News
On Weaving a Tale of Love • Feb 23, 2021
Title Weaving a Tale of Love
I'm loving this drama. I wouldn't call this a critics darling but it certainly got the ratings where it matters. Sometimes you just have to enjoy a show instead of judging it like some film fest entry. If you like makjang dramas then this absolutely hits the spot.
2 0
Replying to Ua Her Lugo • Feb 23, 2021
Title Weaving a Tale of Love
Save yourself some time and don’t watch this drama. All I have to say is the acting is bad and the storyline…
Oh please I've seen much worse acting and boring storyline in higher rated dramas. It's a frustrating drama I would agree but its certainly not uninteresting. I've managed to binge episodes of this and looking at the reception in China it looks like a lot of people are also hook.
0 0
On Weaving a Tale of Love • Feb 23, 2021
Title Weaving a Tale of Love
The only character development I saw from FL is seeing her go from a naive and gullible girl to going batshit because of some needle.
2 1
On Weaving a Tale of Love • Feb 19, 2021
Title Weaving a Tale of Love
Low-key wanting more CP and FL moments. I like their chemistry better than with ML.
0 1
Replying to 7819385 • Feb 19, 2021
Title Weaving a Tale of Love
Is Nazha's acting watchable here? Just asking, hoping she has improved
It's fine. I would say this is average. It's pretty much your typical female lead in Chinese dramas. I've seen worse. The good news is she is not kicking and screaming all the time like 75% of FL's. Plus she is also very pretty so there'that.
1 0
On Douluo Continent • Feb 14, 2021
Title Douluo Continent
I haven't read the novel but if it's anything like Fights Break Sphere then 40 episodes isn't enough for entire book unless they butcher the story. There should be at least season 2. I just hope it films right after this is done. I'm still waiting for Fights Break Sphere S2 after 2 years. For people who haven't watch that. Watch it because it's so similar to this plus Xiao Zhan was so handsome in that drama.
2 2
On Douluo Continent • Feb 10, 2021
Title Douluo Continent
Goodness FL look like she's a disciple of Tang Yan's school of acting. She must have learned her skills watching Perfect Couple.
1 2
On Who Rules the World • Jan 16, 2021
Title Who Rules the World
Would have love to see Janice Wu in this role. I think she and Yang Yang would make a good couple. I kinda chuckled a bit when I saw they were going to appear in a drama together but no romantic loveline. YY and WYS look divine and the story is interesting. Sadly I don't have any inclination to watch another ZLS lead drama.
0 3
On The Rebel Princess • Jan 13, 2021
Title The Rebel Princess
I've watched The Road Home several times already and her face there was so fresh, youthful and exuberant. That face of hers has been stuck in my memory ever since. I have not watched any of her recent works so I was kinda surprise seeing her profile face in MDL and the trailer. Her face has matured a lot, not that that's bad since it natural for people to age. I just don't think she still has the youthfulness to carry the role of a teenage girl. She definitely looks her age unlike say Joe Chen who was also born in the same year, Liu Yifei who can still pass off as a teen or Ariel Lin who does not look a day older when I saw her in TKA and then seeing her more than 10 years later in I Will Never Let You Go.
1 2
Replying to 7436814 • Jan 13, 2021
Title Love between Fairy and Devil
OMG! Like Zhao Lusi, Esther is another actress who is extremely good at bubbly role. No doubt about her acting.
I don't see Esther screaming or running wild all over the place in her dramas that much. I think your downplaying her ability.
0 2
On You Are My Youth • Jan 13, 2021
Title You Are My Youth
Don't see the age gap because Dylan looks his age but Tan Songyun still looks she's still in her early 20's.
25 4
On Tears in Heaven • Jan 13, 2021
Title Tears in Heaven
This one will look dated by the time it airs. What's the holdup with this drama. I don't know any scandal from the leads nor sensitive subjects in this drama for this to be in limbo for so long.
3 1
On The World of Fantasy • Jan 12, 2021
Title The World of Fantasy
Much better than what I expected. You know sometimes it's much better to have lowered expectations than being all hyped up and be disappointed afterwards *cough* Legend of Fei * cough*. I enjoyed the few episodes I've watched so far. Fan Cheng Cheng is doing well in his first lead role. FBB can breath a sigh of relief.
13 0
On Peng Xiao Ran • Jan 8, 2021
Person Peng Xiao Ran
Nice to see she'll appear in a ton of dramas starting this year. Her schedule really filled up. I was hoping they'd release My Talent Neighbor last year coz it might get drowned out by her other high budget dramas. The release schedule of 8 dramas is going to take at least 3 years.
12 1
On Irreplaceable Love • Jan 5, 2021
Title Irreplaceable Love
This tows the line between what's trash and barely watchable. The score is spot on.
2 0
Replying to mpruel • Jan 4, 2021
Title Gank Your Heart
Is it better than go go squid?
Much better than Go Go Squid at least for me. I'm pretty well versed in computers but GGS concept of turning cyber security into esports was the writers trying to act smart. A lot of concepts there went over my head. It's original but I highly doubt this esport exist in real life. GYH though revolves around MOBA which is possibly the biggest genre in esports. The ML here is also one of the best there is. He is smart, loyal and sacrificing. I think his only flaw was judging FL because she was beautiful.
3 0
On Ban Ri Cang Sang Ban Ri Mei Ren • Jan 2, 2021
Title Ban Ri Cang Sang Ban Ri Mei Ren
PXR and Ren Jia Lun! I was actually thinking PXR would make a great pairing with Ren Jia Lun while watching Under The Power. Here's hoping this happens.
0 0
On Weaving a Tale of Love • Dec 31, 2020
Title Weaving a Tale of Love
Great to see Gulinazha in costume again. A lot of people really have a problem with her acting. I would say it's just a bit below average in China. The best thing about her is she's got a truly beautiful face unlike 80% of Chinese FL's. I'm a sucker for good productions and good looking leads plus Timmy looks amazing in his first costume drama.
4 0
On Ultimate Note • Dec 30, 2020
Title Ultimate Note
I love Joseph Zeng performance as Wu Xie. An uncanny similarity to Neo Hou's in the same role.
4 1
On Rebirth for You • Dec 30, 2020
Title Rebirth for You
I'm really impress by Joseph Zeng's acting in Ultimate Note. A talented and versatile actor. His interpretation of Wu Xie is spot on. Honestly I'm not a fan of Ju Jing Yi but somehow I've managed to finish her 2 dramas this year and it looks like I will also be following her works next year.
9 2
