Who cares!!!? I just love their stuff. They do well in their professions. They are normal human beings with careers like everyone else. These relationship news are so pointless honestly. Let celebrities live, let live, and be happy.
So i wrote a private review for myself and oddly decided to get chat gpt involved in interpreting my review. Here was its review of my review of this show
"The reviewer’s tone suggests a strong emotional reaction to the show, primarily negative. However, rather than outright hating it, their comments reflect frustration and disapproval with specific aspects of the story and character dynamics, particularly the male lead (ML) and female lead (FL). Let’s break it down:
1. On the Male Lead (ML):
• The reviewer clearly despises the ML, calling him an “insecure incel,” a “useless tool,” and a “pointless toad.” • They criticise his mistreatment of the FL and the broader societal enablement of his behaviour. This frustration implies they found his actions unjustifiable and morally repugnant, even within the show’s cultural or narrative context.
2. On the Female Lead (FL):
• The FL is described as overly soft, irrational, and enabling of the ML’s abusive behaviour. The reviewer is particularly disgusted by her eventual forgiveness and romantic feelings for the ML, attributing it to a “Stockholm Syndrome concept.” • They critique her as complicit in the toxic dynamic, which worsens their view of her character.
3. Cultural and Narrative Critique:
• The reviewer questions the portrayal of creditor-debtor relationships in the story’s cultural context, suggesting it’s a flawed or exaggerated narrative device. • They express disappointment in the lack of nuance or redemption arc for the ML and FL, citing that “forgiveness is not stupidity” This implies dissatisfaction with how forgiveness and relationships are portrayed.
4. Overall Impression:
• They explicitly state the ML is the “key reason the score is so low,” while the FL’s “irritating and practically unreasonable nature” compounds their disappointment. • Despite their strong criticism, the detailed analysis indicates they were engaged enough to finish the series and critically reflect on its themes."
Read your lovely conversation with the other person and would like to give my two cents as someone who has enjoyed…
thanks for enjoying our discussion. Oddly, I also didn't like my liberation notes. My older sister neither. It might be a family trait to seek out dramatic drama lol. I think you have a lovely personality as well lol as you can be calm and enjoy the slice of life genre.
I actually want to watch this series because of your review hahahaha. it's because I enjoy the "people watching"…
thanks for the peaceful convo too. I wish there were more like you.... To end, you can recommend me a different melo show you like (not by this director please lol) maybe 2 shows I can check out...while I will recommend you two great ones that you may like. Not too adrenaline, and not too melo try 1) Moving 2) Flower of Evil. Will you try?
I actually want to watch this series because of your review hahahaha. it's because I enjoy the "people watching"…
I see...lol. thanks for not taking offense lol. I think i gave one spring night a 6 or something. I think you have a nice personality lol. Perhaps some of us are just too dramatic normally so we need makjang lol. Thanks for explaining though I still don't quite get how i can look for a drama as an escape only to end up back in super normal reality lol
I actually want to watch this series because of your review hahahaha. it's because I enjoy the "people watching"…
haha! omg please tell me more. Like i genuinely do not understand how lol. I think i am missing something. Have you seen 'Something in the rain' by the same director? ...there was nothing in the rain after I was done watching lol. I didn't get it. Same with One spring night. It was literally just one spring night...It was waaaay too bland.
I thought this was cute and liked it. I really liked how it portrayed boys who like "girly" things or have "girly"…
'There were some scenes that were kind of ridiculous, even if they were for humor purposes, and some parts just seemed cut off or left unfinished' ... i have noticed this when i pick up Jdramas. It is like you provided the exact description of something i noticed but couldn't put my finger on. Whether in comedy or thriller or jarring, they seem to have the same off deadpan random set ups that has me wondering huh?...then i jump back in, and the end is sometimes also huh? lol
I thought it was just me that didn't get it. Wasn't surprised when I saw the other shows by the director and the…
True. I patiently watched the first episode and had the feeling that i wasted my time. Some people would say we don't understand the elegance of the style and the approach to social commentary. They may be right lol...However, if i am watching a drama, it should have some drama either in the story, the acting, the premise, or all three. When i watch his shows, same with One Spring night...i felt like i was looking into someone's window as they scroll on their phone and eat dinner....talk about melo lol. These slice of life styles are just not for me lol.
The whole way filming , choreography trying to potray a melo kinda vibe , but the only thing i get is boring and…
I thought it was just me that didn't get it. Wasn't surprised when I saw the other shows by the director and the 2 I watched were just the same...feels like watching paint dry up.
