Well...the info we have is that eldest sister was married for about 2 years and has been widowed for roughly the…
Thanks! I tried to piece in those clues as well, but then I saw someone mention that DYX is 3 years younger than SH, but I didn’t remember it being mentioned in the show (based on the Netflix subs, granted) so I thought there may be a character map with the ages somewhere.
And you're right. If I remember correctly, SH was married at 15, and became a widow 2 years later (at 17). I believe it was customary to observe mourning period for 3 years, so she must have been around 20 when she was back on the marriage market. But then, how long did they stay in Luoyang after she became a widow, we don't know. And the last 2 sisters, as you pointed out, do seem significantly younger than her (was it these 2 that were cheering her on when she was on a swing the day the lecherous Yan set his eyes on her?)
I think the 4th couples story is going to appear soon. As previously Mr. Du has praised the magistrate bcz of…
Think so as well! Based on the previews, it seems there's also scope for an investigation regarding the alleged Li's son (obviously a scam), and I bet we'll get to see the Magistrate there and then.
I’m on episode 12 and saw the Du guy hit Shohua. DID HE ACTUALLY HIT HER, If it keeps going like this, I don’t…
The previews are misleading at times. If you're referring to the slap, then no, he won't hit her. But later on (episode 17?), he'll indeed hit her "accidentally". Basically, he'll be putting up an act to force her to leave him and will use a whip to threaten/punish the maid. SH will try to protect the maid and will get hit instead. It was pretty obvious DYX didn’t intend to hurt anyone physically, but he still ended up hurting SH (both physically and emotionally).
As far as I am concerned, this couple is my favorite pairing. But I saw many viewers complaining about their story arc (which I get because they are full of angst haha). If you liked the 1st couple (3rd sister), I'd advise to keep going because you'll keep seeing them, and I bet other couples won't be as angsty as DYX and SH going forward.
I am pretty sure he knows and that the Minister used to be involved with his mom.In fact, I think the Minister…
They definitely won't hook up!
Don't know what Du's plan is, and whether the Minister really is his father, but I am 100% sure he's using the Yu girl to achieve some goal (probably for his revenge)
He most definitely is! My theory: Minister Yu ditched DYX's mom for his current wife (the latter may have plotted…
Thanks for your kind words!
Initially, I thought he might have been a victim of his wife's scheming. But the fact that he agreed to allu with his wife and daughter to get Du as a son-in-law shows that he's cunning and cutthroat.
wait for Du when he finds out his potential father in law is the one who slaughtered his mother and maybe his…
I am pretty sure he knows and that the Minister used to be involved with his mom.
In fact, I think the Minister is his father! Otherwise, why would he name his pavillion "Fang" just as the name on Du's pendant? Why would he tell his wife "like mother, like daughter" when he learned his daughter was scheming to get her hands on a scholar? He may have been in a similar position as Du's in the past, but chose the wrong path.
DYX..... He really did SH bad. I hope SH never forgives him
She will. They love each other, and, during those times, filial piety trumped all kinds of other considerations (I'm pretty sure DYX is doing all this to avenge his bio mom), so SH will understand and forgive. Plus, she's experienced romantic love for the first time in her life thanks to him, she will surely not abandon him when push comes to shove.
He definitely should have told her about his plans, but, if he DOES intend to take down the Minister, I'd understand why he'd let her in the dark.
He most definitely is! My theory: Minister Yu ditched DYX's mom for his current wife (the latter may have plotted…
Yup, it's a shame that a mere minister's daughter holds so much power that she was capable of causing so much harm on her own. I hope to see more of the Emperor to see how he manages his court 😂
I don't think he's an idiot. He's probably trying his best to protect SH, her family, and his best friend while carrying his revenge as part of his filial piety
My theory
Minister Yu ditched DYX's mom for his current wife (the latter may have plotted for this to happen, hence why the minister told her "like mother, like daughter). In fact, I wonder if DYX's real mom wasn't murdered.
DYX found out the truth after witnessing his adoptive mother's strong reaction to Minister Yu's voice, and seeing that the name on his pendant (Fang, which is most probably his bio mom's maiden name) matches the name the minister gave to his pavillon.
I think DYX is planning to take down the minister and his family to avenge his mother out of filial piety, and that's why he's pushing away those he loves to ensure they remain safe.
