Quantcast

Details

  • Last Online: 6 hours ago
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: in front of the screen
  • Contribution Points: 0 LV0
  • Roles:
  • Join Date: July 24, 2022
  • Awards Received: Finger Heart Award1

afternoon_sidekick

in front of the screen
This is a personal pet peeve but I hate bad lip syncing and with that I mean the kind of you can tell immediately that it's no live singing at all. That stupid hand held microphone pissed me off so much!!!!
I know not everyone goes the Beyonce mile and records live vocals to lyp sync to but still at least pretend to try. Here they didn't even pretend to be like "yeah this could be sung live" No that microphone was sometimes here, sometimes there, sometimes not used at all.

Absolutely HATED it!!!!
3 0
Replying to Kate • 20 days ago
I was surprised that they both leaned into the repetitiveness of the song be doing 4-8 counts of the same movement.…
Oh I did'nt know that this was his style. My bad.

If that's the case I wish they made it environmentally more exciting...like have a column and bleed out the dancers or make it a ripple or break up the movements or something not so unison. But that's just what I'd like
0 0
okay I only watched the drafts for the kpop mission and I have thoughts...

Simeeze & Ingyoo: what was with the hand held microphone? Half the time it was dangling wherever and not pointed at the mouth and the other half it wasn't even used. Also having the mic and the taking of the heels was giving AG Squad from last season but messier. I personally thought while more safe the other one was way cleaner. Also I was so confused when Ingyoo doing the part full on crotchgrabbing and swagging out, wasn't he supposed to be the artist at that moment?
I liked the gun in the mouth though

Now the other two. First of that song is terrible. Honestly I could flip a coin because they were equally underwhelming. I was surprised that they both leaned into the repetitiveness of the song be doing 4-8 counts of the same movement. I think I lean slightly towards Nain and Babyzoo because they had better framing of the artist. Sometimes in Bada's and BKY's draft the backup dancers took most of the frame and the main character got lost in the picture especially when they are supposed to be in the back on the boxes with the megaphone. and to be honest the choreo was'nt that good to give them this much focus in that moment.
0 2
Ment....what are you doing????

Why make a cliffhanger by not revealing one of the elimination candidates, and then post the videos of the 24h last stage on YouTube with the candidates front and centre???

Are you looking for the public opinion to determine who to eliminate? Highly unlikely.You have your judges already there and I doubt they were only there to select the candidates for elimination.

This whole first elimination just feels all kinds of wrong. Being judged on just dancing and video presence when this is supposedly about DIRECTORS is wild. I firmly believe that Back Koo Young should be up for elimination because he didn't do a good job directing the title sequence film dance or whatever you wann call it. In the first mission (which apparently doesn't count) directors were called out for not utilising their dancers and now it's the dancers fault and the director is the untouchable second coming. This is BS
1 0
I am really disappointed with the way contestants were chosen to be be candidates for elimination.

This is supposed to be about DIRECTORS and to a somewhat lesser extent choreographers. But in this instance they are solely picked because of there ability to be a dancer in a project directed by someone else. That has nothing to do with the premise that was promised.

Why have judges there to judge a single clip. Honestly every critique towards to contestants (who were basically merely dancers) could be forwarded towards the director because at the end it was their responsibility. This makes no sense to judge it this way.

Also apparently the first mission (the 1:1 matches) doesn't matter at all?
5 0
On Stand Bi Me • Jul 26, 2026
Title Stand Bi Me
Seungho is lowkey giving a more immature version of Universe from Sparks Camp Season 2
8 0
On Payback • Jun 1, 2026
Title Payback
As someone who read the manhwa I was really scared about the runtime but OMG they did a fantastic job👏👏👏
10 0
On Only Friends: Dream On • Apr 27, 2026
I feel like I have to give my two cents on the whole Dean Arnold "nothing happened" issue

Technically one could say that nothing happened. They were drunk, slow dancing, got close and separated before anything happened. We know that, those two involved know that and the at least three witnesses know that. Everyone else doesn't.

Now does the video look suggestive? Very much. Probably was even cut before they separated. What are people doing together in the woods at night being close with each other? Look at Raffy and Rome, they hooked up in the forest that night.

I can see how for most people this is nothing especially because the audience knows the full story.

Now for the ones who this is a big deal for... Jack and Tua

For Jack this is very much about trust. When they first got together and Dean was working as a host it was very hard for jealous and insecure Jack. And when he asked Dean to quit and Dean secretly kept going it was his tipping point. This feels for him like history repeats itself. Dean assured that this was just fan-service for content to get attention for the play. Now he sees them close and intimate (not explicitly but still I don't know how to describe the atmosphere) not as fan-service or content but just because they want to.