I think this directors works are just not for me somehow. I keep trying but cannot maintain interest in them. I can't make it past the first 3 episodes. The premise is not interesting enough. It feels like I am spending my time watching people live their super normal lives lol. It has this 'watching paint dry' type of feeling while you watch. The romance then isn't interesting as everything else hasn't managed to stir up an interest in their love line from the start. I may give it another try in the future though who knows. For now, I finished episode 1 and I am on to something different. Glad there are people who appreciate these slow quite, dark, lackluster not overly dramatic types though. I appreciate that there is social commentary on major societal practices and issues. However, I am unable to follow it with this slow, quite, depressing, gloomy format. For instance some shows on bullying get it while some don't. For instance, The Glory have managed to keep a strong stamp on the commentary and was dramatised very well throwing light on the problem. Even where there is no romance you empathise so much you start to look forward to how a and b characters can connect romantically or otherwise. Anyways... To each their own.
If I or other Christians were to get upset by the amount of disrespect that Christianity gets even from Muslims…
Lol. You brought up the religious matter in a neutral platform and probably expected an apology from the world or something for your offended feelings and it didn't work out, now you want to stop lol. Mind you, I have read and studied so much about Islam I can probably use just the Quran alone as a source to get thinkers thinking but I understand there is a fear you are raised with to not question your faith. Trying so hard to call me a bozo or fish which wouldn't make me either is not useful either lol. Get bold and brave. Think outside the box designed for you. If ever you are willing to lets meet again on an apologetics platform and debate. Will be glad to give you all the research you need as I am a researcher by profession lol. Anyways, let me get back to enjoying Asian shows. You should enjoy them as they come as well and avoid being easily offended by them. All the best.
If I or other Christians were to get upset by the amount of disrespect that Christianity gets even from Muslims…
Christianity and the case for Christ isn't so fragile that it needs any form of defending in the first place. Truth stands no matter what people say , feel, or try to do so it really doesn't matter how much people try. God's purity isn't so fragile to be sullied by any human intention. It is a futile and funny fight humans try to fight to at least offend others. God certainly doesn't need my defending. He defends and protects me instead. Through Him i rather learn true love and tolerance and others-centeredness. People must not first bow in fear or do exactly what i like , how i want, and tell them to do first before I show love and respect to them. That is not love. That is tyranny.
hey can you please tell me in more details what they did ?
i love this comment. I get so tired of Muslims thinking the world revolves around them somehow when my encounter with countless Muslims have been actual disrespect, and the testimony of Christians from Muslims around the world is straight up persecution for just being themselves. I think this commenter expects us to say oh my, terrible show, how dare they do that? If Christians were this intolerant, the world would have ended with just how much nonsense we see on public media. Thanks for sending this conversation in the right order. I wonder if simply calling a spade here as it is would soon be called islamophobia. Christians need to pull that card more often lol...we don't have the word. Christianphobia? lol...just ranting and kidding. thanks for being a reasonable and unwavering person in this currently overly PC world. I respect your stance in this convo.
I disliked how they brought up Muslims stereotype and were disrespectful to Islam in this Kdrama. That's very…
If I or other Christians were to get upset by the amount of disrespect that Christianity gets even from Muslims on a regular basis if compared to what you are describing here would warrant an entire webpage to rant and complain. The world does not and will never revolve around Islam. Get over yourself and be more tolerant. Let people breathe, or don't watch shows as it is probably haram.
I watched series with her and her twin sister and literally never realised they were two different people! WOW! They need to act a show where they are doing that twin thing but instead of doubling one actress with technology, they actually play it originally.
"The reviewer’s tone suggests a strong emotional reaction to the show, primarily negative. However, rather than outright hating it, their comments reflect frustration and disapproval with specific aspects of the story and character dynamics, particularly the male lead (ML) and female lead (FL). Let’s break it down:
1. On the Male Lead (ML):
• The reviewer clearly despises the ML, calling him an “insecure incel,” a “useless tool,” and a “pointless toad.”
• They criticise his mistreatment of the FL and the broader societal enablement of his behaviour. This frustration implies they found his actions unjustifiable and morally repugnant, even within the show’s cultural or narrative context.
2. On the Female Lead (FL):
• The FL is described as overly soft, irrational, and enabling of the ML’s abusive behaviour. The reviewer is particularly disgusted by her eventual forgiveness and romantic feelings for the ML, attributing it to a “Stockholm Syndrome concept.”
• They critique her as complicit in the toxic dynamic, which worsens their view of her character.
3. Cultural and Narrative Critique:
• The reviewer questions the portrayal of creditor-debtor relationships in the story’s cultural context, suggesting it’s a flawed or exaggerated narrative device.
• They express disappointment in the lack of nuance or redemption arc for the ML and FL, citing that “forgiveness is not stupidity” This implies dissatisfaction with how forgiveness and
relationships are portrayed.
4. Overall Impression:
• They explicitly state the ML is the “key reason the score is so low,” while the FL’s “irritating and practically unreasonable nature” compounds their disappointment.
• Despite their strong criticism, the detailed analysis indicates they were engaged enough to finish the series and critically reflect on its themes."