I’ve started watching drama because of YangYang and I stayed for him. I hoped that we will see personals growth…
The drama definitely felt it was missing some key elements at times. From my understanding, lots of scenes were deleted which would have helped us get the characters better, and I also feel like the director didn’t really know where he should put his focus.
Still, it was an enjoyable ride even though I am unhappy with some of the scriptwriting/directing
Finished and overall I'm sad. There definitely should have been other ways to demonstrate why they love each other…
I get what you're saying... It's really a shame that the director decided to (had to?) delete most of their high school scenes which aimed at exploring their romance (and subsequent break up more in depth)
i wonder if this is getting better im really try to see this drama but im on episode 16 and she is so coward,i…
The FL was orphaned at a young age and was then brought up in a very toxic and abusive environment. It's hard for her to renounce her family for an uncertain future with the ML, hence the constant push and pull. She loves him, but can't give up on everything just to get with him at this stage of her life (please remember that they have spent 10 years apart).
Moreover, despite the emotional abuse she suffered at the hands of her controlling and elitist parents, she still loves them and feels like she owes them for everything they've done for her. Ideally, she would like to maintain both relationships (with her family and with SY) and that both sides accept each other. Of course, that's wishful thinking on her part, but that's what makes her humane.
About whether it's getting better now, I can't really say. It would really depend on what you’re looking for. But just know that the leads will get together in ep. 25 so you’re almost there ;)
I think i saw a post regarding Fireworks of My Heart's rating who dropped drastically on a chinese website. Is…
Trolls and haters are basically review-bombing the drama on Douban (think of it as the Chinese IMDB), giving it a poor rating because:
1. They claim they hated the drama (but for having read some of their comments, it's obvious that lots of them didn’t even watch it lol) because of its unlikeable characters (seems like they disliked ML and FL trying to distance themselves from FL's toxic family), unrealistic medical scenes (they chastised the FL for taking a drastic decision during an actual earthquake lol), a scene that had the ML teaching the FL how to use a fire extinguisher, and what they saw as bad acting (lots of scenes trended on their local SNS where they removed the context of the scenes on purpose to make fun of Yang Yang)
2. They fell in love with the FL's brother and felt he should have gotten more screentime (and the girl) and was more deserving than the ML (because a broody and rich CEO is always better than a principled firefighter lmao). They even created a ruckus online when they found out one of his scenes was deleted (ML and FL got LOTS of deleted scenes mind you...)
3. They felt the show didn't promote good values (FL is unfilial for trying to break away from her abusive family...), FL is not feminist for wanting to fight for the love of her life
4. They were unhappy that their hate comments were allegedly blocked/deleted by the FOMH team
5. I don’t know how this factors in, but seems like they are also unhappy about the dating rumors linking the two leads?
For some, I think they just have too much time on their hands and hate in their hearts, and for the others, I think they are deliberately targeting YY and WCR on purpose (at whose behest I wonder...)
Unfortunately, there are LOTS of deleted scenes in this drama 🥲, particularly those depicting the evolution…
Especially as she was actually facing her brother when she ran towards him and hugged him. It would have made more sense if he had his back turned to her and was more dressed down (he's usually wearing suits, while SY's everyday clothes are more casual)
Why is that??Is it because of the storyline?? I understand its bit toxic because of FL's family background Or…
Hard to explain... It seems like part of the Chinese "audience" (using "" because these are mostly trolls who didn’t even watch the show) is super unhappy about the drama. While some of the general criticism may be valid (poor characterisations, tropey drama, etc.), it is generally overblown and misguided. Why am I saying it is overblown? Because it seems they forgot this drama was not a docuseries and, while aiming at celebrating firefighters and doctors, it is first and foremost a source of entertainment. Why misguided? Because they are blaming the actors for the scriptwriter and director's failings.
As to why they dislike the FL, from what I read online, C-netizens are unhappy that her character is "unfilial" to her abusive parents, that she doesn't reciprocate her brother's incestuous feelings, that she's "love brain" because she's pursuing her one and only love (who is the one person who gave her the will to live). They also were unhappy with some medical scenes which they found unrealistic.
