.
Lanxiang lived well as per her mom's wish and helped others to do so. I loved how she embraced her new identity without looking back but always forward. I do think a bit of her died that night with her family. Yet she loved her adoptive parents and move on with her life despite the grief. She was a survivor and made the best of her second life.
Old master Lin who survived a lot of people shared his secret with Lanxiang. They both had a long life.
P.S: I loved how that woman who sell things in Jinling embodied the passing of time with the tidbits of her own life.
And let's not even talk about Di Nian's tragic fate just as things were starting to look up. To think that the novel had a happy ending for these couples. It's really a shame that they've ruined it.
Meng Tinghui,who loathed Yun Fei for his crimes, felt compassion for Yin Qing even though they are cut from the same cloth. She claimed to be righteous, yet she didn't apply that same standard when it came to her own people.
What's more, he is responsible for Anian's death, yet she mourns him as if he were a good person. I'm truly disappointed by the direction her character was taken.
Zhizhi couple had the best romance in this drama. I really liked them.
*pretends to be shocked* gif
Nevertheless, I still don't want Situ Ling to become a villain. But it is a xianxia. He had a pitiful life, and unfortunately, he didn't meet a Bo Yulan like JBZ, or a Twenty-seven and Master She like MY, or a Tianji and Wanqiu like Yan Xiao. I wish he would understand that life has so much to offer and grow out of his obsession for Ming Yi. But I know it's just my wishful thinking.
I'm on ep. 26. I may change my mind later but SL doesn't annoy me that much. He's clingy and pushy but I've seen sml that were more annoying than him. When there's someone who tries to get between the main ship, the fans tend to overreact. Most of times, it's clearly justifed. I don't see him as a villain. He didn't hurt JBZ or cross the line with MY yet. Sure his love isn't unconditional and he's delulu but he hasn't created a situation to separate them yet. Ming yi was the first person who treat him right. He was seen as less since he was born. I get his obsession. He can't see it but he mistake admiration and gratitude for love. I wanted him to come to realize it. But knowing xianxia's rules they always made the sml into a vilain and I hate when they did it. He may be annoying in the eyes of some but SL doesn't deserve a vilain arc. I'm glad he took his revenge against his brothers. What I hate is that Fuyue is so devoted to him but he doesn't see it. She gave him her everything. She deserves better.
Jong Hee won. I had no doubt about it. Yeong Rye couldn't be more pride for her friend. Too bad they ruined this moment with the old boss craziness.
Everyone is happy. Even if they didn't give us any lovey-dovey moments, JH and YS ship is sailing.
YR and JH may had some disagrement along the way but the love was still there. They laughed, fought and loved each other deeply.
Or it's unbelievable that JP loves YR, as if they've never heard of falling in love slowly while building an emotional bond. Loving someone after you learn about them, for them and not the idea of them.
Anyway their dating era was short but they were the cutest.