Hahaha…yeah! Zhang family and ZQL are gardeners. The whole set up is still confusing. Drama logic only use imagination…
I thought the black box in the early episode and the strange round structure behind this bronze door had a sci-fi vibe. That's why I thought about the meteorite to explain everything: it comes from space, after all.
Yeah ZQL is like the messiah. Poor guy can't catch a break.
Hahaha…yeah! Zhang family and ZQL are gardeners. The whole set up is still confusing. Drama logic only use imagination…
In this universe, can't everything be explained by the mysterious meteorite? I remember an episode of the old MacGyver show, where a scientist was studying a meteorite until there was an attack on her lab.
She and her dog ended up confined in the lab with the meteorite. Unfortunately, the properties of the meteorite made every living things in the lab die of old age within a few hours: the scientist, her dog and plants.
I guess here it's the opposite: the flowers growing there were affected by the meteorite and provided longevity to the Zhang, which were the... owners? Of the land where the meteorite crashed.
The siblings heard of the legend of those flowers. Maybe they heard about the Patriarch's mother and thought it could bring Niata back to life? Unfortunately, it's not an immortal miracle since ZQL's mother died after a few days out of the "garden", right?
Apart from that, am I the only one who thought that the brother and his soon-to-be wife were under the famous bell, the one provoking hallucinations? And someone used that bell on them to make them turn on SQL?
It's back to more or less novel story, just more characters included and this strange meat eating sphere that…
Probably the Wangs or a Wang. I just had a look at the casting and there's a Wang. There's also Wu Xie's mother and grandmother. Have they been seen in previous dramas? Or had a role to play? Usually, it's Wu Xie's uncles who appear.
He played a scary character in "The bionic life". Really intense and not likeable. He did very well. It's not an "idol" kind of drama though, more sci-fi.
So Zhang Haike and his sister had betrayed Zhang clan according to Zhang Nian and working for somebody. They killed…
Ouch, they look like the ultimate villains. Unless the drama surprises us, hinting at them being the villains, only to learn in the end that they had a good reason for what they did?
Who could they be working for, the 10th clan? the... Wang one?
Damn that drama! It managed to make me cry over the redeemed Jiuri. It made me care about him, adult him, while he had such a short time on screen.
Sigh, I still see signs that Haike is feeling guilty over lying to Wu Xie and what he is really up to. Is it me or is his sister... behaving strangely? I mean, yes, she is impulsive, bossy, disagreable, but sometimes, I could swear she is up to no good and not 100% behind her brother. The discussion about longevity and death while they were burying Jiuri Viking Style, I got the feeling that she disagreed withe her brother on a subject known to them only.
It makes me wonder if Haike wants to put an end to his longevity and it's his goal here but his sister is not fully on board.
Wu Xie is ZQL, and he fooled both Zhang Nian And Zhang JiuRi.
They sure have a secret agenda. During the interrogation scene, the vilain Zhang mocked him for being "the good guy who is lying to Wu Xie", and for which reason?
Yep, there's something else going on here. Maybe they want to restore the Zhang's grandeur and they found a way?
Wu Xie is ZQL, and he fooled both Zhang Nian And Zhang JiuRi.
Yeah, I thought of that idea for Highlander but it works here. ZQL has no family and the Zhangs can't be trusted. He will live in a very long life and see the only friends he has die.
If those friends had children, they could teach them about ZQL, that he needs their love and protection, and each generation would grow up having adventures with him, until he dies at some point.
He wouldn't be lonely and he would have a piece of Wu Xie and Fatty forever in their children, grand-children, great-granchildren...
You sound pathetic tbh, stop spreading hate on peoples pages From what I saw nothing was ever proven against him…
Yeah, no matter the connections, who they know, actors can be erased from the showbusiness industry quickly with no hope of return. China doesn't forgive. So if he was guilty of rape and murder, he would be in jail right now.
Wu Xie is ZQL, and he fooled both Zhang Nian And Zhang JiuRi.
