Instead of comparing him to your ideal man or the modern day ideal man, compare him to the other men of his day.…
I actually agree with the modern day comment. I definitely AM looking at it through modern eyes which I shouldn't be! But I think coupled with the fact that I found the show way too slow for me and then seeing him do that a second time just really made me feel like this wasn't for me! Thank you for your opinion though, I appreciate your take on it!
Just like Jin Qi, I gave wei shao one chance. He grossed me out in the beginning to but made up for it by being devoted to his wife. Even though the both of them were scheming and manipulating each other, the only icky thing Wei Shao did that almost made me drop the show was him choking her. But then I remembered that they hated each other at that point. I also don't think Wei Shao was a "good guy" in the same way that ManMan wasn't a "good girl". That relationship was complicated but it wasn't gross or icky.
With Jin Qi, I gave him the benefit of the doubt simply because I know he wanted the FL sooo bad that he'd do anything to have her. So even though I found it gross, I was like okay maybe it was a ONE off thing. Same with Wei Shao. But then he drugged her and I just couldn't lol sorry. By your PFP i can tell you love LXY, I promise its no dig at the actor. But the writers making him drug her against her will and taking that choice away from her a SECOND time was just not for me! I get a lot of you guys love this show a lot and have your opinions but this is just mine! 1 watcher who doesn't like the show won't kill you, i promise 😭
I see that you have The Early Spring on your list. Be forewarned that the ML is also very disrespectful (that’s…
Yes, I read the comments and saw that the ML in that drama was disrespectful. But just like this one, im gonna give it a try and if he's too icky, ill drop it as well! But i'm looking for more historical dramas and I was putting my hopes in this one but idk what to do now 😭
im ngl, i had to drop this one. Not only is the romance & the show itself so SLOW, but the ML is just... ew.
& not in the physical way, I actually think this is the most attractive LXY role so far with his dimples and his smile. But the choices he's made has just really turned me off of this show. When he basically forced her to marry him, i was grossed out but I wanted to let the plot cook, thinking maybe he'll change and he'd never do something like that again. It was a 1 time thing because he desired her SO bad that he went to great lengths to have her. Is it still gross? YES but i wanted to see if there was some redemption there.
But then, he doubled down and decided to drug her!! And that's where he lost me, im sorry. Like I get that she eventually wanted to go to the capital anyway but... he didn't know that! My brain keeps trying to make excuses for him but girl... this is the second time he would've been taking her choice from her! What if he does it again? If he did it twice, there's more than likely a chance that he'll do something weird again and it's just not my cup of tea. Plus now im reading the comments and it sounds like the romance is STILL not moving?
Yeah, this is going into the dropped list. Love the FL though, what a strong woman! I'll probably be back to just watch the episode when they inevitably find out who she is but i'm not watching all of this, its too slow girl.
I don’t think it’s confusing. When she talked about women not being below men, she clearly meant in sports…
This is a very good take! But her character still disappoints me. I really respected her at first because like i said, i thought she was going to be a strong independent girls girl character that didn’t let a guy dictate her feelings against another girl but i guess i was looking at her character the wrong way. I was excited to see a character like that and then in just a few episodes, she became one of my least favorite characters. It’s just disappointing because i’m always the type to root for the girlies but then the writers do stuff like that and even though it’s good drama, it affects me because im already so attached to the story lol.
