I'm glad to see Kang Tae Oh back in a legal profession. He went from art school to working as a legal aide, serving in the military, to managing a potato breeding farm. And now he's become a successful attorney. Good for him!
I have a solid low-key appreciation for what I call the "polemics" (shows which are entertaining but with practical education): • Private Banker (2025) on Netflix • The Honest Realtor (aka Shojiki Fudosan, 2024-2025) 3 Seasons on Prime Video
sports drama • No Side Manager (2019) on Netflix.
Fun outrageous time-travel comedy • Extremely Inappropriate! (2024) on Netflix
This year brought a compelling midlife-reunion drama • Soda Master (2026) on Netflix
You can find more on my watchlist, including period J-dramas. But the above stick in my mind with rewatch value
His hairstyle is not suiting his face structure - it makes him look, well not like him. Or maybe it's just this…
I suspect the resemblance to CCW is entirely intentional. CCW really set the bar high for production design, and imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
This is the headline by the way From Kim Soo-hyun's 'Queen of Tears' to Gong Yoo's 'Goblin'... Memorable scenes…
It was indeed reported in March 2025 that KSH's agency Gold Medalist established three separate response teams. The first was a law firm serving as the central command center, handling legal aspects. The second included a management team overseeing media and advertising and brand partnerships, and the last one is a crisis management team actively addressing the controversy.
In the mating ritual of bees, the male follows the female around - biting, slapping, and screeching until she lets him have his way with her. Nearly every time a male orangutan encounters a female, he rapes her. Among sea otters, males often grab a female's snout with their teeth or claws, and drown her while attempting to mate.
These stories, and much more, in the new book, "I'm Not So Bad," by Kim Soo Hyun 🤪
You can believe what you want, but his "innocence" was never adjudicated, and other accusations remain…
Much as with anyone else, I read, assess, digest, think & feel. I have a right to form my own opinion and I have the right to peruse as I choose, accept what I resonate with, and dismiss what I deem unworthy. I try to be aware of my biases. I agree the media is trash and the news is as full of lies as facts (maybe moreso). I try to read between the lines, so to speak. I follow my heart and intuition and my gut. If and when I ever do change my opinion of KSH I will deeply bow, be contrite, & apologize. But I won't ask for forgiveness.
You do you.
We each have the privilege to post in this forum. If you don't like that, take it up with the moderators. Or block me. Or keep replying. Suit yourself.
You can believe what you want, but his "innocence" was never adjudicated, and other accusations remain…
I am not a lawyer in the Republic of Korea or any other country. I perceive that he was certainly charged in the court of public opinion. I do not conflate the two. Someone can be found not guilty in a court of law, while still being found guilty in the court of public opinion. It happens.
I may yet become one of KSH's biggest supporters, however unlikely this may be. I empathize with the challenges he is going through and suggest more honesty & contrition (along the lines of his tearful public apology) as a recourse which is far preferable to what is being conducted by his army of power-brokers, high-paid lawyers, fixers, & public relations damage control experts.
You can believe what you want, but his "innocence" was never adjudicated, and other accusations remain…
I concede I needn't police every fan's language. But I don't consider it bullying—that's an overreach.
What was proven in court was the evidence presented by the freelance YouTube so-called "journalist" was fabricated. And he will be held to account for his perfidy. That is a separate issue from the actual truth of the situation. KSH's damage-control team would conflate the two, as would his remaining fans.
I would remind you that the courts of public opinion move faster and differently than the courts of the ROK, and they may each reach different conclusions. That is not to say that either is wrong; just different.
• Private Banker (2025) on Netflix
• The Honest Realtor (aka Shojiki Fudosan, 2024-2025) 3 Seasons on Prime Video
sports drama
• No Side Manager (2019) on Netflix.
Fun outrageous time-travel comedy
• Extremely Inappropriate! (2024) on Netflix
This year brought a compelling midlife-reunion drama
• Soda Master (2026) on Netflix
You can find more on my watchlist, including period J-dramas. But the above stick in my mind with rewatch value
These stories, and much more, in the new book, "I'm Not So Bad," by Kim Soo Hyun 🤪
You do you.
We each have the privilege to post in this forum. If you don't like that, take it up with the moderators. Or block me. Or keep replying. Suit yourself.
I may yet become one of KSH's biggest supporters, however unlikely this may be. I empathize with the challenges he is going through and suggest more honesty & contrition (along the lines of his tearful public apology) as a recourse which is far preferable to what is being conducted by his army of power-brokers, high-paid lawyers, fixers, & public relations damage control experts.
What was proven in court was the evidence presented by the freelance YouTube so-called "journalist" was fabricated. And he will be held to account for his perfidy. That is a separate issue from the actual truth of the situation. KSH's damage-control team would conflate the two, as would his remaining fans.
I would remind you that the courts of public opinion move faster and differently than the courts of the ROK, and they may each reach different conclusions. That is not to say that either is wrong; just different.