Chao Wunian vs. Jiang Biechen http://xhslink.cn/o/ifKktCsFFm
🥹So beautiful. So ruthless. So emotionally conflicted. That natural arrogance and oppressive aura😭There is no meal replacement for Xiao Ran! She must keep acting until she’s 80!🙏
How come peng xiao ran didn't become huge after this drama?her natural beauty and amazing acting in this drama…
Please ignore the rumourmongering going on above. Haven’t heard that rhetoric in years but it’s got nothing to do with Xiao Ran’s popularity. Basically, her resources couldn’t keep up with the popularity the show brought her. She also doesn’t have backing. She was an artist under Fan Bingbing when she got cast for Goodbye Princess and at the time Fan Bingbing was massive and intended to heavily promote her but Bingbing had an accident and Xiao Ran lost her biggest backer as a result. Ever since, she has been going it alone and although she’s managed to stay in the industry, it’s not been easy. She didn’t have any roles for a few years so there was no backlog of dramas to keep her in the public eye and strengthen her media presence/popularity. She had to wait until the results of Goodbye My Princess came out to get roles but even though she was popular, she didn’t have strong backing. This has meant that top-tier productions and scripts are difficult for her to reach and even if she does go for them, the role might be taken by someone else with a more powerful background. From what I understand, she’s been choosing from what’s the best available to her but unfortunately this doesn’t always mean sincere crews or good treatment. It’s not all doom and gloom though. Her show Unshakeable Faith had really good TV ratings (CVB) . If I remember correctly, she is still the top 90s actress for CCTV-8 CVB ratings and the show exceeded 100 million views in a single day- a feat usually reserved for big budget shows. She has also recently been popular for the role of Mu Yumo from Blood River due to her voice acting abilities and beauty. Now she’s filming Zhao Wu Nian which is supposed to be a wuxia, I believe.
I agree about the writing and the pacing/editing and to this day, I’m still surprised that such experienced…
Even if it was a break up drama, it makes more sense to break-up with a high quality work. Even if a star leaves, the production company should still care about its reputation. Besides, they might have been able to keep a connection with RJL if Love & Crown was high quality but they’ve probably now shut that avenue completely down with what they produced. They’ve also potentially scared away outside talent by what they did to Peng Xiao Ran. Forcing someone to film is bad and so is tricking someone into a poor production and then trying to sacrifice them both in and outside of the show. What decently popular talent will want to work with them in the future? Anyway , I can’t and probably never will hate this show because Xiao Ran worked so hard on it and it gave me Cangcang, who I adore but I will probably never watch another Huanrui production outside of the ones that involved Xiao Ran (thankfully there’s only 2). For a company currently struggling this shouldn’t be the result they want.
honestly the drama and book is very different, isn’t it? I’m reading the book, I’m around 200 pages and…
The book starts from the middle of Xiao Feng and Li Chengyin’s story whereas the drama starts from the beginning. What happens in the beginning is a big reveal in the later stages of the book. And the book characters get a lot of their depth in the side stories.
I can understand why some people are asking why this drama has a relatively low rating, but after I had finished…
I agree about the writing and the pacing/editing and to this day, I’m still surprised that such experienced companies such as Huanrui and Yehua would let an entire drama be weakened by such a correctable element. The power struggle storyline gave it a suitable, believable, and realistic framework but the screenwriter and editor seemed to lose focus. A sickly, power starved yet revolutionary emperor marries the unruly and independent daughter of his greatest foe in order to gain the crown, and against all odds and machinations, they form an unshakeable bond and also reform the country for the better. This sounds like a great setup for a grand and powerful story and very complex characters. Drawing on historical examples could have better strengthened and grounded the story further. Had it been more grounded in reality, I think it would have felt closer to serious drama given how strong the acting performances were.
Guys, I also want to see Peng Xiao Ran's new look, but Weibo doesn't work in my country, so I can't see updates…
Outside of Chinese sites, the next best option is the YouTube channel run by a Chinese fan called flypxr-zc1kr. They don’t translate but they do publish filming and other videos from time to time.
https://m.weibo.cn/detail/5324948918766043
Basically, her resources couldn’t keep up with the popularity the show brought her. She also doesn’t have backing. She was an artist under Fan Bingbing when she got cast for Goodbye Princess and at the time Fan Bingbing was massive and intended to heavily promote her but Bingbing had an accident and Xiao Ran lost her biggest backer as a result. Ever since, she has been going it alone and although she’s managed to stay in the industry, it’s not been easy. She didn’t have any roles for a few years so there was no backlog of dramas to keep her in the public eye and strengthen her media presence/popularity. She had to wait until the results of Goodbye My Princess came out to get roles but even though she was popular, she didn’t have strong backing. This has meant that top-tier productions and scripts are difficult for her to reach and even if she does go for them, the role might be taken by someone else with a more powerful background. From what I understand, she’s been choosing from what’s the best available to her but unfortunately this doesn’t always mean sincere crews or good treatment.
It’s not all doom and gloom though. Her show Unshakeable Faith had really good TV ratings (CVB) . If I remember correctly, she is still the top 90s actress for CCTV-8 CVB ratings and the show exceeded 100 million views in a single day- a feat usually reserved for big budget shows. She has also recently been popular for the role of Mu Yumo from Blood River due to her voice acting abilities and beauty. Now she’s filming Zhao Wu Nian which is supposed to be a wuxia, I believe.
Anyway , I can’t and probably never will hate this show because Xiao Ran worked so hard on it and it gave me Cangcang, who I adore but I will probably never watch another Huanrui production outside of the ones that involved Xiao Ran (thankfully there’s only 2). For a company currently struggling this shouldn’t be the result they want.
https://m.weibo.cn/detail/5322725801591925
https://m.weibo.cn/detail/5321287052561352
https://m.weibo.cn/detail/5320205603701252
https://m.weibo.cn/detail/5320539878982406
https://m.weibo.cn/detail/5320639233921283
https://m.weibo.cn/detail/5320714747905274
https://m.weibo.cn/detail/5319293801860012
https://m.weibo.cn/detail/5319339343348710
https://m.weibo.cn/detail/5319534706691985
https://youtube.com/shorts/1P38PxOBPkc?si=V-F4pVj7peA9vyOz
https://m.weibo.cn/detail/5318346406625631
They don’t translate but they do publish filming and other videos from time to time.
https://m.weibo.cn/detail/5316883649660017