Quantcast

Details

  • Last Online: 56 minutes ago
  • Gender: Female
  • Location:
  • Contribution Points: 0 LV0
  • Roles:
  • Join Date: November 12, 2019
Replying to the drama queen • Jul 25, 2021
Okay so I have to say, I put off watching this show because I was waiting until they re-recorded the first episodes…
[SPOILERRRR] I'm at episode 6 and I AM IN LOVE!!! On Dal saying "My only fate is you" to Ga Jin and telling her that he doesn't care what she says and that they'll be man and wife someday was the most romantic scene I have ever seen in the 200+ dramas i've seen. The intensity in his eyes was just perfect. I've never seen Na In Woo act before this drama but I must say, he's AMAZING. This is the first time in a while that i've felt my heart flutter for the main couple. SO GOOD!!
5 0
On River Where the Moon Rises • Jul 25, 2021
Okay so I have to say, I put off watching this show because I was waiting until they re-recorded the first episodes with the new lead and now that they have, i'm going to start watching today!

I'm only 50 seconds in to the first episode and Kim So Hyun already looks so beautiful and grown up! I've only really ever seen her in roles where she portrays a teenager, but here she looks like a woman! And it's crazy that she's only a year younger than me. Super excited for this show, will keep this thread updated.
7 1
On Naeil's Cantabile • Jul 19, 2021
Title Naeil's Cantabile Spoiler
Had to drop this right before the last 2 episodes sadly.

The story was pretty good, the music was AMAZING and I loved the friendship of all the characters throughout the show. However I had 3 big problems that just ended up making this show unbearable to watch.

1st, I hated the fact that Nae ill barely got her time to shine. Yes she did have her moments that wowed me but it seemed as though the story was mainly focused on Yu Jin, rather than who the show is named after. It like she was constantly in his shadow and I hated that. She was also literally made to be the "mascot" for the orchestra. And when it came time for a pianist to compete with said orchestra, she wasn't even considered!

2nd, speaking of being in someone's shadow, Nae ill literally followed Yu Jin like a puppy throughout the entire show. I was okay with it at the beginning because she was supposed to be super naïve and then eventually grow into a woman. However, EVERYTHING she did and every decision she made was based around Yu Jin. It's like she couldn't think for herself, she just wanted to follow him everywhere. I get being in love and I know some Korean Dramas have this narrative where the girl is blindly loyal to one man even if he rejects her a billion times but this annoyed me so much. I wanted her to chase her dream because SHE wanted it. But she literally only competed and practiced because she wanted to follow Yu Jin abroad. The show literally classified her as a "genius" but made her live in the shadow of a man. I hated that.

And finally, I had super bad second lead syndrome. I've watched over 120+ dramas and this is the second drama i've had actual SML syndrome. 25% was because it's park bo geum and he's fine as hell so i couldn't help myself LOL. But majority of that was because how nice and open he was with Nae ill. He never lied to her and his only goal was to make her happy. When she rejected him, I literally wanted to punch my screen because he did not deserve that :(

Anyways, this show gets a 6/10 for me. I should not have listened to the positive comments.
3 0
Replying to gemini_hypnos • Jun 17, 2021
the fact that i am waiting for it to finish before binge-watching, while seeing spoilers everywhere is killing…
lol same but i've decided to give in and watch it anyways, since there's only 3 episodes left to be aired and i normally dont finish k-dramas all the way till the end!
0 0
Replying to the drama queen • May 6, 2021
Title Vincenzo Spoiler
been waiting for this series to fully complete for a while now and i guess it finally is! Gonna start watching…
Alright so, i've made it to episode 3 and i'm ready to drop this. Super disappointed. I wanted to atleast make it to ep 5 to give it more of a chance but I really feel like i'm wasting my time here. I've watched over 100+ dramas and most of the time, the first episode hooks me. Even if I end up dropping the show later, the 1st episode almost always draws me in. But from the beginning, this show has been so... hectic? The storyline is literally all over the place, and because they try to push the comedy and action, it feels so emotionless. Even at the end of episode 2 when Cha Young was staring at Vincenzo, it felt so awkward. Cinematography was great and so was the acting, but so far, i don't see how this show got a 9.0 rating. Definitely dropping this and maybe i'll continue it when i'm bored or something because this show is not worth binge watching for me. Pretty disappointed :/

Even Playful Kiss, something I consider one of the worst dramas i've seen, has better storyline pacing.
0 1
On Vincenzo • May 6, 2021
Title Vincenzo
been waiting for this series to fully complete for a while now and i guess it finally is! Gonna start watching today and then update throughout. I'm excited to add another show to my watch list! c:

EDIT: I'm on episode 2 and almost considering dropping it... loving the action and the comedy but i'm so lost on the story so far and everything feels all over the place and overwhelming. I'm not really sure who are the bad guys and good guys here as well. Hopefully that changes after I watch a few more episodes.
2 2
On Douluo Continent • Apr 30, 2021
Okay so I just finished watching this drama and there's so many amazing things i could say about it but i'm just going to say something small. If you've just started watching this drama and Xiao Wu's character annoys you, trust me, DO NOT DROP IT BECAUSE OF THIS! Xiao Wu literally annoyed me almost through the entire drama, but she shows character development just like everyone else. There's also a reason why she acts so naïve and innocent, and it's revealed in the end. Trust me, watch this! You will not regret it! Hoping for a season 2 :)
5 1
On Love and Redemption • Dec 31, 2020
this is the best drama i've ever seen hands down. It tops all korean dramas and all japanese dramas i've seen. The way this show had me on an emotional roller coaster is amazing. I never thought i'd sit down and watch 59 episodes before but the true and pure love that both main characters had for each other was beautiful. Please watch this show, i'm still shedding happy tears.
17 1
Replying to Kimsamsoom • Dec 20, 2020
Title Start-Up Spoiler
So you haven't seen the drama, but already made the assumption that it's so good.You haven't been an active part…
Okay let me break this down because... chile this is ridiculous.

First off, me saying that this is the most negative comment section on MDL, is just what i've seen. I have seen 100+ Kdramas and I always scroll through comment sections for reviews on the show. I've seen COUNTLESS of negative comment sections and i've always just said "oop, the show probably isn't good, let me move on". However, THIS comment section is the most toxic that IVE seen on MDL. There's probably worse out there but from what IVE SEEN, ME PERSONALLY, this is the most toxic. I don't mean that every single 26,000 comments below are toxic/negative, and that's why i said you are putting words in my mouth. I'm saying that from what IVE PERSONALLY SEEN so far, this has been the most toxic experience FOR ME.

Second of all, criticizing actors are okay. But CONSTANTLY spreading negativity is not. You leaving multiple comments is not bad, i never said that. Me saying you're under almost every comment is not me bashing you for being active. I was referring to the fact that you're under a lot of comments where you talk negatively about an actor/actress.

I'm going to leave it at this because I definitely am uncomfortable with being here lol but i said what i said. I'm sorry to all the positive people who read this and who's comments get lost in the negativity.
4 1
Replying to Kimsamsoom • Dec 20, 2020
Title Start-Up
So you haven't seen the drama, but already made the assumption that it's so good.You haven't been an active part…
Its funny how you responded to my comment, when you were the EXACT person i've seen spreading the most negativity here. Literally you're almost under every comment. The most recent i've seen you under, you're talking about NJH and Suzy stans and i literally seen a comment with you saying something like "bland eyed suzy" or something like that. Like I told the person before, there's nothing wrong with hating characters or disliking a plot, I literally despise "Playful Kiss" and the character Oh Ha Ni. However, i'm not gonna talk about the actual actress or her shows "flopping" which you yourself have done in this very comment section. I see that you're a fan of the actor who plays the second male lead but i feel like that doesn't make it okay to spready negativity about the other actors for no apparent reason. Thats why i called it toxic and weird because that's what it is.

Also, i said the show "SEEMS" so good, meaning I haven't seen it yet but the little summary sounds interesting. ALSO, you're putting words in my mouth by saying i'm generalizing the whole comment section, i literally pointed out that the people talking about the ACTORS are the ones being toxic since the actors are only following a script and have nothing to do with the storyline.
4 3
Replying to 7805023 • Dec 20, 2020
Title Start-Up
There's nothing toxic about discussing FICTIONAL characters. And why does it seem weird to you that people leave…
Please do. Like I understand hanging out in a comment section and loving a show/character because I was that way about IONTBO & CLOY. But just because I dislike a character or a ship didn't go my way, im not gonna start bashing an actors work. I came to this page excited to start a new show and join a new community but as soon as i scrolled through the comments I felt so uncomfortable. Hopefully things get more positive and I was just seeing one day of toxicity, idk.
5 1
Replying to 7805023 • Dec 20, 2020
Title Start-Up
There's nothing toxic about discussing FICTIONAL characters. And why does it seem weird to you that people leave…
Yes, i know what its like to be frustrated over a character, however i see people bashing the actors in the show as well over said frustration. Like i'm used to negative comments over characters, thats normal. But bashing actors just because of your frustration? Like someone literally pointed out the one of the actors shows continuously "flopping". It's weird and toxic energy. I came here trying to see if I should start watching this show. Negative comments are normal and if I saw that, i would've simply put this on my "dont watch" list and moved on. But all this toxicity against the actors and pitting "sUzY StAnS" against "NJH StAnS" and also against "KsH sTanS" like all of that is weird. Just say you disliked the show/characters, and yell @ the writer. But it's just weird scrolling through so many comments talking about the actors. Somebody literally went "i bet (insert actor name here)'s stans created fake accounts to boost/lower the ratings".... like its not that serious.
6 16
On Start-Up • Dec 20, 2020
Title Start-Up
This is the weirdest and most negative comment section ive seen on MDL. Like...are ya'll ok?