For Tua it is similar but I would argue even a step further. Tua confessed to Arnold way back and before that got the infamous "friends can't become lovers". Later Arnold was actually thinking about if he likes Tua as more as a friend. Also Arnold talking how he likes being with Dean and making content was always a touchy subject for Tua. To see a video of the one he likes and his best friend being close that happened right after Tua and Arnold just got to be on good terms again seems questionable. I'm surprised Tua didn't cofront him about the "I don't know if these feelings are just for the role or not", because that makes it sound like you thought you might have feelings for Dean. And shortly after getting together feels like weird timing

I think for Tua the bigger betrayal comes from Dean. They are best friends that live together. Dean knows all about Tua's feelings for Arnold. Which is why he asked Tua if he could make content with Arnold. Now Tua did give his "blessing" even though he wasn't happy about it. But he trusted Dean that it's just for show and nothing else. Suddenly seeing them close without it being for content makes you question everything.

For Jack and Tua this is more of an emotional betrayal.

This is a rare case of two things can be true at the same time.
Dean and Arnold did nothing wrong per se
and
Jack and Tua are justified in their reaction
29 1
On Only Friends: Dream On • Apr 18, 2026
So I'm watching on GaGa...did anybody else hear this very weird sound effect at around 24:46 ? I was just about to run here and rant about Jack's non existing directing skills and then this happened. Had to rewind three times to make sure it was not on my end. Took me tf out🤣
11 1
On Only Friends: Dream On • Apr 4, 2026
I have given him 6 episodes I think that is plenty of time.....

I don't like Jack at all.
He is this self-righteous, privileged, hybris-filled, huffing brat with a victim complex. The worst thing is the show didn't do a good job so far to show that he has the talent end expertise to back up his entitled attitude.

Someone needs to humble him
17 1
On My Romance Scammer • Mar 30, 2026
I think on of the reasons why a lot of people are annoyed with Tim (me included) is the fact that he acts like nothing happened.

For him he believes that because his feelings for Pai are genuine now it negates the fact that he was putting on an act to scam him at first.

However we as the audience feel that Pai doesn't see it that way. For him everything was a lie as of now. Especially the struggle of feeling that the person you love was deceiving you fro the start.

Tim probably feels that Pai needs him and wants to do what he used to do for a year in supporting Pai in every way he can. However the problem is that for Pai all of that last year is a lie. And that is also the problem for the viewers.

The best way I can describe this is...They ware running hand in hand together but when Pai learned the truth he not only stopped but tried to take a step back. Nevertheless Tim didn't stop and kept on running while looking ahead to their future together. And because they are still hand in hand, he is dragging Pai along without seeing that he is struggling, maybe even lying on the floor and being dragged along.
17 0
On My Romance Scammer • Mar 23, 2026
trust and believe I love a redemption arc. That's one of the reasons I'm still keeping up with Jinx.

However, Tim is not even trying to redeem himself. Did he ever apologise? Did he try to accommodate Pai feeling betrayed? He acts as if because he loves Pai now, he didn't deceive him in the beginning. Dude you are at square one at most. Even U Had to go above and beyond to earn back North's trust. He returned the money, agreed to divorce and even slept in a dog pound.

What did you do? Oh yeah, you let them sleep at your house, when they lost everything because of you....what a good guy. Doing the bare minimum is nothing to be proud of. And stop acting like what you did wasn't fucked up.

My only hope as of now is because there are 4 episodes left something else will happen, because right now I am not rooting for Tim at all.
25 0
On His Man Season 4 • Mar 14, 2026
honestly I love that they gave them the option to not choose someone in the end. This should be standard in every dating show.

On a total sidenote.... Is it just me or did Su Min got more and more attractive as the show progressed?Not that he wasn't attractive to begin with
8 1
Replying to Vicky • Mar 7, 2026
I'm thinking he was worried about Tua. I hope.
I think Boston already went to New York
3 1
Replying to Vicky • Mar 6, 2026
I'm thinking he was worried about Tua. I hope.
maybe he did make whatever happened between Tua and Boston happen and Tua doesn't know and that's why he is worried when Boston showed up because he might spill that Dean was involved
10 4
Replying to Vicky • Mar 6, 2026
I'm thinking he was worried about Tua. I hope.
that would be a lovely fairytale ✨

however him giving Tua the advice to kiss a close friend to see if they reciprocate their feelings shows me rather reckless tendencies and not the protective caring kind....but who knows
6 0
On Only Friends: Dream On • Mar 6, 2026
Okay we all saw that face a certain someone made when Boston showed up...and I'm not talking about Tua because that is already revealed in the preview.

Dean, what did you do with Boston?
15 8