Anyway, for some reason, they decided to direct their hate towards the 2 lead actors and are now harassing them online and boycotting the lead actress' endorsements/dramas
https://twitter.com/helloz76/status/1685595843628515329?s=61I seriously can't even find the words to say, even…
Tell me about it... I am so SHOCKED by the c-netizens' reactions to this drama, and particularly by the bullying campaign they had the audacity to launch against the main 2 actors!!!
Why the f*** aren't the director and other crew members speaking up? Also, I am sorry, but I feel like Wei Da Xun should have posted a comment on his SNS to show his support for his castmates. Good for him that he's finally getting some recognition, but part of the endorsement he got from the public is purely in reaction to their perceived "unfair" treatment of his character (they keep crying over his one deleted scene -which btw made his character appear like a creep- while both ML and FL got lots of deleted scenes). Had he stepped in and issued some sweet words to acknowledge his colleagues' goodwill, the situation would not have been so bad today.
Anyway, rant over. Hope WCR is surrounded by well-wishers and that she's alright
I liked the drama more than I thought I would.Its a little bit too slow burn, but this makes sense given their…
You summarized my views perfectly!
The lack of backstory is something that even Yang Yang complained about during the promotions. The director filmed A LOT of high school scenes depicting their romance, but they were not included in the show for some reason (you can find some of these scenes on Twitter now).
Apparently, it could be due to censorship (high school romance is frowned down upon as it could incite youngsters not to focus in school), but don't quote me on that lol
you shouldn't bring negative news on her profile page. i'm afraid people would misunderstand her even more, she's…
I get your point, but I actually think i-fans should know what's going on. People need to be aware that she's being unfairly targeted and robbed of job opportunities.
Hopefully, it will be an incentive for those who can to send some love and positive vibes her way
P.S. It's better to state here and now that she's being bullied online by trolls although she didn't do anything, than let people fall down a rabbit hole while trying to find out what's going on
Unfortunately, there are LOTS of deleted scenes in this drama 🥲, particularly those depicting the evolution of the leads' relationship😅
But I do seem to remember that the one scene you pointed out (if I am not mistaken, that's the scene where her brother visits her after she got back with SY) indeed has a deleted scene. Basically, XQ embraces her brother thinking he's SY, and then recoils when she realizes her mistake. MYC then tries to hold onto her.
I think it was for the best to delete this scene as MYC appeared kinda creepy here (and that's coming from someone who initially enjoyed his character arc), and it made no sense that the FL would mistake her brother for her boyfriend
She's been trying to emancipate from her family, but that's an on going process.She became a doctor, and her mom…
Actually, it's a good thing they gave a redemption arc to her family. Imagine how c-netizens would have reacted if the FL would have permanently severed ties with her family 😂? They are already hating on her just for sticking to the man she loves against her parents' wishes.
As for Xu Qin, I'd say that there's no perfect victim. I think the director should have done a better job at showing how drained, depressed, scarred and scared she is. That way, it would have been easier for viewers to understand where she's coming from (even if they might still not like her).
Also, I don't think she didn't do as much as SY for their relationship. She worked hard to become a doctor, she went against her parents/saviors, she took part in the rescue mission to be with him in spite of the danger. A big part of her struggle was internal (finding the strength to oppose her parents), so it may not seem like she did much for her relationship when she actually did
I completed it and liked it, but it was far from being perfect
From my understanding, lots of scenes were deleted which would have helped us get the characters better, and I also feel like the director didn’t really know where he should put his focus.
Still, it was an enjoyable ride even though I am unhappy with some of the scriptwriting/directing
It's really a shame that the director decided to (had to?) delete most of their high school scenes which aimed at exploring their romance (and subsequent break up more in depth)
Moreover, despite the emotional abuse she suffered at the hands of her controlling and elitist parents, she still loves them and feels like she owes them for everything they've done for her. Ideally, she would like to maintain both relationships (with her family and with SY) and that both sides accept each other. Of course, that's wishful thinking on her part, but that's what makes her humane.