chile... i haven't even watched this drama and it seems so good but the community seems so toxic? lol, why are people fighting and complaining about ratings and the actors in the comment section? Its... just a show...

like i can understand if one of the actors are in a scandal or did something wrong but if ya'll are THIS upset over a FICTIONAL ship not sailing or disliking a character that you comment about it everyday, that's really weird. I thought i would see more people telling others to calm down but no its really a toxic comment section.
14 24
On Flower of Evil • Nov 17, 2020
Everybody seems to love this show so much and i really wanna get into it because i love LJG but i've tried to watch episode 1 three times already and every single time i've fallen asleep out of boredom. I don't know why, like it seems like it would be so good but idk why i can't seem to get into it. I'm also hesitating because I heard there's not a lot of romance in this and that's honestly all i really care about when watching dramas. Ugh, idk! I really wanna join the hype but i can't get past the first episode
5 4
On The Scholar Who Walks the Night • Nov 17, 2020
This is a comment without the spoiler. PLEASE WATCH THIS SHOW. Do not listen to any of the comments below. The FL and ML's chemistry were off the charts. People probably misjudged it because of how cold the ML came after becoming a vampire but even in the show, the way he looks at her and protects her is amazing. They both have such great chemistry together. I won't spoil to much but lets say, they kiss a lot.

On the other hand, the story in itself is AMAZING. I literally spent 2 full days binge watching this, not even wanting to sleep. IDK how some people managed to drop this in the first episode, when literally the first 10 minutes hooked me. Which a lot of popular dramas have not been able to do. Please give this a shot, it's so good!
22 2
On The Scholar Who Walks the Night • Nov 17, 2020
The people in the comments saying negative things about this drama really have no taste. I've been in a drama rut for a while and THIS brought back my love for kdramas. I loved absolutely everything about it. I've watched over 100 dramas so far and only a handful of them have i been able to finish all the way till the final episode. This drama made that list.

For the people coming for the female lead, yall must be blind or something. She was literally the sweetest and purest soul. Her "googly" eyes made her character shine even more. It showed how innocent she was. Her personality was amazing as well. she was always only devoted to her man. Even when she found out he was a vampire and that he killed her father to save her, she stayed with him.

This story was amazing and i can't see why this got ANY type of negative reviews. It didn't drag, it stuck to the plot, there was no crazy or weird plot twists. the villain lost in the end and the story made sense. Everything about this show was literally perfect. If you're not sure if you should watch this, PLEASE WATCH IT. It deserves a rating of 9 or higher. I can't believe I had never heard of this before!
7 0
On Queen of the Ring • Oct 22, 2020
Title Queen of the Ring Spoiler
I dropped this show only 30 minutes in. The premise was good but I hated the fact that he literally saw a whole different woman when looking at her. I thought maybe they'd put makeup on her and do her hair or something, just all in all spice HER up. But they literally took an already pretty person and made him fall for the looks of another woman.

This show would've been PERFECT if they had made the ring a placebo effect instead. Meaning that any woman who puts the ring on FEELS more confident, so to others, she looks like their dream girl. But the fact that they just turned her into a whole new person just annoys the crap out of me. 2/10.
5 1
On Vagabond • Oct 6, 2020
Title Vagabond
im so disappointed in myself LOL i dropped this drama at episode 7 thinking it wasn't up my alley but i just got done watching the whole thing and i need a season 2 NEOWWWW
0 0
On Heartstrings • Aug 30, 2020
Title Heartstrings Spoiler
im 6 episodes in and upset omg. How did the FL start off so strong but that as soon as the ML flashed a smile at her, she was swept up like everyone else? And it's worse because she's acting so pathetic over him that it makes me want to riot LOL. Like he clearly has feelings for someone else and even when he straight up told her that he didn't like her, she till went after him in the next episode like a lost puppy. It's so annoying. Do any of these kdrama women have any type of backbone? It's always the FL chasing the men. And now he told her he was gonna give up on the professor, and she's taking that as a way in? Like girl, if he dates you now, you're just a rebound because he couldn't have who he actually wanted...

sigh, i hope it gets better because so far, the way this romance is written is so bad.
7 4