Why did I pick up this novel before reading the synopsis and comments section of MDL?! I wasn’t even aware it had casting and is in the filming works. Now I’m bawling my eyes out 😭
It was beautifully written and epically tragic. I’m torn between liking this story and abhorring the SE!
Why did I start this cdrama now and why wasn’t there a tagline warning of maximum angst! I was NOT prepared to ugly-cry so much after only 10 episodes! 😭 This cdrama has recc’d to me so many times but I kept pushing it aside due to the age-gap irl and wasn’t impressed with half of FL’s past acting projects I’ve seen in the past. As for ML, I’ve never seen his acting projects before — only a few clips of him as a singer. Finally gave it a chance because I was in search of a mature love story and I must admit this cdrama epically hits the spot with the best casted CP ever.
Side characters have been mostly bland to me so I watch those parts with eye rolls to the supposed comic relief and repeatedly jabbing the ff button
ETA: 2nd ML are piquing my curiosity by Epi16! The OST was peak!
ETA: Completed. Rated 8.5 with possible re-watch value. The last 2 episode’s editing, FL character’s selfish behavior and open-for-interpretation ending cut down a few points for this forbidden love drama
pls check out city of romance and love in the clouds if u want to explore yu cheng en! hes really good :)
Thanks for the recc! CoR might be just what I need after finishing this novel. LITC appears too daunting with the large amount of long episodes. For some reason I have difficulty watching HMH’s features (only seen a few clips but YCE had more masculine features imo)
Started this while waiting for WAY’s upcoming ILIYT cdrama (never fully watched any of his dramas before but he cries so pretty with those eyes!) but excited for that pairing. Been familiar with a handful of WYW’s prior drama projects (abhorred her recent drama with her best friend CXX) and I knew she’d nail this spunky FL character.
Loved the chemistry with the main CP in portraying such a beautifully passionate love story of them chasing a dream in Beijing and maturing from the grungy disappointments that city lifestyle took out of them in the span of 20 years. I didn’t care for 2nd cp but their journey at the end left you wondering if you want to be a prisoner of past faults in a relationship. The 3rd cp was immensely bland but worked as catalysts of reuniting the main CP so I give them small credit there. Story was good with long pacing, could’ve been a lot more condensed but I enjoyed watching this show.
YT short brought me here and I’m a sucker for 2nd chance romances! Not familiar with any of the actors since I’m still new to cdramas but the visuals are serving. Hoping the angsty will be served well. Starting the novel now with 10 pages to see if it’ll be promising
Regrettably, I had ignored the low MDL rating and picked up this Joseon version of Dangerous Liaisons (have only seen Chinese version) with the hopes that these big-named k-actors would choose a good re-make script. Boy, was I disappointed with the theatrical nature of its storytelling and the semi-ambiguous ending.
The good plot was already pre-set about a dangerous bet, wagered between a pair of forbidden lovers and had so much potential to be better with the currently cinematography/AI technologies. Unfotunatly the execution of this kdrama migrated further than Nana’s upper lip. 👄 💉
At least her lips are dissolvable but this failed attempt of a remake will forever be permanently bloated, marked as Korea’s National Re-make Joke. Most of the actors did great but were limited to the horrible script. 7.0 rating with no re-watch value.
Not me stumbling on a YT clip of JCW looking all domineering playboy in historical garb — acting all hard manipulative towards Nana and popping over here to discover the low MDL rating? Isn’t this a Joseon version of Dangerous Liaisons, which is expectedly a mature genre? The Chinese version was worth watching btw.
Also, uri maknae SF9 Chani is supporting cast? If you all didn’t know SF9 is severely underrated as a kpop boy group, they’re my faves after BigBang and 2NE1. Without further ado. this kdrama is on my current watches
Here after TES and it was a light fun watch. Funnily enough, back then I opted to watch the drama series instead of the movie and hated the MLs and their horrible chemistry so much that I avoided this movie version — not knowing JBR was in it. The chemistry between the movie MLs is a little better but development is limited due to shorter duration. Rated 8.0 with no re-watch value.
It was nice to see JBR in long white hair and armor outfit but he’ll always look more dashing with his modern, dark, side-part haircut and runway clothes. Looking forward to seeing him take on a commanding historical general because he would fit the role.
As for the FL, she’s such a gorgeous girl with those features but I couldn’t take her cheerful clumsy girl acting seriously. Haven’t seen much of her and hoping to see more of her projects to see how she’s progressed
It’s been difficult moving on from POB but just going to have to deal with slim pickings of LYN as an actor who needs to expand from romance and bromance dramas. Police dramas are not my cup of tea but I’ll give this cdrama a chance.
