its the usual kdrama show s case reason . maybe gyurim has some reasons like ....- her job and h.sik s mother…
With Heungsik's mom having a winning lottery ticket, she should hold to the bargain and not make them leave the house. If she tries to weasel out of it, Heungsik will (should) make her honor it.
Imo, that feeling of being "small" - in comparison to MJ - is a huge part of GR's core conflict. The weight…
Yeah, that would break my heart.
I'm holding onto the idea that he now sees through all of that pushing away that she does and he's determined to not let go, no matter how much she tries to make him let go.
I do agree that she is weak-willed, afraid and hanging on to what she has (Gyeol) with everything that she has.
I just think she's somewhat justified in her actions over these 8 yrs or so, based on everything she has gone through. Even though it's frustrating!
I think she meant "anyone/someone" in a general sense. She's afraid to restart what they had bc of previous…
You could be right...hoping that she will change sooner rather than later.
Updating my comment to add: I wonder what will make her change. Will it be one big something that happens? Or will it be Mujin's continual affirmations and confidence boosters that eventually make her fears go away?
I am so happy you noticed that too. I also believed this is the doing of the director or screenwriter. It has…
I was thinking that it was that way, but I wasn't sure. I needed that one line of dialogue to make me feel pretty certain her character was written that way.
I'm looking forward to her breaking out of that...waking up so to speak.
Imo, that feeling of being "small" - in comparison to MJ - is a huge part of GR's core conflict. The weight…
Good post...yes, Gyurim has been completely beaten down in a lot of ways for a long time.
It will take Mujin more time to break down those defenses, it's just frustrating to watch. On one hand, I'm a little afraid that he will give up, on the other I'm thinking that since he "came back" to her, he won't give up again.
Yesterday's episode was "the good, the bad, and the ugly" for me. The "good" - the time that Gyurim, Mujin and Gyeol spent together and how sweet Mujin is to Gyurim. - Heungsik's defense of Gyurim to his mom. He put her in her place.
The "bad" - both Yun Hui and Seohyeon. Their selfishness has no end and I have zero sympathy for both.
The "ugly" - Gyuyeong's drunken rampage at the house...for the first time, I thought the acting was way too much. Just my opinion and others may not agree. I think it's time for her to character to have some growth, so bring the marriage farce to an end soon.
Some other observations... After hearing Mujin say something to the effect of "I was able to make Gyurim laugh" has me convinced that Gyurim's lack of expression/sleepwalking is a director's/writer's choice. Again, just my opinion and I could be wrong.
As I mentioned in an earlier reply to @Aera8, Gyurim's reasoning for not being with Mujin doesn't make sense. Who exactly is going to be hurt if they are together? Why can't she see them being together to the end? If the writer just needs them to be apart for the show's sake, come up with a better reason.
I like episode 17.Two characters made incredibly great dialogue!☆ Huntae advised Yunhui to "apologise to…
Gyurim's statement about someone getting hurt if they are together doesn't make sense...if she isn't with him, Mujin will be the one that is hurt the most. Outside of him, who exactly is going to get hurt?
Updating my comment to make more sense... Outside of him being the one most hurt if they aren't together, who is going to be hurt if they are together?
Gyurim needs help to deal with Gyeol. Because her method of dealing with issues is often to lie and then cover…
Yeah, I see what you are saying, but we don't really know what happened. As you said, how was Gyeol able to attend school, etc if Gyurim had no documentation for him?
If bio mom comes back and wants Gyeol, would she have any recourse since she abandoned Gyeol?
@Douglas1963 - For real...I hope the writer(s) don't wimp out on the Gyurim/ Mom scene.
I agree, but you know it very seldom works that way. At the end of the day, everyone is supposed to hold hands and walk off into the sunset together (that's what the writers think at least).
So...how would that work with the blood type issue? Unless what they are saying is an issue, really isn't one.orWhen…
It's possible. The timing of everything is very important...when the babies details were recorded vs how long after birth did Gyurim's baby live (not long obviously).
