I found the vibe “ Women support women” too. The storyline is getting better and better especially when it…
Agreed! Episode 31 was especially well-done with the pacing and giving time to even the more background female characters and their effects on each other.
The best storylines of this drama really have been Lanxiang with all the different female characters. The scenes with Zhao Xingtang, Ji-er, and the other women were truly women understanding each other and helping each other with their own methods. 🥹
It is really because female leads are not allowed to make too many "mistakes". Look at how many female…
Yup!!! But thankfully it wasn't that bad. C-platforms also loves Su Cheng Cheng. It was one of the few dramas I watched with overwhelmingly majority of the C-viewers understanding FL's/Su Cheng Cheng's perspective a lot. It helped that the drama/writing established Su Cheng Cheng as a character so early on that viewers fell for her first before they ever fell for Tang Qi. 😂 Especially since the writing also made sure they provided scenes of Tang Qi reflecting how he had a hand in the mess too.
I did not think he would harm her but it is clever of the direction to give us that fear
Yes, and it doesn't step back from showing the viewers that what he had done was terrible. Even though they did put some romantic OSTs for some of the other questionable scenes with him in his delusions while Lanxiang looked miserable. 😬
Black Flag Pink Flag Orange? Brown?Interesting how Flagging is used mainly for Male Leads in DramaWorld None of…
It is really because female leads are not allowed to make too many "mistakes". Look at how many female leads get dragged even in MDL comments for simply "rejecting" male leads or "hurting" male leads which are often a response to male leads' actions. 😐 Male leads are allowed more wriggle room to be all types of colored flags with people defending them/giving context to their actions but female leads are limited in really just accepting male leads' feelings for them and not allowed to stay mad at male leads for long since viewers want the romance to "start". So female leads refusing to "give in" often "ruin the vibe".
Well, let's hope Jinqi is going through his character development right now. In episode 30 when he was leaning towards Lanxiang, it was actually pretty scary to me because my mind did go to /that/. Though I know this drama will not push it there as it essentially means there is 0 chance to support the FL's and ML's relationship development and there did be no return for ML as a character.
But it does show much Jinqi has abused his power against Lanxiang and it is a slippery slope from the imperial decree, the drugs, etc. for me to even have felt that there was a chance that posture of his was a legit threat. Especially given the context of that time period too and his constant verbal confirmation that Lanxiang is his lawfully wedded wife now (so he can do anything and she is not allowed to think about anyone else).
Jiugao: "I know full well my mother doesn't want Yuchan as her daughter-in-law. If I insist on forcing her to marry me anyway, they will never get along, and Yuchan will constantly be caught in the middle. Why would I put her through that?"
I am glad Jinqi died early by his 50s. 😂 Lanxiang then have at least 20-30 years to herself to enjoy her life…
I am sure it is heartbreaking for her but I feel like her character throughout this drama has gained so much beyond just this future romantic relationship. Lanxiang has established great friendships with many and she will have a fulfilling life with her potential career and her descendants. I think it might also be a commentary on how a woman can continue to live on even with no love or love that has passed away. Her journey didn't begin with Jinqi and won't end with Jinqi's passing.
Had Lanxiang been the one to die earlier, Jinqi probably would had died within a year. 😂 This is probably also a reference to how husbands tend to die quickly after their wives passed away while wives tend to be able to live on much longer and it is actually less stressful for them now. 😂
I am glad Jinqi died early by his 50s. 😂 Lanxiang then have at least 20-30 years to herself to enjoy her life…
I know they changed his character for the drama haha (he is straight up a rapist and abuser in the novel). Him dying by his 50s is the drama script leak and I am still happy he died earlier even if they were more happy in the drama.
Lanxiang as a character isn't defined by this marriage so I am happy that after his death, she had decades of time to live for herself and not continued to be tie up as Jinqi's wife. The romance to me is the least important aspect of this drama and not really the most important part of Lanxiang's character either.
I am glad Jinqi died early by his 50s. 😂 Lanxiang then have at least 20-30 years to herself to enjoy her life…
The comment is just my opinion based on a future leak I saw but the leak is pretty big so I am sure people who don't like seeing spoilers will not like that spoiler at all. 😅
Includes big drama script spoiler so don't read it if you don't want to know about Jinqi's future:
I am glad Jinqi died early by his 50s. 😂 Lanxiang then have at least 20-30 years to herself to enjoy her life as the matriarch of the Lin household and not just be tied to Jinqi as his wife and deal with the constant drama from his side of the family. By then, she has her own children and probably her own grandchildren which was the wish of her parents and Scholar Lu for her to continue to live and essentially have Shen descendants who live on. It was really a journey of her life and everyone else was a traveler who stopped by for awhile.
I had hoped there would be more time for the two of them to fall in love. But now I see what the drama is trying…
The latter half of the drama will probably focus more on this development on them since they are actually living in the same place now and will have to have interactions. 😂
But it does show much Jinqi has abused his power against Lanxiang and it is a slippery slope from the imperial decree, the drugs, etc. for me to even have felt that there was a chance that posture of his was a legit threat. Especially given the context of that time period too and his constant verbal confirmation that Lanxiang is his lawfully wedded wife now (so he can do anything and she is not allowed to think about anyone else).
The shade. 😂
Had Lanxiang been the one to die earlier, Jinqi probably would had died within a year. 😂 This is probably also a reference to how husbands tend to die quickly after their wives passed away while wives tend to be able to live on much longer and it is actually less stressful for them now. 😂
Lanxiang as a character isn't defined by this marriage so I am happy that after his death, she had decades of time to live for herself and not continued to be tie up as Jinqi's wife. The romance to me is the least important aspect of this drama and not really the most important part of Lanxiang's character either.