Celebrity
Replying to Maj • Oct 17, 2021
Article 20 Shades of (lack of) Consent, Part 1: C-dramas
nice article :)It got me thinking is it human nature (esp if you're into someone) to be irrational and unconsciously/…
Thank you, It is complicated and I think a lot is learned behavior , I think we can come a long way with just making people aware of it so they do not take it as normal or worse blame themselves when people cross their boundaries.
1 0
Replying to 11111 • Oct 17, 2021
Article 20 Shades of (lack of) Consent, Part 1: C-dramas
I agree with you. A lot of dramas actually have lots of scenes that doesn't have mutual consents. Sometimes I…
Thank you for commenting, that is exactly what I wanted to say, watch it have fun just understand that it can be dangerous in real life, I am so happy to see so many people respond ❤
1 0
Replying to Suzy • Oct 17, 2021
Article 20 Shades of (lack of) Consent, Part 1: C-dramas
I hope this article gets read by Chinese rom-com drama screen-writers, loved your article !! Consent is very essential…
Thank you so much for your comment, it would be interesting to discuss this with a screen writer... but as you see I think more and more will see the advantages of calling them out
0 0
Replying to Lovely • Oct 17, 2021
Article 20 Shades of (lack of) Consent, Part 1: C-dramas
This is my favourite MDL article of all time. I want to give you all the awards. I'm so thankful that you took…
This is a HUGE complement ( I feel the pressure for the rest now) Thank you so much for telling me! It is one of my favorite topics, I actually used to work with teaching toddlers and their kindergarten teachers about how to work with consent at an early age (age appropriate) so Ill take any chance I can get to write/talk about it 🤗
1 2
Replying to RAMking • Oct 17, 2021
Article 20 Shades of (lack of) Consent, Part 1: C-dramas
I hope in the next article you post FL version or KOREAN DRAMA version
Well one of your wishes will come true because part 2 is about K-drams
0 0
Replying to Muna93 • Oct 17, 2021
Article 20 Shades of (lack of) Consent, Part 1: C-dramas
thank you for a very informative article :) i enjoyed reading it
Thank you for commenting I enjoyed writing it 😉
0 0
Replying to MsBookworm • Oct 17, 2021
Article 20 Shades of (lack of) Consent, Part 1: C-dramas
What a great, well-written article! I thoroughly enjoyed reading this :) Just like you, I enjoy watching these…
Thank you so much for reading I am happy you enjoyed it, I enjoyed writing it 😋
0 0
Replying to Popcxqueen • Oct 17, 2021
Article 20 Shades of (lack of) Consent, Part 1: C-dramas
I know that the HIStory series are from Taiwan and your article was specifically about mainland C-dramas, but…
I find it hard to see how it would not be, and think my standard answer to those who do would be something like: okay, we have different ways of understanding this however for people who may have or will be subjected to this behavior without being okay with it that their opinion is valid and that it is okay to seek help and leave this type of relationship.
0 0
Replying to Shiro • Oct 17, 2021
Article 20 Shades of (lack of) Consent, Part 1: C-dramas
Thank you for your comment, I see that I really should have written more about the physical stuff, definitely…
❤
0 0
Replying to burhaa aadmi • Oct 17, 2021
Article 20 Shades of (lack of) Consent, Part 1: C-dramas
A very well written article, thanks! I loved it because it highlights the challenges involved in being a devout…
Thank you for your comment, I see that I really should have written more about the physical stuff, definitely a potential follow up if I can get it approved 😉 Moonlight absolutely has a lot of issues, that is why it is mentioned under both jealousy and light stalking (very bad combination of words sorry) to be honest the only reason it is praised is for calling out the behavior especially the drunk kiss, I was shocked to see that conversation in a c-drama. Also interesting about the j-drama kabedon, always happy to learn new things.
