Quantcast

Details

  • Last Online: 2 days ago
  • Location:
  • Contribution Points: 0 LV0
  • Roles:
  • Join Date: August 13, 2020
Replying to Nope Not Here • Oct 18, 2025
Title Queen Mantis
Christian churches are some of the richest companies in the world, yet its followers are the most entitled and…
The intention is not at all to victimise myself. It is a call to reality check on the current state of the world and its rather misaligned religious sensitivities.

One last time, the pedophilic priest is 100% wrong, burning him and his barn is totally fine by me. I was just as disgusted.

Burning a Cross in any situation fiction or not is not correct.

I bet you haven't seen many shows where they burnt up a quran or mosque or temple because the followers of the faith were pedophiles.
1 5
Replying to Nope Not Here • Oct 17, 2025
Title Queen Mantis
Christian churches are some of the richest companies in the world, yet its followers are the most entitled and…
Same here to your diversions. I find it funny as well ngl. thank you.
0 7
Replying to Nope Not Here • Oct 17, 2025
Title Queen Mantis
Christian churches are some of the richest companies in the world, yet its followers are the most entitled and…
That is a red herring to the point being made here.

Nevertheless, Christian persecution death numbers are upwards of 70 million martyrs since its inception. Other religions experience persecution but whether by number or percentage do not even come close in matyr numbers. Not sure what is so funny about such large number to deaths just because they believe in Jesus. Ideologies like depicted in this show or comments like yours downplaying people speaking up is what continues to be the real death of Christians. I brought this up because the real death of Nigerian Christians with Churches burnt and lives destroyed in real life as I write this post really just made the entire scene put at the end there much more ridiculous to watch.

If you disagree with the actual point being made and are not just someone who dislikes Christians or undermines their entire realities, do comment on what exactly I said about the movie's final depiction that you disagree with. As I said, shows dare not burn a mosque or temple in their shows. It is a double standard.

I retain that the pastor in this show was 100% wrong and should suffer severely, be mocked or whatever else. However, the Jesus he attempted to follow, the Bible that Christians and non-Christians alike read, and the Cross the entire faith loves has never been wrong and should thus not be set on fire fiction or not.
1 9
Replying to LGiam • Oct 15, 2025
Title Dear X
i'm sure there won't be..
fingers crossed. I adore these two too much. Can't wait - in my plan to watch list now.
1 0
Replying to kretuzerwilhelmxiii • Oct 15, 2025
Title Queen Mantis
You know, you have a point, lets see if they can make a series where they set mosque on fire.
Haha. You are so right. Let's see who tries. I can imagine all kinds of craziness erupting and the director and cast making grand apologies to ensure the entire show isn't withdrawn 😂. People only pull out the 'it is fiction' line when it is a church getting burnt because they know Christians are taught to be kind and quickly forgiving.
3 0
Replying to lemonade • Oct 14, 2025
Title Queen Mantis
acting like pastors don't do shit like that irl lmao
If you noticed, I am not at all vouching for the pastor. I myself have seen some terrible so called pastors. Getting vengeance on the pastor in this fictional case can be justified. What I am pointing out is the act of burning a Cross which is symbolic to a faith whether in or outside fiction.

It takes basic critical thinking to note that the behaviour of a so called follower of a faith and the actual teachings of that faith may not match for good or for bad.

The ideology is what is dangerous. Jesus never taught anything whatsoever that would support the pastors actions. It is the opposite. One of the greatest warnings Jesus ever gave his followers was about never hurting children (Matt 18:6).

What this show tries to do is to 'toss the baby out with the bath water'. By all means toss the 'pastor' off the roof that's fine but do not toss the Bible, the Church (that has healed many and brought most of modern civilisation and ethics), or the cross that symbolises the faith of billions off the roof and set it ablaze fiction or not. There is a reason majority of shows whether dark fiction or not do not ever do such. They understand responsibility.

