News
Replying to nineskun • Mar 27, 2021
Title Sunshine of My Life Spoiler
I honestly love mingxuan! my god, yas man, get those people back into their place!!I normally hate and just drop…
I assume he is at least 3 years older. He was married 3 years earlier, if I accurately recall the discussion with his mother in ep. 21. I’m assuming he was out of college when he got married. Mo Fei just graduated. He was already a CEO when she graduated. He’s probably 3-5 years older. They styled her to look too young.
0 12
Replying to Bowties are cool • Mar 27, 2021
Title Sunshine of My Life Spoiler
ML was so awesome today, he said everything I wanted him to say to Xueling. I don't know why people think they…
That was my favorite scene in the drama so far! Xueling forgot there is sky above a sky and she can be replaced. Her parents are just like her. She learned that manipulative move from them. That plagiarist assistant should have been fired months ago! She lacks talent.
2 1
Replying to JoJo • Mar 27, 2021
Title The Sword and the Brocade
I've lost interest in this drama. It's mainly my fault for peaking at the not yet sub episodes, reading spoilers,…
They dragged out the minutiae and will rush the ending. You pretty much know all the co-conspirators by ep. 36. The only thing left is to expose them and get some justice in the last 9 episodes. There is no anticipation for anything exciting or romantic or mysterious to come. It’s bland at this point.
2 7
Replying to ChineseDramaFan • Mar 27, 2021
Title Palace of Devotion
Be patient. We're only at Episode 18. Still a long way to go. Remember it was the emperors' job to "sleep around"…
He’s a saint compared to the emperors who had a wife for each day of the year!
2 1
On I Remember • Mar 26, 2021
Title I Remember
I liked the IT guy character played by Lee Hong Chi. He needs more main roles. The storyline was average. 8.5/10
5 0
Replying to ChineseDramaFan • Mar 26, 2021
Title Palace of Devotion
Yes, viewers should not expect a fluffy romance here. He's the Emperor and emperors were required to have multiple…
I’m good with the emperor having multiple wives. It reflects the time period, culture, and actual events. I’m not sure if the censors forced out the romantic scenes because they were not factual or if the poor editing cut out key relationship scenes to cut forty percent of the drama. The remaining scenes are not great regardless of reasons it ended like this. So I’m gonna chill and watch when I’m bored only because of the actors.
1 0
On Lee Hong Chi • Mar 26, 2021
Person Lee Hong Chi
He plays a big hearted IT nerd in I Remember with Angelababy. He was great. Memorable.
2 1
Replying to Jamila • Mar 25, 2021
Title Sunshine of My Life
Facts. Good episode and yes that man is stunning. I can't stop looking at him. I have passed up so many dramas…
I’ve seen several of his dramas and movies. He’s good in them even if they are not the greatest. Try watching Boss and Me (aka Shan Shan Comes to Eat). It’s an adorable romantic comedy.
4 2
Replying to Chinese Empress • Mar 25, 2021
Title Sunshine of My Life
only one episode today, so up to episode 17. I LOVE IT. Their chemistry is strong and Hans Zhang is stunning as…
He is overflowing with confidence from his body language to his voice. It does not feel like he’s reading a script.
3 2
On Palace of Devotion • Mar 25, 2021
Title Palace of Devotion
It’s a docudrama. They focus on historical facts rather than an entertaining drama. It’s disappointing, but, watchable if expectations are lowered especially with the butchered editing.
0 2
Replying to SUNNY • Mar 24, 2021
Title Palace of Devotion
She adopted the son of her maid, Li Wan Er! Yes, the emperor makes her a concubine and has a boy and girl with…
Back then the only place a wife can go is the cold palace to wait for death through natural causes or with poison. Plus, her entire extended family will be implicated. Her sons can forget about becoming king or holding a favored position. Her daughters could be married off to trash. It’s an honor for a woman to “receive the king’s grace” and jealousy was a sin. Tough times. I often wonder how the time travelers live past the first year!
1 0
Replying to SUNNY • Mar 24, 2021
Title Palace of Devotion Spoiler
She adopted the son of her maid, Li Wan Er! Yes, the emperor makes her a concubine and has a boy and girl with…
The other wives were not in the war zone. But, survival in the inner palace against all the schemes is a daily event. I doubt they could relax. Also, women in general had lesser roles. They were tools for the men to use. Marrying them off to form alliances were common. I don’t know how they mentally survive in a harem hoping the king notices you.
0 3
Replying to Hope • Mar 24, 2021
Title Palace of Devotion Spoiler
Question who's son did liu E adopt that made her empress later.i read it in the description.
She adopted the son of her maid, Li Wan Er! Yes, the emperor makes her a concubine and has a boy and girl with her! Unfortunately, the boy does not know his real mother was the concubine and not the empress until after the empress dies and he becomes a full ruling king. I saw this in another drama. Can’t recall the name.
1 5
On Together with Me • Mar 24, 2021
Title Together with Me
The first 7 to 8 episodes are entertaining. The end episodes are hard to watch. Too convoluted. Taking down the villain dragged out. The romance ran hot and cold so often I started not to care. Boy toys got too much air time. I skipped all the teacher - student budding romance since it got stale very quickly. 7.5/10
4 0
On The Yin Yang Master • Mar 22, 2021
Title The Yin Yang Master
This had great characters and CGI. The acting was as expected from a veteran cast. I prefer the storyline and intimacy of Dream of Eternity which felt more heartbreaking as the characters lost their lives. This movie reminded me of the Ninja Turtles antics and humor. 8/10
1 0
Replying to oli • Mar 22, 2021
Title Palace of Devotion
Ahem... are they trying to edit this like a documentary... ?
A documentary is essentially all that is left after taking out most of the touchy-feely scenes.
0 0
On Sunny • Mar 22, 2021
Title Sunny
I have watched this several times. The humor is timeless. Definitely a 9/10!
0 0
On Palace of Devotion • Mar 21, 2021
Title Palace of Devotion
I’m at episode 6 with mixed feelings. The acting is good as expected based on the experience levels of the actors. The directing, script and editing needs work. The drama is fast paced. They are putting in too many fast paced scenes and leaving out the typical transitions and slower scenes that build the characters and storyline. Traveling on the road between cities is almost nonexistent. Princes are in one muddy city. Then, miraculously they pop up in court all dust free and clean in the next scene. They have dropped or severely shorten most of the warm loving scenes between the leads. It makes no sense to skip this at the very beginning of the drama when their relationship is the backbone of the story. Slow scenes would allow viewers to see their closeness which looks forced right now. I’m still watching because it’s too early to drop it.
1 0
Replying to felnat2012 • Mar 21, 2021
Title Palace of Devotion
wow the rating is 9.3. is this really worth 9.3?? I am curious because of the rating.
Only 6 ratings. You can’t judge it by these few samples.
3 0
Replying to OneLuffy • Mar 18, 2021
Title My Heroic Husband
I completely agree with ur comment - it is exactly how I felt when watching the show. Like from episode 1 - 18…
So true. I would have seen a very funny comedy with an abrupt ending if I had stopped watching when the humor stopped.
1 1