I love this kind of trope so I'm not disappointed unlike many here 😂
He most definitely is! My theory: Minister Yu ditched DYX's mom for his current wife (the latter may have plotted for this to happen, hence why the minister told her "like mother, like daughter). In fact, I wonder if DYX's real mom wasn't murdered.
DYX found out the truth after witnessing his adoptive mother's strong reaction to Minister Yu's voice, and seeing that the name on his pendant (Fang, which is most probably his bio mom's maiden name) matches the name the minister gave to his pavillon.
I think DYX is planning to take down the minister and his family to avenge his mother out of filial piety, and that's why he's pushing away those he loves to ensure they remain safe.
I love this kind of trope so I'm not disappointed unlike many here 😂
And you're right. If I remember correctly, SH was married at 15, and became a widow 2 years later (at 17). I believe it was customary to observe mourning period for 3 years, so she must have been around 20 when she was back on the marriage market. But then, how long did they stay in Luoyang after she became a widow, we don't know. And the last 2 sisters, as you pointed out, do seem significantly younger than her (was it these 2 that were cheering her on when she was on a swing the day the lecherous Yan set his eyes on her?)
I hope we'll keep seeing their cute interactions when the other sisters' stories will start (similar to 3rd sis and her hubby)
But later on (episode 17?), he'll indeed hit her "accidentally". Basically, he'll be putting up an act to force her to leave him and will use a whip to threaten/punish the maid. SH will try to protect the maid and will get hit instead.
It was pretty obvious DYX didn’t intend to hurt anyone physically, but he still ended up hurting SH (both physically and emotionally).
As far as I am concerned, this couple is my favorite pairing. But I saw many viewers complaining about their story arc (which I get because they are full of angst haha). If you liked the 1st couple (3rd sister), I'd advise to keep going because you'll keep seeing them, and I bet other couples won't be as angsty as DYX and SH going forward.
I would like to know how old the mom and her daughters are 😀
https://x.com/soonsetra/status/1886110069110288730?s=19
https://x.com/soonsetra/status/1886110069110288730?s=19
Don't know what Du's plan is, and whether the Minister really is his father, but I am 100% sure he's using the Yu girl to achieve some goal (probably for his revenge)
Initially, I thought he might have been a victim of his wife's scheming. But the fact that he agreed to allu with his wife and daughter to get Du as a son-in-law shows that he's cunning and cutthroat.
In fact, I think the Minister is his father! Otherwise, why would he name his pavillion "Fang" just as the name on Du's pendant? Why would he tell his wife "like mother, like daughter" when he learned his daughter was scheming to get her hands on a scholar? He may have been in a similar position as Du's in the past, but chose the wrong path.
Can't wait for tomorrow to know the truth!
Plus, she's experienced romantic love for the first time in her life thanks to him, she will surely not abandon him when push comes to shove.
He definitely should have told her about his plans, but, if he DOES intend to take down the Minister, I'd understand why he'd let her in the dark.
Anyway, just hoping SH gets her happy ending 🥲
I hope to see more of the Emperor to see how he manages his court 😂
My theory
Minister Yu ditched DYX's mom for his current wife (the latter may have plotted for this to happen, hence why the minister told her "like mother, like daughter). In fact, I wonder if DYX's real mom wasn't murdered.
DYX found out the truth after witnessing his adoptive mother's strong reaction to Minister Yu's voice, and seeing that the name on his pendant (Fang, which is most probably his bio mom's maiden name) matches the name the minister gave to his pavillon.
I think DYX is planning to take down the minister and his family to avenge his mother out of filial piety, and that's why he's pushing away those he loves to ensure they remain safe.
I love this kind of trope so I'm not disappointed unlike many here 😂
My theory: Minister Yu ditched DYX's mom for his current wife (the latter may have plotted for this to happen, hence why the minister told her "like mother, like daughter). In fact, I wonder if DYX's real mom wasn't murdered.
DYX found out the truth after witnessing his adoptive mother's strong reaction to Minister Yu's voice, and seeing that the name on his pendant (Fang, which is most probably his bio mom's maiden name) matches the name the minister gave to his pavillon.
I think DYX is planning to take down the minister and his family to avenge his mother out of filial piety, and that's why he's pushing away those he loves to ensure they remain safe.
I love this kind of trope so I'm not disappointed unlike many here 😂