In the Webtoon she basically rapes Jun Seo to get a child to pretend it is her husbands (glad the show takes that…
I legit can't remember her having any becoming human segment in the manhwa (i did rush through it though so may have missed that). She seemed a bit worse in the manhwa to me lol. She pretty much r*pes Jun Seo for child fraud. to pretend the child is her husband's child. The director for the kdrama spares us some of these rather troubling details 😂
Taxi driver is always a fun ride! Loved this season just as much! Lee Je Hoon is The glue, the guy, the genius, The all rounder! He truly is excellent. I can't imagine anyone even with similar set of skills play this role well enough. Action, nuance, emotion, caricature, serious, skillful, multilingual, driving, playing totally different characters to scam others while still remaining Kim Do Gi that the audience knows is within....Honestly genius. I was impressed with Kim You Jung's performance in Dear X set up. I am almost doubly impressed by Lee Je Joon in Taxi Driver setting.
Weak ending for this season. Overall weak compared to previous seasons. So now taxi driver is going to be like…
The format genuinely works out of all kdramas. It is very interesting, the crew is kept the same, and the cases are well put together and realistic enough. They do not rush through each arc neither are the arcs too slow paced. If any show should have an American show run, I believe Taxi driver can and should. However, they should space it out like 3 years later before TD4.
In the Webtoon she basically rapes Jun Seo to get a child to pretend it is her husbands (glad the show takes that…
True. Jae O was like a glue keeping sanity somehow together and Jun Seo is the weird toxic fixture for Ah Jin. Any new characters may not be able to achieve this. The only good thing for season 2 would be that we likely get to see the vengeance against her husband. Still, he is just a psycho. He actually isn't that interesting. He is Ah Jin's deserved karma.
In the Webtoon she basically rapes Jun Seo to get a child to pretend it is her husbands (glad the show takes that…
I 100% agree lol.. She should have died. I was so ready for her to just let the world rest from the horror that is her. However, if you survived such an orchestrated murder attempt totally fine, by the person apparently closest to you, you would likely find it funny too like she did laughing her head off at the end lol. Jun Seo literally set out to kill her. He tried to play God. If there is another season, I would watch it just to see how she dies but she didn't die in the Manhwa either 😂 the girl is a problem even to death.
That is the point. He enabled her but could not help or save her. She is impossible to save as are most unrepentant…
I honestly thought so at some point. I was like this one cannot be saved by any normal person at all. Someone did give her a therapists number at the start which she went to give to her dead mom at the colambarium 😂😂😂 She is a menace lol
Are there anyone who knows webtoon ending???Can you explain???
In the Webtoon she basically rapes Jun Seo to get a child to pretend it is her husbands (glad the show takes that out lol). She then gets pregnant and when Jun Seo reveals all her dirty secrets she punishes him by disappearing with their baby which is in fact the worst punishment for Jun Seo her all time accomplice. In the last part, she makes the child go for his signing and drops a letter with him. he soon realises that was his child he had just spoken to. The girl is twisted in the show and worse in the Manhwa. Not sure how people expected any good ending lol
So Jae Oh dying and Jun Seo threatening Do Hyeok was for nothing...? lol If Jun Seo was planning to die anyways,…
I believe in the show and manhwa, the author's focus was never Do Hyeok. It was always about Baek Ah Jin. She basically reaps the fruits of her many terrible labours with the materialising of Do Hyeok a psychopath fit for her. She is not a normal female lead remember? She actually does not deserve a good ending where everyone that deserves revenge gets it. She herself has not gotten the cold dish of revenge she truly deserves but gets away through manipulation and luck just to go hurt and destroy more people's lives. Do you get the idea? She deserve the guy. I felt satisfied by that as my focus from start to finish was Baek Ah Jin. What do you think?
Kim yoo jung always nail her characters. She is such an inspirational actress. I really like her. However, although…
That is the point. He enabled her but could not help or save her. She is impossible to save as are most unrepentant sociopaths/psychopaths. She can't be saved so the ending is appropriate. She isn't normal so no one around her can have a normal ending including her.
I completely agree with you...I rated the actors' performances with the lowest efficiency, not because I didn't…
Let me honest. As a Christian, I instantly saw and see your point and it is 100% valid. I simply couldn't argue with it even though I thoroughly enjoyed this drama. The messaging is indeed mostly problematic. I recently struggled when I watched Queen Mantis. It really was a terrible show and I made a comment similar to what you gave above to Dear X lol. Bless you.
I up voted your comment even though I have an opposite angled review for the show. I completely agree with you that everyone is crazy and it is dark and sick. However, watching it, I genuinely believe the show and the intentional directing did one thing correctly. They portrayed APD correctly. For the audience we gradually snap out of our beauty induced complacency to Ah Jin's behaviours. The show is good at snapping us out of it when we realised just how horrible a person without empathy really is. No matter how beautiful she was, we were able to see her by the mid point as the horror she really is.
What i mean is that the show sends a correct message to people that psychopaths are really just that. No matter how much they pretend, the best way to deal with them is to avoid them, and run away from them because like Ah Jin a pretty one, they can be like gold box packed with disease.
I think that is good messaging. Where I would have been concerned is if they actually tried to make her seem genuinely kind and loving or empathetic like some shows do. here they kept the messaging consistent. We keep hoping she will change. We try to excuse her behaviours like her simps but soon it slaps us in the face that this one is hopeless and we shouldn't have bothered.
In real life, many people are being used by narcissists and sociopaths. Many are dating them or married to them and in this vicious cycle. The funny thing is that I could see that this happens in real life even from many viewers comments. They root for Ah Jin. They think she is cool for controlling men. They praise her, and are 'in love' with her.
this show created two types of commenters. The former explained above and those like me who likes the acting but hates the character and gets the messaging. I was not expecting her to end well because in real life, people like her should not end well lol.
Lee Je Hoon is The glue, the guy, the genius, The all rounder! He truly is excellent. I can't imagine anyone even with similar set of skills play this role well enough. Action, nuance, emotion, caricature, serious, skillful, multilingual, driving, playing totally different characters to scam others while still remaining Kim Do Gi that the audience knows is within....Honestly genius. I was impressed with Kim You Jung's performance in Dear X set up. I am almost doubly impressed by Lee Je Joon in Taxi Driver setting.
However, watching it, I genuinely believe the show and the intentional directing did one thing correctly. They portrayed APD correctly. For the audience we gradually snap out of our beauty induced complacency to Ah Jin's behaviours. The show is good at snapping us out of it when we realised just how horrible a person without empathy really is. No matter how beautiful she was, we were able to see her by the mid point as the horror she really is.
What i mean is that the show sends a correct message to people that psychopaths are really just that. No matter how much they pretend, the best way to deal with them is to avoid them, and run away from them because like Ah Jin a pretty one, they can be like gold box packed with disease.
I think that is good messaging. Where I would have been concerned is if they actually tried to make her seem genuinely kind and loving or empathetic like some shows do. here they kept the messaging consistent. We keep hoping she will change. We try to excuse her behaviours like her simps but soon it slaps us in the face that this one is hopeless and we shouldn't have bothered.
In real life, many people are being used by narcissists and sociopaths. Many are dating them or married to them and in this vicious cycle. The funny thing is that I could see that this happens in real life even from many viewers comments. They root for Ah Jin. They think she is cool for controlling men. They praise her, and are 'in love' with her.
this show created two types of commenters. The former explained above and those like me who likes the acting but hates the character and gets the messaging. I was not expecting her to end well because in real life, people like her should not end well lol.