As you and @joetoca mentioned already, doing the DNA test will prove it one way or the other.
Now we just need a reason to have the blood test done!
While I do think that the lead actress needs to improve, last night, I thought her almost calm reaction when she…
While I agree that the actor playing Gyurim is not the most expressive, it's apples and oranges to compare Gyurim and Gyuyeong, imo.
Two completely different characters...Gyuyeong is written to be over the top, hot-headed and selfish. Gyurim is written as the stoic, long- suffering, sacrificial lamb character. Her emotions have been so suppressed for so many years, she may not even know how to show them. Who knows what Gyurim might have been like if circumstances were different?
Just my opinion of course...and as I said at the top of the comment, I agree that she is not the most expressive.
Edited to add: I'm also wondering if we will see a transformation with Gyurim once she and Mujin are together and she gains confidence from his love and support? So maybe they want her to act sort of "numb" to show the contrast? Again, just my two cents!
I'm holding onto the idea that he now sees through all of that pushing away that she does and he's determined to not let go, no matter how much she tries to make him let go.
I do agree that she is weak-willed, afraid and hanging on to what she has (Gyeol) with everything that she has.
I just think she's somewhat justified in her actions over these 8 yrs or so, based on everything she has gone through. Even though it's frustrating!
Keeping my fingers crossed!!
Updating my comment to add:
I wonder what will make her change. Will it be one big something that happens? Or will it be Mujin's continual affirmations and confidence boosters that eventually make her fears go away?
Whatever it will be, I think I'm here for it!
I'm looking forward to her breaking out of that...waking up so to speak.
It will take Mujin more time to break down those defenses, it's just frustrating to watch. On one hand, I'm a little afraid that he will give up, on the other I'm thinking that since he "came back" to her, he won't give up again.
The "good"
- the time that Gyurim, Mujin and Gyeol spent together and how sweet Mujin is to Gyurim.
- Heungsik's defense of Gyurim to his mom. He put her in her place.
The "bad" - both Yun Hui and Seohyeon. Their selfishness has no end and I have zero sympathy for both.
The "ugly" - Gyuyeong's drunken rampage at the house...for the first time, I thought the acting was way too much. Just my opinion and others may not agree. I think it's time for her to character to have some growth, so bring
the marriage farce to an end soon.
Some other observations...
After hearing Mujin say something to the effect of "I was able to make Gyurim laugh" has me convinced that Gyurim's lack of expression/sleepwalking is a director's/writer's choice. Again, just my opinion and I could be wrong.
As I mentioned in an earlier reply to @Aera8, Gyurim's reasoning for not being with Mujin doesn't make sense. Who exactly is going to be hurt if they are together? Why can't she see them being together to the end?
If the writer just needs them to be apart for the show's sake, come up with a better reason.
Updating my comment to make more sense...
Outside of him being the one most hurt if they aren't together, who is going to be hurt if they are together?
If bio mom comes back and wants Gyeol, would she have any recourse since she abandoned Gyeol?
I don't really know what to think...
I think it would depend upon the law in SK regarding birth registration/family registration. I don't know what the rules are.
Is it done in the hospital or at a government office later on?
As you and @joetoca mentioned already, doing the DNA test will prove it one way or the other.
Now we just need a reason to have the blood test done!
Two completely different characters...Gyuyeong is written to be over the top, hot-headed and selfish. Gyurim is written as the stoic, long-
suffering, sacrificial lamb character. Her emotions have been so suppressed for so many years, she may not even know how to show them.
Who knows what Gyurim might have been like if
circumstances were different?
Just my opinion of course...and as I said at the top of the comment, I agree that she is not the most expressive.
Edited to add: I'm also wondering if we will see a transformation with Gyurim once she and Mujin are together and she gains confidence from his love and support? So maybe they want her to act sort of "numb" to show the contrast? Again, just my two cents!