0 2
Replying to castawaydish • Oct 17, 2021
Article 20 Shades of (lack of) Consent, Part 1: C-dramas Spoiler
Oh girl if you think Addicted show was bad, you should read the novel. It's HORRIBLE AF. GH basically kidnaps…
Thank you for your comment. I have noticed that (scroll to the bottom), but I would not use those words... I found Addicted a very interesting watch this was my review of it if you are interested, interesting watch just not something to put up as relationship goals. I probably used it a lot more than it deserved because I watched it while writing this but there was just so much that fit in what I wanted to write about. https://kisskh.at/profile/Shirioink/review/146115
0 1
Replying to CKDramaddicts • Oct 17, 2021
Article 20 Shades of (lack of) Consent, Part 1: C-dramas
Thank you for writing this -- I'm so happy to see this issue being discussed! Your intro was very relatable --…
Thank you for reading and commenting 🤗 This happens to be one of my favorite issues. I do not think I have seen sweet first love, but I tried to choose common tropes that go beyond my choice of dramas ( I have seen a lot of dramas since I wrote this and would have included other ones if it was written today), I agree that the behavior is being called out more and more and I always enjoy it when it does eve if it as you say gets forgotten by the next episode. Aggression is absolutely a part of control and maybe I should have written more about it, Could also be the topic for another article if they will approve it, part 2 will however be about "some of K-dramalands most patient, sweet, and/or deceitful men while also getting close to the women who try to break loose from harmful relationships. Topped of with some of K-drmalands most interesting kisses." (summery in editing) I hope you will want to read that one too.
1 0
Replying to Yogesh Jain • Oct 17, 2021
Article 20 Shades of (lack of) Consent, Part 1: C-dramas
I disagree regarding the rape scene you mentioned in the Professional Single. Rather I will use the term Seduced.
ok, we have different definitions of this, thank you for sharing your way of thinking. I do however hope that those who find themselves in this type of situation and do not find it seductive feel that they are not alone and can seek the right help.
5 0
Replying to aria • Oct 17, 2021
Article 20 Shades of (lack of) Consent, Part 1: C-dramas
This article perfectly sums up everything I frequently think while watching these kinds of dramas, and it is even…
Thank you for reading and sharing your thoughts ❤
1 0
Replying to EngrPisces • Oct 17, 2021
Article 20 Shades of (lack of) Consent, Part 1: C-dramas
I'm glad I'm not the only one who watches a problematic romantic scene and says "it could have been romantic if…
Thank you for the title of the book and kind words😀
0 0
Replying to nevermind0_0 • Oct 17, 2021
Article 20 Shades of (lack of) Consent, Part 1: C-dramas Spoiler
I am not gonna lie , i do like the little bit of jealousy and possessiveness in dramas. , However it should not…
Thank you for your comment, to be honest i had forgotten about that part in Go Ahead before some one reminded me of it, I guess I was focused on the other parts instead, and I agree watching jealousy can be fun, but not experiencing it
0 0
Replying to yoorin21 • Oct 17, 2021
Article 20 Shades of (lack of) Consent, Part 1: C-dramas
Thanks for the article! This is such an important topic and it's interesting to see how it doesn't get addressed…
Thank you for sharing. I grew up in the 90s with allot if these missconseptions about romance from every outlet ithout it being discussed at all, I think times are changing and that people talk about this more often now and I hope this can be of help.
2 0
Replying to Shiro • Oct 17, 2021
Article 20 Shades of (lack of) Consent, Part 1: C-dramas
Thank you for your thoughts, no I am definitely not asking them to be censoured (in case I gave any one that impression)…
No, it was me who missread it, and figuredit was best to be clear(I got too little sleep 😉 here it is morning) but I guess Ill say goodnight 😴
0 0
Replying to Shiro • Oct 17, 2021
Article 20 Shades of (lack of) Consent, Part 1: C-dramas
Thank you for your comment, I love how you put it in to easy to read main points 👌 I really enjoyed both You…
Since your review includes spoilers I will save it for later but add it to my ptw
1 0
Replying to Drama Mama Lambanana • Oct 17, 2021
Article 20 Shades of (lack of) Consent, Part 1: C-dramas
Great article. These acts of non-consent/aggression shouldn't be censored, they make the conflicts and absurdity…
Thank you for your thoughts, no I am definitely not asking them to be censoured (in case I gave any one that impression) , but am a HUGE fan of calling out this behaviour 👌😉
1 2

71
143
14
2
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
2