The same thing happened with Gu Lan in the beginning. Even though she’s had a redemption arc, I really liked Gu Lan at first because her & Jinzhao had really good chemistry as sisters and then as soon as she realized that Ye Xian liked her, she flipped on her and turned evil. Now the same thing is happening with QinLan and it was just disappointing to see. I guess i’m just too into the girls supporting girls trope UNLESS they are clear villains from the start.
currently at ep 29 and i have to say this, what is it with this writer and having the girlies (except for jinzhao) be blinded by these men? Like wasn’t Qinlan all “WOMEN ARE EQUAL TO MEN!!!” & “let’s show them that we’re just as good” literally a few episodes ago, and now that she’s jealous that the man she likes is in love with Jinzhao, she’s acting like such an ahole? I don’t get that writing. Mind you, Jinzhao has known Ye Xian much longer than Qinlan has, yet somehow, Qinlan has become his #1 fan! Showing up at his job just to tease him & also being able to be snarky to Jinzhao during the funeral as if she was already his wife… like omg. What happened to the strong woman who was so adamant on womans rights? How did a man suddenly make her so obsessed that she was willing to put down an innocent woman not only behind her back but to her face when that woman hasn’t done anything to her!!!
And i know people will say “well she’s just jealous, it’s natural that she’s acting this way” but it’s confusing for me because I thought her character was all about being a girls girl. Either I was just missing all of the signs or this writer just forgot their character lol cause what’s going on with her. A man that you just met cannot make you this obsessed like WHEW girl STAND UP!
Not trying to bash the show btw, it’s been so amazing so far, literally 10/10 and one of my new fav dramas of the year! But i just needed to get that out cause wth
i’ve made it to episode 9 and i must say that i’m really upset with the development of gu lan. I was actually excited to see a concubine born sister of the FL with SENSE finally since usually, they’re all evil. I liked how she took a liking to Jinzhao immediately and the two girls seemed to hit it off well and become besties. She even scolded her mom and her nanny for acting out and told them they were wrong. But the writers completely destroyed all of that as soon as they turned her evil for a man. Like i get she doesn’t know Jinzhao at all, and she’s really jealous because of all the attention she gets PLUS her crush seems to have an interest in jinzhao as well, but why couldn’t we have a strong sistership? I would’ve loved to see them working together or just hanging out as besties! But i guess shows like these just need a sister rivalry for some reason so… whatever. Still a good show so far! That’s just my one quip.
Alright, i’m about to check out episode 1 and give this drama a try! Here’s my predictions/thoughts based off the synopsis:
First, i’m 100% betting that the reason she’s considered a “Jinx” to her fathers career is because some evil step mom or sister or something framed her as a child so another child can get the spotlight. That’s a huge cdrama trope. I’d be surprised if it was ACTUALLY true that she was a jinx.
Secondly, I love FLs with a bold personality, just hoping it’s not annoying but I love this actress so i think she’ll nail this role.
Third, some of the comments have spoiled that the male lead doesn’t get a lot of screen time in the first 20 episodes… i hope they are wrong because I’m watching this for both of them.
Finally, it seems like (based on the comments) they get married in the most recent episode… so ur telling me the romance doesn’t start until there’s only 14 episodes left? So then what will the other 22 episodes even be about????
Hmm… hopefully this is good. I’ll be back when i’ve completed it! (or dropped it…)
only 8 minutes into the first episode… great premise so far but i’m praying that hui ju gets better because right now she’s an asshole lol. But I still have a lot more to see so maybe her personality will be explained better.
thinking of starting this now, can anyone tell me (under a spoiler) what episode does the romance start? because if it hasn’t started yet or JUST started then i’d rather wait till next weekend when all the episodes are released.
it’s INSANE that this is STILL the most popular show on this website after so many years!!! I’ve been watching dramas since 2022 and it was at #1 even back then!!!
i’m officially starting this at episode 1 but guys… i need to know. In which episode does she drop this “omg save me save me! i’m such a helpless damsel in distress” act that she’s doing? I’m watching this because I heard that dilraba is playing a queen here + there’s a tag for “badass female lead” and that’s my favorite kind of FL. However, this pick me act she has going on right now is really taking me out of the show… like i know she’s doing it with an ulterior motive but I just CANT with this act!!! Please tell me what episode it ends!