You mean Zhang Jiu Ri died in episode 19, right? Well, considering how injured he was in episode 18, that was to be expected. But it's good to know that he died in peace. He was so tormented.
True, ZQL's life is incredibly sad and lonely. I wonder if there's a way to reverse the Zhang longevity? I mean, Wu Xie and Fatty aren't getting younger, they don't have children. If they had children, those kids could grow up considering ZQL as family, and someone to help and protect, from generation to generation. So that he always has a family if he lives for centuries.
The way it's going, once Wu Xie and Fatty are gone, ZQL won't have anyone to trust and consider as true friends.
Wu Xie is ZQL, and he fooled both Zhang Nian And Zhang JiuRi.
Yes, I so didn't expect this twist from the interrogation scene.
Apparently, the Zhangs (well, the siblings) have another goal and have been lying to Wu Xie. The Knight king is a cover. A legend. True or not, I don't know but there's something worse that they are covering and using Wu Xie. I kind of wondered about that, when the brother and Wu Xie were drinking together and he told him they were friends. He had this micro-expression that made me go "oh, oh, not good, he is feeling guilty here, something else is going on".
Episode 17 was heartbreaking. Really hearthbreaking. That massacre of people of his own clan, that Zhang Nian is pure evil. I kept hoping that this was all an illusion but it wasn't.
Then Episode 18, holy guacamole, the calling of the Zhangs, incredible moment. Then the attack on Feng and his men, those Zhangs are people to be afraid of.
Can I hope that after that episode, if Zhang Jiu Ri survives somehow, he will stop listening to Zhang Nian?
That drama keeps getting better and better. It has its own ambiance compared to the other dramas from that series. I don't know, for the others, it was mystery, fight, disgusting insects, snakes and other disgusting stuff. Here it's more... cerebral almost. It's a mystery within a mystery, with more than one story to follow, the one in the past, the one in the present, the one with the Zhangs...
And the cinematography is so beautiful, I love the landscapes, the mysteries, the flashbacks, the characters and the atmosphere of the drama.
As Zhang Hai Ke said, the Zhang’s people are all have some degree of craziness in them, maybe part of living…
Is it explained how or why they have a long life? I read that the Qi Ling is half-Zhang, and half outsider, with his mother being a... sacrifice for the God of Death?
Yes, I like this drama. I tried other from the Lost tomb series but some were really leaning gore, others were too fast. This one has beautiful cinematography, is a bit slower, so far less gore and since Zhang Qi Ling is my favorite, his past is explored.
Unless there's another twist, Zhang Nian is the real villain. With the Feng guy but Zhang Nian is really something else. He is dangerous, clever, greedy, borderline insane. God knows what he will do.
I wonder if Zhang Jiu Ri will find redemption? His parents died while he was away. It had nothing to do with Zhang Qi Ling. He never asked him to come to that tree everyday for years, to wait for him. He chose that. I think he will see the light at some point and will die saving the others. He will open his eyes that it was indirectly his fault his parents died: he was away while he could have been present.
I think subconsciously, he knows that but can't accept it. Anger and grief took over. But in the end, he might redeem himself and accept his part in his parent's death.
There's something I don't understand: in Ultimate Note, we learn that 3rd uncle was not 3rd uncle but that he had switched with a member of the Xie family. It happened while Wu Shie was a child.
But in Reunion, 3rd uncle vanished when Wu Shie was a child and was never seen again. But that contredicts Ultimate Note since 3rd uncle (or the Xie who pretended to be 3rd uncle) kind of raised Wu Shie, he was very present in his life.
Yeah ZQL is like the messiah. Poor guy can't catch a break.
She and her dog ended up confined in the lab with the meteorite. Unfortunately, the properties of the meteorite made every living things in the lab die of old age within a few hours: the scientist, her dog and plants.
I guess here it's the opposite: the flowers growing there were affected by the meteorite and provided longevity to the Zhang, which were the... owners? Of the land where the meteorite crashed.
