Quantcast

Details

  • Last Online: 2 days ago
  • Location:
  • Contribution Points: 0 LV0
  • Roles:
  • Join Date: August 13, 2020
Replying to Geet • Dec 4, 2025
Title Dear X
I can't find one sane person in this drama
that is the point lol
5 1
Replying to Meiren • Dec 3, 2025
Can't decide if I should watch this drama. Is it worth it?
it is a very very just okay type of watch. Doesn't rouse any feelings or interest in the audience. It feels like a good mixture of good cinimatography, pretty leads, but blah storyline lol
2 0
On Deep Affection Eyes • Dec 3, 2025
Chinese dramas can be so blah and lacking sometimes. Not always but sometimes and this is one such instance! like 10 episodes in and still I don't know and I don't care, and I do not care enough to know and i still do not get where they are heading, cos it is taking forever to head anywhere! There was no central conflict that was strong enough from the start to keep you going. Like it is just so blaze and empty feeling you may as well not be watching anything and feel the same. The kisses are good but not enough to save the blahness of it all. There was literally one funny part (for me) and that was it lol. I thought cdramas had begun to overcome this issue of lacking something crucial but alas. The characters (FLs especially) also always have a type of non-dynamic way of being and as a result they are sort of one way, one look, one face, one emotion, one vibe way of acting. Not up for a rewatch though it is all modern and chique. I managed love ambition but that was saved by the fact that Zhao Lusi ate. She played a more dynamic character than usual. It also had a central and clear moral conflict that we had to watch the FL work through episode by episode. It reminded me of the best albeit old family kdrama Seoyoung my daughter where she lies to get married and then has to go through the process of losing it all and finding redemption. From the start we can see the trouble in the horizon and are just waiting to see it all crash. This one just had a pile of characters nobody cares about and even the FL and ML are not intriguing enough for the audience to be truly invested or really interested in their plight. It lacks in essence which kdramas tend to get right from episode 1. Dramas are never about about cinematography, wardrobe, beautiful faces but first and foremost is about the drama and essence captured through already excellent story telling. The other things then complement it. I have a whole rant for jdramas too but let's leave it here lol

I wonder if I am the only one that has noticed this issue. I just had to rant at this point.
3 0
Replying to TahmidShahriarKabir • Nov 28, 2025
what??? !!! other than her beauty what is in their in her acting.
check out two of her shows and decide. something like clean with passion for now and then compare the acting there to Dear X. This young lady has more acting chops and years of experience behind her belt than even some older actors. Don't undermine all those years.
5 1
Replying to SongKangDeek • Nov 28, 2025
Exactly bro. They are earning millions fo dollars yet their obsessed fans will be like she’s so poor thing,…
the only 'negative' comment i have read that makes perfect sense and you are objectively right lol. We just love her acting so we are biased. People are interested in her thoughts so a reporter asked her for her thoughts and wrote this article. All part of the job. You don't have to read it like I didn't have to but chose to cos Dear X is just so fascinating a piece for me. Nothing deep about it all.
4 0
Replying to TahmidShahriarKabir • Nov 28, 2025
I haven't seen any overrated actress than her... I mean what is in there in her acting.. No matter what role she…
lol. i thought the same as the comment below after reading this spiel. Tell me you haven't seen her acting from when she was a child to adult without saying it. This young lady has more acting experience in years under her belt and acting chops than even some older actors. Growing from a baby to an adult in the eye of the world is no small feat either. She rarely plays a villain. Going from mostly playing protagonist FL to then playing a cold and nasty character and anti-villain (which is harder than just being a villain) is actually art. Check out her drama 'clean with passion for now' which is comedy or the moonlight one with Park Bo Gam and compare it to Dear X and then write another review about her objectively. Also, it is not her fault that she is art to look at either. If she was ugly people will complain she is ugly. If she is pretty, people are still ill at ease lol. To each their own standard i guess.
13 1
Replying to Tia22 • Nov 26, 2025
Title Dear X
I said I will watch episode 1 then watched 1-4, clicked next and realised there was no more. The misery i felt…
That is how it be! Kim You Jung and Kim Young Dae ( just noticed that the cast has so many Kims lol) are too good for this to not be good. I am not going to deceive myself again saying I will just watch one episode. I know full well that with all the cliffhanger endings i will be clicking next till I can click no more.

