Zhuang Xu and Ye Rong’s conversation in Ep 11 was soooo satisfying. For once, he finally finally acknowledged the root of his troubles and yanked it up. That imaginary rivalry thingy was also so spot on that it was actually funny. But alas, it’s too late. He’d already lost the girl.
NXG really lucked out by severing ties. Because even if we say Zhuang Xu likes her, Ye Rong will always find a way to worm into their lives, be it through the brother or the mother. That’s not worth the stress girl! This is why im scared of dating a boy with a with a “girl best friend” lol—its hard to know if there’s really some one-sided love going on and you’re secretly treated as some obstacle for their friends-to-lovers trope lol.
Whoever casted Siliang was spot on! Girly really looks so angelic—perfect for Siliang character that seems like an angel, acting all refined and preachy so you really wont believe she’s someone who stabs u in the back unless you hear it yourself.
Sometimes I wonder if Ye Rong is aware of how rich NXG is because what gave her the confidence to talk to NXG as if she’s in a higher pedestal just because she’s at the Shanghai branch 😭 If anything, NXG can choose not to work and still be way richer than she’ll ever be.
It’s sad how Xi Guang can’t pick up on the hints he likes her constantly doubting herself after her previous…
I love how realistic it is. It truly takes one person to shatter your confidence and make you question your worth—and often it’s the person you hold dear in your heart 😭
(Also, it kinda didnt help that ML used to be mean-ish toward her lol)
I love your comparison of the FL and her having her own light, as the show's name is quite literally 'Shine on…
For me the title “Shine on me” feels like the ML, jumping around while waving his hand, telling the FL to give him her light instead of giving it to the 2ML lol.
I saw someone call Zhuang Xu as the next Situ Ling, but here’s the thing: Situ Ling never made FL feel small, instead he pretty much worshipped the ground she walked on. Zhuang Xu, on the other hand, seems ready to tear down FL’s confidence so she wont see him as someone way down below her league.
I understand where Zhuang Xu’s coming from. I mean, he is the eldest son who had to shoulder the responsibilities in his family since his dad is not in the picture (im just assuming since all ive seen is his mom and lil bro). The pressure to thrive and rise to the top is already hard enough, add the overbearing mom who seems to think marriage is the finish line + neighborhood girl who basically called dibs on him. He feels responsible for them, so he doesn’t dare to draw any lines. Poverty, insecurity, anxiety of the future, external pressure—and here comes a girl who is wayyy out of his league, stirring his heart and making him feel smaller and indecisive. He likes her but he doesn’t like himself at all.
It’s hard for him to accept NXG’s light, so he shuts her out, treating her coldly all while still hoping the light will still be there, waiting for him until he’s brave enough to open his windows. What he didnt expect was for the light to move on.
But even if I understand him, I still want to punch his throat. Poverty and insecurity is no excuse for his assholery, especially toward FL who just wants to share her light.
I feel really bad for NXG. She’s literally just living her life but she somehow gets blamed for things she had never done. Literally—when u do no sht but still get caught up in someone’s drama
Ye Rong was so sure of her standing in 2ML’s life as girlbestfriend/future wife that she didn’t mind perfect girl NXG confessing because she was sure she’d get rejected, thus boosting her ego?
I think i need to rewatch to understand more but i just cant stand her
I’m trying to get over this drama by reading CN web novels, and I surpisingly came across a novel that is verrry similar to Cen Jin and Li Wu’s dynamics, but with lesser age gap. I’m really surprised at the coincidence because the ML here is very Li Wu coded, just with a more tragic situation and backstory. Literally picturing ZKY as I read. I’m still on the 15th-ish chapter, so idk about the romance and how the story will by, just wanted to share here~~It’s called “He only has me and I only have him” https://allthingsflufftls.com/he-only-has-me-and-i-only-have-him/
Looks like they’re going along with the special chapter of the novel where CX was asking LW if how long she has to take the children’s seat at the back, because she wants to sit in the front. I think Li Wu said 12, and when CX argued, he called CJ for back up. They flirted so CX can only barf lol. In the end, they said an excuse about LW being afraid so CJ always has to sit right next to him. (I dont remember clearly but this is prolly the gist of it)
NXG really lucked out by severing ties. Because even if we say Zhuang Xu likes her, Ye Rong will always find a way to worm into their lives, be it through the brother or the mother. That’s not worth the stress girl! This is why im scared of dating a boy with a with a “girl best friend” lol—its hard to know if there’s really some one-sided love going on and you’re secretly treated as some obstacle for their friends-to-lovers trope lol.
(Also, it kinda didnt help that ML used to be mean-ish toward her lol)
It’s hard for him to accept NXG’s light, so he shuts her out, treating her coldly all while still hoping the light will still be there, waiting for him until he’s brave enough to open his windows. What he didnt expect was for the light to move on.
But even if I understand him, I still want to punch his throat. Poverty and insecurity is no excuse for his assholery, especially toward FL who just wants to share her light.
I think i need to rewatch to understand more but i just cant stand her