First off, I just want to say that this was WAY better than season 1!! I wasn’t sure at first but as the episodes went on, i kept getting more and more impressed! Better choreography, better villains and better emotions! I literally felt like I was going to jump out of my skin everytime rain came on the screen LOL. He was so SO scary as a villain! Like, i knew he had hands because i’ve watched him in Ninja Assassin but seeing him as Baekjong here had be SHOOK! He was terrifying! This season really took villains to the next level. I’m sorry but baekjong made Myeong-il look like a poodle LMAO.
Also, while I agree with some comments that woojin was a little sidelined and one dimensional this season, it does make sense that geonwoo was the only one who could take down Baekjong. From season 1, they explained that geonwoo was basically a monster and that his fists hit HARD. In this season, he was also THEE champion i believe, like number 1 boxer in korea. So it makes sense that he’d be able to take down Baekjong and not woojin. Woojin was also in the rookie matches with geonwoo in season 1 and he got far but he didn’t get to beat geonwoo. Woojin is AMAZING and proved that he could hold his own for a while against a monster like Baekjong. However, like gwangmu said the entire show, you can only take down a beast if you’re a beast yourself. Baekjong is a demon in the ring and so is geonwoo. The only difference between geonwoo and baekjong when it comes to fighting is that geonwoo has honor.
That’s why i’m excited for a season 3 if there is going to be one, because I feel like geonwoo is going to let go of his “good boy” image and start piecing these people up without remorse. You could tell by the way he stopped crying so much in the end and started to steel himself.
W show! W cast! 10/10! Would recommend to EVERYONE!
You know one thing that REALLY pissed me off??? 😡It doesn't have to do with the drama itself but with Netflix.…
You must have been using the wrong subtitles. There are 2, one is “English” and the other is “English CC”. English CC is made by machine while English is made by netflix. I had mine switched on English and throughout the whole show, it translated to him saying Mom. Atleast for me it did!
changyu > the four guys that follow her around >>>>>> xie zheng.
The butcher squad is really stealing the show for me. Like yes, the romance is nice but i love the moments between the butcher squad & changyu! I’m also getting a bit of… 3rd/4th lead syndrome? lmao, i don’t know where he stands but the leader of the butcher squad (second to changyu)!!
The way you can tell he has feelings for her but has to store them away because he wishes for her to be happy more than anything. But every time he sees her with the marquis, he always gets depressed. Idk why but his character development has had me so intrigued! He went from a debt collector trying to take her house from her, to being her second in command! Ofc our CP is endgame but i lowkey would’ve been happy if she ended up with him too! He does such a great job of showing a man who yearns for a woman that is too out of reach for him!!
So it's fine when the ML does it in every other drama, but when a woman chases it's a problem? Kind of a double…
Who said it’s fine when a ML does it? I think it’s strange either way. If ANYONE rejects you outright, you should leave them alone. And that was my problem with this show. She got rejected so many times and still decided to inject herself into his life. I think it’s weird both ways. It gives obsession.
With Jin Qi, I gave him the benefit of the doubt simply because I know he wanted the FL sooo bad that he'd do anything to have her. So even though I found it gross, I was like okay maybe it was a ONE off thing. Same with Wei Shao. But then he drugged her and I just couldn't lol sorry. By your PFP i can tell you love LXY, I promise its no dig at the actor. But the writers making him drug her against her will and taking that choice away from her a SECOND time was just not for me! I get a lot of you guys love this show a lot and have your opinions but this is just mine! 1 watcher who doesn't like the show won't kill you, i promise 😭
& not in the physical way, I actually think this is the most attractive LXY role so far with his dimples and his smile. But the choices he's made has just really turned me off of this show. When he basically forced her to marry him, i was grossed out but I wanted to let the plot cook, thinking maybe he'll change and he'd never do something like that again. It was a 1 time thing because he desired her SO bad that he went to great lengths to have her. Is it still gross? YES but i wanted to see if there was some redemption there.