Went to count. A record breaking 13 Kims in this cast!!! I wonder if any of them are related.
1 0
Replying to Tia22 • Nov 26, 2025
Title Dear X Spoiler
yes. It is a type of genre where the main lead is pretty much the villain. The point of view is really not for…
Oh I see what you mean. I know that this is adapted from a manhwa. I do not know how it ends but I read somewhere that it all just comes crashing down as we expect. I guess it is something like the show Anna with Bae Suzy. It perhaps offers a life lesson on greed and how it all amounts to nothing as it was built on the tears and misery of others. I also like the fact that she does all this scheming and manipulating and still finds no joy in life. It is poetic lol. That is my approach to viewing this. I take her misery as a life lesson and observe all those that fell for her scheme and try to decode why they did. But agian...this is not for everyone. I enjoy antivillain things. E.g. one of my all time favourite anime is Code Geass where the main lead is pretty much the villain of that universe if you were in the universe. I rewatched it recently and realised that if I was in my right mind, and if the story was not being told from Lelouch's perspective the 'antagonist' would actually be the standard main character that is just and kind 😂...i guess I am twisted like that and enjoy these shows when done brilliantly like this.

What are your top 3-5 shows? I may understand your taste more.
2 0
Replying to Tia22 • Nov 25, 2025
Title Dear X
I said I will watch episode 1 then watched 1-4, clicked next and realised there was no more. The misery i felt…
don't tempt me. it is already very hard to manage. I regret even starting. It just lives rent free in my head now 😭😭
1 1
Replying to vasolina • Nov 25, 2025
Title Dear X
Umm I just watched ep1 and feeling kinda sick to my stomach with all these evil school kids situations. Is the…
yes. It is a type of genre where the main lead is pretty much the villain. The point of view is really not for everyone but these leads do an excellent job!!!! They ate and left no crumbs with these characters.
8 2
Replying to best inheaven • Nov 25, 2025
Title Dear X
Just finished ep 8 what a episode it was can't wait for next one what a fabulous drama it is !!!
I said I will watch episode 1 then watched 1-4, clicked next and realised there was no more. The misery i felt has made me realise it is better to wait till it ends lol. I am like someone that has been burnt once and now shy. I envy that you have watched till episode 8 but I shall wait till 4th of December 😭
3 5
Replying to Nam Joo Mine • Nov 22, 2025
Can they change the green coat maybe she will be less annoying, and why is she wearing the same coat
She got the coat when she was most happy and tried hard to keep seeming like her past selt. That is why it was such an eyesore.
0 0
Replying to Nam Joo Mine • Nov 22, 2025
Misery loves company indeed
should be the title of the show lol. My goodness everyone was different levels of miserable. All caused by themselves.
0 0
Replying to AskMe • Nov 8, 2025
Title Dear X Spoiler
I don’t care what happened to bad ppl but the moment she used innocent person to serve jail time instead of…
You are exactly right. If she stopped at just dishing back what people deserved I would say oh well they deserved it. However, the innocent shop owner really was just a good guy and she intentionally approached him for his goodness and ruined his promising future to get her own promising future.
10 0
On Dear X • Nov 8, 2025
Title Dear X Spoiler
If FL she dies at the end, I won't be shocked or too sad 😂. I literally counted how many people she burnt badly in just the span of 4 episodes and it was 8! her dying mom, the cheating female teacher, the mean classmate, the ML, his mom, the SML in jail, her dad, the baseball player in jail! I get that some of them deserved bad things but 8 bad things in such a short time really shows how statistically disastrous such personality types can be. She just leaves carnage in her wake! Such excellent acting. If you don't pause and consider the wreckage, you just get sucked in justifying her actions for her lol... may such personality types never find me in Jesus name! Very scary actually. They are so depressive and strange they can't even see others pain at all.
10 2
Replying to Tia22 • Nov 8, 2025
Title Dear X Spoiler
She is completely crazy. Her whole world revolves around her. She is staying very true to the sociopathy and showing…
