Quantcast

Details

  • Last Online: 1 hour ago
  • Gender: Female
  • Location: Portugal
  • Contribution Points: 12 LV1
  • Roles: VIP
  • Join Date: March 27, 2012
On Death's Game Part 2 • Jan 6, 2024
Title Death's Game Part 2 Spoiler
Trigger warning: suicide

Don't get me completely wrong, I enjoyed this as a fiction piece. But I think the way they portray suicide is complete bullshit and it's undoing the good job that shows like "Daily Dose of Sunshine" did regarding mental health awareness.

Suicide isn't as simple as making a conscious and rational choice it's the very real end to a very real disease, which is depression. I felt like the show takes this lightly (beautiful image about self-worth and how you matter and are unique and life is supposed to be treasured aside), putting the main character on trial for ending his life. Humans have quite a strong survival instinct built into us; bypassing that isn't easy nor do you do bypass it when your mind is sound and healthy.

Yeah that part pissed me off. You don't blame sick people for being sick or for dying because they are sick. Portraying the character as selfish and uncaring is awful.

That said, the show in itself was entertaining so I tried to not think about the fact he was being punished because he was sick.
32 13
Replying to IM YourOnlyOne • Dec 27, 2023
Title The Moon
I'm not sure if that was a serious question.
Thing is, in 1969 they didnt know about space radiation. Anyone can go to the moon with our current technology. However it's pretty dangerous, and that is why we dont do it anymore. We are stuck until we figure out how to avoid radiation.

So it wouldnt be a great feat, technologically to go to the moon, unless those going said they had a solution to space radiation.

So for now it's just the ISS I think....
0 1
Replying to IM YourOnlyOne • Dec 26, 2023
Title The Moon
I'm not sure if that was a serious question.
It was and it wasn't. I know it's a movie so ofc they want to go to the moon, but realistically going to the moon is expensive and pretty dangerous for no gain. We've done it and the cost/benefit is squarely against going again, we have probes, telescopes and the ISS to study the moon. We're currently pretty much earthbound anyway unless you can get past a bunch of stuff (a few lethal), like creating artificial gravity so we don't lose bone density or getting past space radiation which we can't (thus no going to the moon. Radiation is bad for your health). That was what I meant
0 3
Replying to Jairen • Dec 22, 2023
Yes, it is a red flag in today's modern mindset, but it wasn't always the mindset in the east. Like, yes, call…
I've always assumed harmful cultural traditions should be abolished. In my country we have a very long tradition of sticking pointy spears in bulls and after much torture kill them for people's enjoyment but we've now abolished this cultural practice because it's harmful and cruel

No shade but I don't want to understand a mindset where it's ok for anyone to hit other people family and coaches or not. And it's not a "eastern thing" it hasn't been that long ago that parents beating their children was considered a normal part of teaching your kids in the west but we've grown past that as a society because we've understood it is something that is harmful and traumatic and it doesnt really help anything or anyone
0 4
On Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo • Dec 19, 2023
Is it only a red flag to me that both the parent and the coach beat the main character with a stick not to mention force her to gain weight for their own dreams and aspirations? What the heck is this? If the main characters weren't so endearing I would have dropped it for that reason alone.
5 6
On Begins Youth • Dec 17, 2023
Title Begins Youth
I doubt this is starting in 2023 but... I'll be waiting, I want to watch BU come to life again. But it's dark so I dunno if it's for everyone tbh...
1 0
Replying to DreamyStars • Dec 17, 2023
Title My Demon
am i the only one who thinks this drama is mid at best? sure cast is super, super beautiful and good-looking and…
Nah I agree it's nothing fancy. I still gonna watch xD
3 0
Replying to Patricia • Dec 17, 2023
Title My Demon Spoiler
Really? I think I figured it out already but I may be wrong 😅
I'm pretty sure it's Seok Hoon
0 1
Replying to KinnPorsche • Dec 17, 2023
Title My Demon
I am sooo confused with who might really be the villian.One minute i think its someone other minute i feel its…
Really? I think I figured it out already but I may be wrong 😅
3 3
On Perfect Marriage Revenge • Dec 9, 2023
This is a veritable soap opera bingo. I dont think I've ever watched a korean soap opera before, they have it all, even water throwing (or tea in this case) 🤣🤣🤣🤣
7 7
Replying to Sunshine24 • Dec 9, 2023
Title Sweet Home Season 2 Spoiler
Well we never saw her body and as per the kdrama rule no body= alive. And she had symptoms too before being presumed…
That's what I think too but I dare not hope. I feel like she'd be a kick ass monster and they need strong ones to fight the neohumans from the lab
1 0
On Sweet Home • Dec 3, 2023
Title Sweet Home
Rewatching but kinda bummed out with the "those things dont die" I mean every living organism dies if you kill their heart or brain, nothing can function without those, especially brain is insta kill... so it's a bit of a stretch since these are just mutations of humans so they should still have hearts/brains. Well then again this is fiction, but suspending my disbelief a bit too much here
1 0