But then, he doubled down and decided to drug her!! And that's where he lost me, im sorry. Like I get that she eventually wanted to go to the capital anyway but... he didn't know that! My brain keeps trying to make excuses for him but girl... this is the second time he would've been taking her choice from her! What if he does it again? If he did it twice, there's more than likely a chance that he'll do something weird again and it's just not my cup of tea. Plus now im reading the comments and it sounds like the romance is STILL not moving?
Yeah, this is going into the dropped list. Love the FL though, what a strong woman! I'll probably be back to just watch the episode when they inevitably find out who she is but i'm not watching all of this, its too slow girl.
The same thing happened with Gu Lan in the beginning. Even though she’s had a redemption arc, I really liked Gu Lan at first because her & Jinzhao had really good chemistry as sisters and then as soon as she realized that Ye Xian liked her, she flipped on her and turned evil. Now the same thing is happening with QinLan and it was just disappointing to see. I guess i’m just too into the girls supporting girls trope UNLESS they are clear villains from the start.
And i know people will say “well she’s just jealous, it’s natural that she’s acting this way” but it’s confusing for me because I thought her character was all about being a girls girl. Either I was just missing all of the signs or this writer just forgot their character lol cause what’s going on with her. A man that you just met cannot make you this obsessed like WHEW girl STAND UP!
Not trying to bash the show btw, it’s been so amazing so far, literally 10/10 and one of my new fav dramas of the year! But i just needed to get that out cause wth
First, i’m 100% betting that the reason she’s considered a “Jinx” to her fathers career is because some evil step mom or sister or something framed her as a child so another child can get the spotlight. That’s a huge cdrama trope. I’d be surprised if it was ACTUALLY true that she was a jinx.
Secondly, I love FLs with a bold personality, just hoping it’s not annoying but I love this actress so i think she’ll nail this role.
Third, some of the comments have spoiled that the male lead doesn’t get a lot of screen time in the first 20 episodes… i hope they are wrong because I’m watching this for both of them.
Finally, it seems like (based on the comments) they get married in the most recent episode… so ur telling me the romance doesn’t start until there’s only 14 episodes left? So then what will the other 22 episodes even be about????
Hmm… hopefully this is good. I’ll be back when i’ve completed it! (or dropped it…)
Also, while I agree with some comments that woojin was a little sidelined and one dimensional this season, it does make sense that geonwoo was the only one who could take down Baekjong. From season 1, they explained that geonwoo was basically a monster and that his fists hit HARD. In this season, he was also THEE champion i believe, like number 1 boxer in korea. So it makes sense that he’d be able to take down Baekjong and not woojin. Woojin was also in the rookie matches with geonwoo in season 1 and he got far but he didn’t get to beat geonwoo. Woojin is AMAZING and proved that he could hold his own for a while against a monster like Baekjong. However, like gwangmu said the entire show, you can only take down a beast if you’re a beast yourself. Baekjong is a demon in the ring and so is geonwoo. The only difference between geonwoo and baekjong when it comes to fighting is that geonwoo has honor.
That’s why i’m excited for a season 3 if there is going to be one, because I feel like geonwoo is going to let go of his “good boy” image and start piecing these people up without remorse. You could tell by the way he stopped crying so much in the end and started to steel himself.
W show! W cast! 10/10! Would recommend to EVERYONE!
changyu > the four guys that follow her around >>>>>> xie zheng.
The butcher squad is really stealing the show for me. Like yes, the romance is nice but i love the moments between the butcher squad & changyu! I’m also getting a bit of… 3rd/4th lead syndrome? lmao, i don’t know where he stands but the leader of the butcher squad (second to changyu)!!
The way you can tell he has feelings for her but has to store them away because he wishes for her to be happy more than anything. But every time he sees her with the marquis, he always gets depressed. Idk why but his character development has had me so intrigued! He went from a debt collector trying to take her house from her, to being her second in command! Ofc our CP is endgame but i lowkey would’ve been happy if she ended up with him too! He does such a great job of showing a man who yearns for a woman that is too out of reach for him!!