Well I have an excuse to share a drama with y'all... They really used the FoF theme song like omg they really wanna make me cry thinking about this drama too...
If y'all love the relationship of the MLs here, go ahead and watch NBDA (Archives: The Nanyang Mystery)! That one was insane on many levels. Their bond will make you smile and cry. There are some interesting parallels too (which I won't spoil).
What a crazy but well-thought out theory that Haixia may be alive at the end of the drama (or more-so, there is at least a chance for him to come back again)... He made Hailou grieve over him once so devastatingly and now he does it a second time, both times believing he is officially gone... Poor guy ðŸ˜ðŸ˜
Mostly I agree with you, but why the story itself can't be focused on fl career path then? Instead the main narrative…
I did mean to say I like the focus on the FL's journey of following her dreams ("FL's journey of being an official" - I'm sorry if my comment didn't come across like that.)
I can barely watch anymore lmaooðŸ˜ðŸ˜ how did all of you do it, what even happens in the rest of the episodes…
Lol I loved watching it as it aired. I would just watch 1-3 eps a day for the most part which is great pacing. Some dramas are just better watching at a slower pace while others can be binged more easily. This one? I loved taking my sweet time watching it and getting all the emotions out as I watched each ep. Ngl I cried so much in this drama, so it's good I wasn't watching many eps a day of this lol. So maybe watch at a slower pace if you really feel like you need too lol. This is why I don't want to watch smth intense after to take a break from that.
Am I the only one who prefers the FL to end up with neither of the guys? I love her independency. I don't like how the guys like her and basically hate each other bc the other likes her tbh. I don't even like seeing how Qi Zheng is obv jealous whenever she is with Zheng Shi. Some things he does, tho may seem small, puts me off (ex: Zheng Shi coming with an umbrella and Qi Zheng basically claiming it's from himself by using it to bring her home, Qi Zheng telling her if it's not him no one would want to marry her when obv he knows Zheng Shi would). I mean, he really does a lot for her. But him being quite pushy about his feelings kind of just brings down his character for me. And I don't like Zheng Shi always doing things for her and wanting to get her affection when she clearly isn't interested in him as well. It wouldn't be offputting if she showed interest, but since she doesn't, it's pretty annoying.
So thank goodness this drama doesn't put focus on the romance but more on FL's journey of being an official.
Tho I know she'll end up with the ML... which I don't like the thought of. I feel like it will actually feel forced since I still don't see her really showing much genuine feelings for him even now and we're already getting to the end of the drama. Tbh, some dramas should just make leads not end up tgt if it's more fitting.
on he jianxi, I saw a clip of him saving zhang hailou by the sea, and the actor li huan read a letter from he…
Yeah that's one of the BTS of He Jianxi I saw. I don't understand how that got cut tbh...
And Haixia I believe in the novel doesn't die until halfway thru (I forget tho) but yeah idk when He Jianxi appears but it seems his role is bigger there since Haixia dies in the novel. So in a way it makes sense He Jianxi had less screentime in this drama, but st the same time, I think they still could've utilized him when Hailou and Haixia weren't always tgt in the drama. It would've been sooo nice.
And about the romance, it's more about the way it was written of them getting tgt which I think shouldn't've have been written in that way but in a way that doesn't make it feel inappropriate.
So the ML plays Qin Cang in Mo Li / The First Jasmine! Omg, like I randomly thought of this drama out of nowhere and then felt like I had just watched the ML here recently which was true... Dang, both characters feel different, I didn't even recognize it was him until now! Great actor.
Time to share some of my complaints too... Which could've possibly earned this drama a solid 10 if it weren't for those:
- The incredible amount of scenes that were cut - the team is basically releasing BTS of these and it's a bummer they don't make the cut just bc it would make the drama more PERFECT and even make you understand the characters or plot points even better. Even some of what was intended to portray didn't make it. Like seriously...
- He Jianxi not coming back after he and Hailou left the ship and went their separate ways was just not it. He even had an interesting skill of smelling just like Haixia. Why did he just disappear?? They could've made use of that. Not to mention the last we saw of "Jianxi" was a fake version... Like hello? I've seen a few BTS of him that were cut out which really sucks.
- The romance btw Feng Huang and Qianjun, tho not much screentime, felt really forced to me. Also didn't like how they got tgt. We also met them towards the end of the drama so I couldn't feel that much of an attachment towards them. This screentime could've been used for more important cut scenes *sigh* I'd have preferred seeing He Jianxi...