i thought the same. If she dies at the end, I won't be shocked or too sad 😂. I literally counted how many people she burnt badly in just the span of 4 episodes and it was 8! her dying mom, the cheating female teacher, the mean classmate, the ML, his mom, the SML in jail, her dad, the baseball player in jail! I get that some of them deserved bad things but 8 bad things in such a short time really shows how statistically disastrous such personality types can be. She just leaves carnage in her wake! Such excellent acting. If you don't pause and consider the wreckage, you just get sucked in justifying her actions for her lol... may such personality types never find me in Jesus name! Very scary actually. They are so depressive and strange they can't even see others pain at all.
2 0
Replying to Pmod718 • Nov 7, 2025
Title Dear X Spoiler
Episode three really raised my blood pressure and four sent it through the roof. Way to throw those that supported…
She is completely crazy. Her whole world revolves around her. She is staying very true to the sociopathy and showing serious narcissistic tendencies. Hurt people truly do hurt people. All her 'role' models are actually psycho and her actual parents were both actual psychos. The odds of her turning into any form of a kind soul is zero to none lol
6 2
On Dear X • Nov 7, 2025
Title Dear X
Excellent first 4 episodes. Epic! brilliant acting from the cast. I adore both leads so having them act together is just pure genius. I am loving basically every part of this. My only regret is starting this before it ends. It is too miserable to wait. I tell myself time and time again not to do it but this one was way too tempting. Excellent first episode, excellent build up. Can't wait.
7 0
Replying to Nope Not Here • Oct 19, 2025
Title Queen Mantis
Christian churches are some of the richest companies in the world, yet its followers are the most entitled and…
Honestly, this is actually my first time making a religious themed rant and it really is due to the oppressive reality many Christians in Islamic and Atheistic environments are faced with today. Christians are quite literally being killed by Islamists in Nigeria and other parts of the world with real innocent churches getting burned and families destroyed as I write (this is not a past tense event). As a result, the coincidence of then trying to relax and watch a new thriller kdrama just to then see a cross set on fire is basically feeding PTSD coincidental or not. I sense and understand that you may be apathetic about Christian plight whether seen inside or outside fiction and consider my rhetoric as simply being 'overly sensitive'. Afterall, we all take different kinds of things as big or small deals based on our various backgrounds and value systems. Some things you may take very seriously I may consider as being 'overly sensitive' as well lol.
Nevertheless, I do believe that there is objective truth (but that's a discussion for a different time).

It sure has been quite fun discussing with you (haven't gotten these many notifications on here before lol.) We definitely disagree but I did get to see your point a bit at the end. Have a blessed day.
1 1
Replying to Nope Not Here • Oct 18, 2025
Title Queen Mantis
Christian churches are some of the richest companies in the world, yet its followers are the most entitled and…
Tbh I kind of get what you mean now. I see your point.
I also say the same thing to Muslims who pull up 'Islamophobia' at the drop of a hat when you merely disagree with them on a basic point.

Here is the difference though. If I said it was Christianophobic for them to burn the pastor and his barn then I would be doing the same thing. Rather my only issue is with burning a cross at all. It is a condemnation of an entire faith which is irresponsible.

I believe it takes basic critical thinking skills to differentiate a faith and its teachings from its followers.

I guess a simple example is when many Muslims try to explain that Jihadists and Islamists are not true representatives of Islam.

The pastor is not a representation of the Bible, Jesus' teachings, nor what the cross symbolises.
Does the point come across better now? ...

but if you refuse to get it, I honestly won't blame you. I also find the 'Islamists are not real Muslims' argument a little bit hard to grasp. Even at that, I won't be found burning a mosque in a movie I make. These are two separate things.
1 3