The siblings heard of the legend of those flowers. Maybe they heard about the Patriarch's mother and thought it could bring Niata back to life? Unfortunately, it's not an immortal miracle since ZQL's mother died after a few days out of the "garden", right?
Apart from that, am I the only one who thought that the brother and his soon-to-be wife were under the famous bell, the one provoking hallucinations? And someone used that bell on them to make them turn on SQL?
Or maybe once inside, he gets locked up in an illusion where he doesn't need to eat or sleep for 10 years, some kind of semi-coma.
Who could they be working for, the 10th clan? the... Wang one?
Sigh, I still see signs that Haike is feeling guilty over lying to Wu Xie and what he is really up to. Is it me or is his sister... behaving strangely? I mean, yes, she is impulsive, bossy, disagreable, but sometimes, I could swear she is up to no good and not 100% behind her brother. The discussion about longevity and death while they were burying Jiuri Viking Style, I got the feeling that she disagreed withe her brother on a subject known to them only.
It makes me wonder if Haike wants to put an end to his longevity and it's his goal here but his sister is not fully on board.
Yep, there's something else going on here. Maybe they want to restore the Zhang's grandeur and they found a way?
If those friends had children, they could teach them about ZQL, that he needs their love and protection, and each generation would grow up having adventures with him, until he dies at some point.
He wouldn't be lonely and he would have a piece of Wu Xie and Fatty forever in their children, grand-children, great-granchildren...
True, ZQL's life is incredibly sad and lonely. I wonder if there's a way to reverse the Zhang longevity? I mean, Wu Xie and Fatty aren't getting younger, they don't have children. If they had children, those kids could grow up considering ZQL as family, and someone to help and protect, from generation to generation. So that he always has a family if he lives for centuries.
The way it's going, once Wu Xie and Fatty are gone, ZQL won't have anyone to trust and consider as true friends.
Apparently, the Zhangs (well, the siblings) have another goal and have been lying to Wu Xie. The Knight king is a cover. A legend. True or not, I don't know but there's something worse that they are covering and using Wu Xie. I kind of wondered about that, when the brother and Wu Xie were drinking together and he told him they were friends. He had this micro-expression that made me go "oh, oh, not good, he is feeling guilty here, something else is going on".
Episode 17 was heartbreaking. Really hearthbreaking. That massacre of people of his own clan, that Zhang Nian is pure evil. I kept hoping that this was all an illusion but it wasn't.
Then Episode 18, holy guacamole, the calling of the Zhangs, incredible moment. Then the attack on Feng and his men, those Zhangs are people to be afraid of.
Can I hope that after that episode, if Zhang Jiu Ri survives somehow, he will stop listening to Zhang Nian?
That drama keeps getting better and better. It has its own ambiance compared to the other dramas from that series. I don't know, for the others, it was mystery, fight, disgusting insects, snakes and other disgusting stuff. Here it's more... cerebral almost. It's a mystery within a mystery, with more than one story to follow, the one in the past, the one in the present, the one with the Zhangs...
And the cinematography is so beautiful, I love the landscapes, the mysteries, the flashbacks, the characters and the atmosphere of the drama.
I wonder if Zhang Jiu Ri will find redemption? His parents died while he was away. It had nothing to do with Zhang Qi Ling. He never asked him to come to that tree everyday for years, to wait for him. He chose that. I think he will see the light at some point and will die saving the others. He will open his eyes that it was indirectly his fault his parents died: he was away while he could have been present.
I think subconsciously, he knows that but can't accept it. Anger and grief took over. But in the end, he might redeem himself and accept his part in his parent's death.
But in Reunion, 3rd uncle vanished when Wu Shie was a child and was never seen again. But that contredicts Ultimate Note since 3rd uncle (or the Xie who pretended to be 3rd uncle) kind of raised Wu Shie, he was very present in his life.
Can someone explain that to me?