Ok. Completed. My thoughts:Not a Fan multi couple drama but this one was rather good. Could have extended it upto…
First daughter CP was also my fave, and by far! I liked all other CPs, in that order (excluding second sister and Qiongnu) 1. First daughter CP (Shouhua was just the best character in the drama and I loved the arranged marriage/age gap trope) 2. Fourth daughter CP (that's the one I anticipated the most based on the trailer and I wasn't disappointed) 3. Fifth daughter CP (didn’t live up to its potential due to Yang Xian's family shenanigans but still started strong and had very good characterizations) 4. Third daughter CP (really liked this one, but it felt more run of the mill compared to the other CPs)
The trailer is so good! Yang Yang is back!
https://koalasplayground.com/2025/07/10/period-c-drama-the-immortal-ascension-with-yang-yang-and-jin-chen-continues-to-get-pushed-back-as-reportedly-youku-not-pleased-with-final-product-and-pushing-for-more-edits/
I don't know of any similar drama, but I saw someone saying Song of Youth (from the same producer) has similar vibes
I liked all other CPs, in that order (excluding second sister and Qiongnu)
1. First daughter CP (Shouhua was just the best character in the drama and I loved the arranged marriage/age gap trope)
2. Fourth daughter CP (that's the one I anticipated the most based on the trailer and I wasn't disappointed)
3. Fifth daughter CP (didn’t live up to its potential due to Yang Xian's family shenanigans but still started strong and had very good characterizations)
4. Third daughter CP (really liked this one, but it felt more run of the mill compared to the other CPs)