Who here did not like AL, his prior modern drama? The forced ending left a bad taste in mouth, making his character and his efforts so unappealing
I think he is well-known enough and talented enough to have plenty of work coming to him. I agree that a poet-wanna…
Weird to even say it nowadays but natural noses are so refreshing when watching Asian dramas. I seriously have k-beauty fatigue because those doctored facial features are so distracting
Was busy for a little bit and now back to find there’s a sequel? I’d be happy for it if there are same casts and more focus Lumi and Will’s budding push-and-pull romance. Otherwise, I’m not sure of LN & SZT’s marriage life will be intriguing enough. It was like pulling teeth trying to read that part of the novel
Yass! I need more MLs like TES’s Luan Nian! Tempted to pic up this novel now that I’m finishing up on TES’s…
Phew, so hot, bothered and relieved to finish the hottest cdrama novel read ever! 😮💨🔥😍 It was awesome to be able to visualize the MLs to its lethal levels of spice.
Do you happen to recc any more novels that are like TMLYL?
Ok I am ready to start. However there are so many comments about the book.So should I read the book first? I don’t…
I read novel first and fell for the jerk, originally intent on seeing book-LN suffer and found his character endearing.
As for JBR, he embodied the much more pleasant show-LN with his well-acted micro-expressions (only watched U&T a long time ago) and significantly made me foam at the mouth from suppressing my desires for this emotionally-stunted character
I cannot believe this ended. I am currently watching Love at Night and slowly but surely falling in love, and…
Which “Last Night” show are you mentioning?
As for Affinity and Fascination, the former was an addicting fever dream with amazing chemistry. Somehow I accepted the wackiness of that show but the latter was dropped after 21 episodes because I couldn’t grasp the plot and was bored by the repetitiveness of a cdrama trope that I avoid the most (seen in 2nd half of show)
It was beautifully written and epically tragic. I’m torn between liking this story and abhorring the SE!
Side characters have been mostly bland to me so I watch those parts with eye rolls to the supposed comic relief and repeatedly jabbing the ff button
ETA: 2nd ML are piquing my curiosity by Epi16! The OST was peak!
ETA: Completed. Rated 8.5 with possible re-watch value. The last 2 episode’s editing, FL character’s selfish behavior and open-for-interpretation ending cut down a few points for this forbidden love drama
Loved the chemistry with the main CP in portraying such a beautifully passionate love story of them chasing a dream in Beijing and maturing from the grungy disappointments that city lifestyle took out of them in the span of 20 years. I didn’t care for 2nd cp but their journey at the end left you wondering if you want to be a prisoner of past faults in a relationship. The 3rd cp was immensely bland but worked as catalysts of reuniting the main CP so I give them small credit there. Story was good with long pacing, could’ve been a lot more condensed but I enjoyed watching this show.
Rated 10 with major re-watch value!
ETA: finally finished the novel, which took about a week, and this enduring love story was so good. Now I’m even more excited about this adaptation
The good plot was already pre-set about a dangerous bet, wagered between a pair of forbidden lovers and had so much potential to be better with the currently cinematography/AI technologies. Unfotunatly the execution of this kdrama migrated further than Nana’s upper lip. 👄 💉
At least her lips are dissolvable but this failed attempt of a remake will forever be permanently bloated, marked as Korea’s National Re-make Joke. Most of the actors did great but were limited to the horrible script. 7.0 rating with no re-watch value.
Also, uri maknae SF9 Chani is supporting cast? If you all didn’t know SF9 is severely underrated as a kpop boy group, they’re my faves after BigBang and 2NE1. Without further ado. this kdrama is on my current watches
It was nice to see JBR in long white hair and armor outfit but he’ll always look more dashing with his modern, dark, side-part haircut and runway clothes. Looking forward to seeing him take on a commanding historical general because he would fit the role.
As for the FL, she’s such a gorgeous girl with those features but I couldn’t take her cheerful clumsy girl acting seriously. Haven’t seen much of her and hoping to see more of her projects to see how she’s progressed
Who here did not like AL, his prior modern drama? The forced ending left a bad taste in mouth, making his character and his efforts so unappealing
Also please focus on Lumi and Will’s loveline. Don’t rob us of this cp again for S2 📢
I’m not understanding what an idol drama means? Doesn’t Love020 fall in that range?
Do you happen to recc any more novels that are like TMLYL?
As for JBR, he embodied the much more pleasant show-LN with his well-acted micro-expressions (only watched U&T a long time ago) and significantly made me foam at the mouth from suppressing my desires for this emotionally-stunted character
As for Affinity and Fascination, the former was an addicting fever dream with amazing chemistry. Somehow I accepted the wackiness of that show but the latter was dropped after 21 episodes because I couldn’t grasp the plot and was bored by the repetitiveness of a cdrama trope that I avoid the most (seen in 2nd half of show)