The pastor is wrong but the Jesus he attempted to follow was never ever wrong.
4 0
On The Scent of Hers • Oct 12, 2025
Title The Scent of Hers Spoiler
This was very well done. I enjoyed watching it and figuring it out. The ML was super gorgeous, lanky and all but was a proper sociopath. Dude had some serious mental issues. He was so good at pretending to be sweet and loving and all but alas he had at least 10 screws super loose in his head. Dude was severely crazy lol. the moment the Mek guy died, it all clicked in lol. I just started watching the rest of the show with the sidest of eyes cos the ML as innocent and lovely as he seemed started smelling of fish and like a pst friend of mine always said, if you smell fish, there is fish somewhere lol. Dude as the actual crazy person he was became really off putting and super cringe which means he played the role well. It also breaks down any form of romanticising crazy people. Which i think they did very well. There was absolutely nothing cute about him once his mask was revealed. Dear Jesus may such love never ever find me or anyone I love and know. Amen. Dude was not just a regular wolf in sheep's clothing he was a vile and wild animal in the cutest lamb clothing you will ever see. He initially played the role of tortured side chick very well too lol...but alas.
0 0
Replying to Addicted • Oct 12, 2025
Title Queen Mantis
yea. calm down. it's called "fiction" for a reason. you obviously and readily understand the twist to…
Christianophobia and passing the wrong message through 'fiction' is certainly the issue here. I am just sick of it. We all know that fiction has an impact on real life impressions. The show could be impactful without setting any crosses or churches on fire. The genocide of Christians happening in Northern Nigeria has actual Churches and crosses and Christians being persecuted and set on fire. When we go to kdrama to enjoy a show, we do not need any extra PTSD and nonsensical reinforcement now do we?
I have watched lots of kdramas and do not remember seeing anyone burning a quran, burning up a temple or a mosques in 'fiction'. Just because it is getting normalised does not mean it isn't incorrect. Let's call a spade a spade here.
2 1
On Dear X • Oct 10, 2025
Title Dear X
Wow the Cast is casting!!!! I love Kim Young Dae and Kim You Jung. Hopefully no blasphemy in this one. Shows are going crazy adding in all kinds of unnecessary extra political and anti-religious ideologies that just derail the show for me. Not sure why this is happening more and more in new shows.
6 2
On Queen Mantis • Oct 10, 2025
Title Queen Mantis
Moving forward, I have decided that I will be quite harsh on any show that chooses to blaspheme the things of God starting from this one. I understand that evil breeds evil and that the FL was raised in unfortunate circumstances. However, this horrible person that caused much evil to unfold and Christianity as a faith are mutually exclusive even if the man turned into a so called pastor who was probably still abusing kids. The devil in this show tries to portray the Church as the problem and actually set a church on fire with the cross and all. Such an offensive imagery in that last episode. Christianophobia is too normalised these days. Jesus and the Bible has never supported sin of any kind. Daring to then set the 'church' on fire is straight from the devil. The devil that created all the evils in the show is the one to burn.
We need to be careful that we are not being force fed Christrianophobic ideologies. Just because Christians are to be loving and kind does not mean shows can just take liberties like this. They don't try this nonsense with other religions. They can't have such a scene with a mosque or a temple burning because the imam or temple priest was a pedo. People would tend to put the two things as mutually exclusive but then have a double standard with Christianity.
We may like revenge shows but it is not true that vengeance brings real peace. Shows that depict the true damage that revenge brings are being more true and honest as they have to do terrible inhumane things to match the inhumane level of the perpetrators. At the end of the day, everyone was inhumane and far from any form of agape or divine love or healing.
Drama consumers that are Christian, let's wake up.
I know it is a show but everything was all fine till they decided to put in such an offensive scene. If you are Christian and you love Jesus and the beloved cross that symbolizes our salvation, don't watch it. It isn't interesting enough to risk getting super angry at the final scenes or just skip the last part lol
5 20
On Threads of Destiny • Sep 26, 2025
First time ever I loved the fashion and wardrobe so much I wish I could order a piece for myself. It is a unique and very elegant rendition rarely seen in Chinese historicals. Excellent show as well. This was really done very well.
2 0
Replying to Praise • Aug 29, 2025
Thought the same but can’t even finish it
glad i am not alone. Some comments make me feel like I watched a different show. I even went to pick it back up. Should have left it in the dropped pile afterall.
1 0
On A Bird That Doesn't Sing • Aug 25, 2025
daily drama of 100 or so episodes with 1 reigning villain and source of all misery is the worst thing i guess. The antagonist FL was the center of all attentions as she was just so horrid to everyone. She did every terrible thing possible. There was nothing likeable about her from start to finish. The ML and FL took forever and a few episodes to get together. Even then they only met up to talk about the cases and to dig up information which isn't that much fun. The step sister that turned bad and desperate was cliche and irritating. The romance was lacking severely in the overall show. Not sure what chemistry they were talking about. The presence of such an evil woman in everyone's life dimmed even the romance potential.
1 1
On Derailment • Aug 24, 2025
Title Derailment
This show was confusing from start to finish. They tried to have many things happening all at once but it wasn't as interesting. First to last episode was generally confusing or felt somewhat disjointed. It is like they act cool scenes out and just sort of fit them together like jigsaw. Also, no kisses but even at that I have seen many great shows with excellent romance even if there was no skinship per se. Worse off for me is that I didn't really find the 'toxic' male lead being referred to. I watched it because I heard ML was toxic but he wasn't all that toxic in reference to the storyline albeit being up and down a bit. Not due for any rewatch for sure. The only good thing about this were the visuals. It did feel futuristic especially the first episode.
0 0
ali • Aug 21, 2025
My vote is based on if I have seen the same actress in contrasting roles and enjoyed it. Im Ji Yeon for instance shocked me as the villain in The Glory when I had only ever seen her is bright and lovely character roles. Park Eun Bin, Kim Da Mi for instance have played completely different roles. Kim Da Mi in The Witch part 1 the Subservient is like a different person from the one in the romantic melo our beloved summer. Han So Hee for instance in My Name versus being the home wrecker in world of the married....like!...Kim Tae Ri in all her shades...these and all these actresses really are legends. They were born to act. I appreciate and applaud them.
0 0
On Queen of Tears • Aug 20, 2025
I love the SML in whatever he plays and he played bad lover guy very well. Despite how excellent he truly is, interestingly I can say that he didn't quite manage the nuance of being both loving and bad and simply fits more into being mostly corrupt and terrible mannered in a fine suit type character e.g psychopath dairy or his role in the Glory lol. I can see him improving in this nuanced regard of blending good and bad...however, I can't see him take up many ML lover boy role anytime soon. Maybe love wise, Obsessive, strange , psychotic, crazy just works....But ngl whatever he plays i watch and enjoy 😂😂
3 0
On The Rise of Phoenixes • Aug 7, 2025
I tried a second time to pick this up and managed to scrape through by skipping episodes. This one is truly a bore. The politics is excessive, the leads chemistry is really nothing to write home about, the whispering style acting is off puting. The story is convoluted. The pacing is sluggish, the OST is not much to write home about. Most episodes feel slow and like nails scratching on a board. Bro rewatch value is next to 0 for this one. Sorry guys....One good thing though, I found the leads oddly beautiful to look at.
5 4
On Heart of Stone • Jul 29, 2025
Naaaa...they over PGfied this one. It doesn't do any form of justice to the excellence of the latest Thai hua jai sila. The intensity, the craziness, the odd possessiveness, aggression, vengefulness...the entire thing. The complete ridiculousness of the villain and her son...this doesn't hold a candle. Sorry.
2 0