- The way things wrapped up felt really rushed. I wished they had build upon the finale more. Also, bc of how things wrapped up and how the drama led to an OE, it would be nice to get another season to show us the continuation of this story of theirs ðŸ˜
This really hit different. I loved the Zhang brothers and their chemistry was beyond words. I may rewatch this…
Yessss omg The Spirealm is soo good omg one of my most fave dramas as well! Also those two other dramas... I needa watch them soon lol it's been in my watchlist forever! How are you finding them? I'm not deciding JITD soon just bc I want to let myself just stay with NBDA for some time b4 watching the two actors in another drama xD But man, Zhang Xincheng's acting there (I've seen a little bit of him in it) is insane... Completely different, the vibe and even the way he speaks. Incredible actor.
This really hit different. I loved the Zhang brothers and their chemistry was beyond words. I may rewatch this…
(It got long so I felt like putting under a spoiler tag)
They fr do. Them growing up tgt might make this even more beautiful. They know each other so well. And their love for each other is sooo beautiful it really makes you cry... It's been awhile I feel like since I felt such deep emotions for characters. The emotions I felt for them are no joke 😠The other pair I felt that much attachment is prob the FoF MLs.
Yessss I really wanted to try JITD for a while, but even more now after watching this and seeing even more Zhang Xincheng's amazing acting! I alr knew he was so good... Now when I look at clips of JITD I am so shocked how ZXC does it. He really embodies the characters he plays to heart, truly.
And you need to watch The Spirealm! It's one of my fave dramas ever! The chemistry btw them is also very beautiful... 🫶 They will also make u cry! ðŸ˜ðŸ«£
me too i still cannot get over them. btw since you said you want rec i know some amazing k dramas that have great…
I watched The Devil Judge already. It's not the same level for me, tho I still love them! And Beyond Evil has been on my watchlist! Def will try it one day! Also I did watch Word of Honor! I really loved their chemistry sm!!
https://x.com/i/status/2072664685434880111
If y'all love the relationship of the MLs here, go ahead and watch NBDA (Archives: The Nanyang Mystery)! That one was insane on many levels. Their bond will make you smile and cry. There are some interesting parallels too (which I won't spoil).
https://www.reddit.com/r/CDrama/comments/1uekge1/comment/oubb8rv/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=mweb3x&utm_name=mweb3xcss&utm_term=2&utm_content=share_button
https://x.com/i/status/2072664685434880111
So thank goodness this drama doesn't put focus on the romance but more on FL's journey of being an official.
Tho I know she'll end up with the ML... which I don't like the thought of. I feel like it will actually feel forced since I still don't see her really showing much genuine feelings for him even now and we're already getting to the end of the drama. Tbh, some dramas should just make leads not end up tgt if it's more fitting.
And Haixia I believe in the novel doesn't die until halfway thru (I forget tho) but yeah idk when He Jianxi appears but it seems his role is bigger there since Haixia dies in the novel. So in a way it makes sense He Jianxi had less screentime in this drama, but st the same time, I think they still could've utilized him when Hailou and Haixia weren't always tgt in the drama. It would've been sooo nice.
And about the romance, it's more about the way it was written of them getting tgt which I think shouldn't've have been written in that way but in a way that doesn't make it feel inappropriate.
- The incredible amount of scenes that were cut - the team is basically releasing BTS of these and it's a bummer they don't make the cut just bc it would make the drama more PERFECT and even make you understand the characters or plot points even better. Even some of what was intended to portray didn't make it. Like seriously...
- He Jianxi not coming back after he and Hailou left the ship and went their separate ways was just not it. He even had an interesting skill of smelling just like Haixia. Why did he just disappear?? They could've made use of that. Not to mention the last we saw of "Jianxi" was a fake version... Like hello? I've seen a few BTS of him that were cut out which really sucks.
- The romance btw Feng Huang and Qianjun, tho not much screentime, felt really forced to me. Also didn't like how they got tgt. We also met them towards the end of the drama so I couldn't feel that much of an attachment towards them. This screentime could've been used for more important cut scenes *sigh* I'd have preferred seeing He Jianxi...
- The way things wrapped up felt really rushed. I wished they had build upon the finale more. Also, bc of how things wrapped up and how the drama led to an OE, it would be nice to get another season to show us the continuation of this story of theirs ðŸ˜
And that's unfortunate :( Thanks for the heads up!
They fr do. Them growing up tgt might make this even more beautiful. They know each other so well. And their love for each other is sooo beautiful it really makes you cry... It's been awhile I feel like since I felt such deep emotions for characters. The emotions I felt for them are no joke 😠The other pair I felt that much attachment is prob the FoF MLs.
Yessss I really wanted to try JITD for a while, but even more now after watching this and seeing even more Zhang Xincheng's amazing acting! I alr knew he was so good... Now when I look at clips of JITD I am so shocked how ZXC does it. He really embodies the characters he plays to heart, truly.
And you need to watch The Spirealm! It's one of my fave dramas ever! The chemistry btw them is also very beautiful... 🫶 They will also make u cry! ðŸ˜ðŸ«£