About whether it's getting better now, I can't really say. It would really depend on what you’re looking for. But just know that the leads will get together in ep. 25 so you’re almost there ;)
1. They claim they hated the drama (but for having read some of their comments, it's obvious that lots of them didn’t even watch it lol) because of its unlikeable characters (seems like they disliked ML and FL trying to distance themselves from FL's toxic family), unrealistic medical scenes (they chastised the FL for taking a drastic decision during an actual earthquake lol), a scene that had the ML teaching the FL how to use a fire extinguisher, and what they saw as bad acting (lots of scenes trended on their local SNS where they removed the context of the scenes on purpose to make fun of Yang Yang)
2. They fell in love with the FL's brother and felt he should have gotten more screentime (and the girl) and was more deserving than the ML (because a broody and rich CEO is always better than a principled firefighter lmao). They even created a ruckus online when they found out one of his scenes was deleted (ML and FL got LOTS of deleted scenes mind you...)
3. They felt the show didn't promote good values (FL is unfilial for trying to break away from her abusive family...), FL is not feminist for wanting to fight for the love of her life
4. They were unhappy that their hate comments were allegedly blocked/deleted by the FOMH team
5. I don’t know how this factors in, but seems like they are also unhappy about the dating rumors linking the two leads?
For some, I think they just have too much time on their hands and hate in their hearts, and for the others, I think they are deliberately targeting YY and WCR on purpose (at whose behest I wonder...)
The scene they filmed would have reflected poorly on MYC in my opinion. F
Good thing they deleted it
As to why they dislike the FL, from what I read online, C-netizens are unhappy that her character is "unfilial" to her abusive parents, that she doesn't reciprocate her brother's incestuous feelings, that she's "love brain" because she's pursuing her one and only love (who is the one person who gave her the will to live). They also were unhappy with some medical scenes which they found unrealistic.
Anyway, for some reason, they decided to direct their hate towards the 2 lead actors and are now harassing them online and boycotting the lead actress' endorsements/dramas
Why the f*** aren't the director and other crew members speaking up?
Also, I am sorry, but I feel like Wei Da Xun should have posted a comment on his SNS to show his support for his castmates. Good for him that he's finally getting some recognition, but part of the endorsement he got from the public is purely in reaction to their perceived "unfair" treatment of his character (they keep crying over his one deleted scene -which btw made his character appear like a creep- while both ML and FL got lots of deleted scenes). Had he stepped in and issued some sweet words to acknowledge his colleagues' goodwill, the situation would not have been so bad today.
Anyway, rant over. Hope WCR is surrounded by well-wishers and that she's alright
The lack of backstory is something that even Yang Yang complained about during the promotions. The director filmed A LOT of high school scenes depicting their romance, but they were not included in the show for some reason (you can find some of these scenes on Twitter now).
Apparently, it could be due to censorship (high school romance is frowned down upon as it could incite youngsters not to focus in school), but don't quote me on that lol
Hopefully, it will be an incentive for those who can to send some love and positive vibes her way
P.S. It's better to state here and now that she's being bullied online by trolls although she didn't do anything, than let people fall down a rabbit hole while trying to find out what's going on
But I do seem to remember that the one scene you pointed out (if I am not mistaken, that's the scene where her brother visits her after she got back with SY) indeed has a deleted scene. Basically, XQ embraces her brother thinking he's SY, and then recoils when she realizes her mistake. MYC then tries to hold onto her.
I think it was for the best to delete this scene as MYC appeared kinda creepy here (and that's coming from someone who initially enjoyed his character arc), and it made no sense that the FL would mistake her brother for her boyfriend
As for Xu Qin, I'd say that there's no perfect victim. I think the director should have done a better job at showing how drained, depressed, scarred and scared she is. That way, it would have been easier for viewers to understand where she's coming from (even if they might still not like her).
Also, I don't think she didn't do as much as SY for their relationship. She worked hard to become a doctor, she went against her parents/saviors, she took part in the rescue mission to be with him in spite of the danger. A big part of her struggle was internal (finding the strength to oppose her parents), so it may not seem like she did much for her relationship when she actually did