I don't understand why they didn't make him intersex. Would have been so much easier within the story and explained…
But, wa- that doesn't make any sense. You can't 'heal' being intersex, he will always be both biologically. He identifies as a man, yeah but he will always have to take hormones or go to the doctor sometimes. That's so stupid omg
Amber being man all along is nonsense but it was cute anyway
I don't understand why they didn't make him intersex. Would have been so much easier within the story and explained why he is so shy about getting close to Pu. But a disease, really? Come on you can do better
What is this? The 1600s? We have seen this storyline A BILLION FUCKING TIMES! I really had hoped they would be creative enough to find a way to keep Dee and Knight together through all of this... But of course we had to go the stereotypical route. Dee is such a weak whimp and has no backbone at all it's frustrating to see. Just quit and find a job elsewhere! Go with Knight, get an apartment together and work from there, independently from your goddamn family.
Was reading some comment down below about this seems non threatening in the series, but like you says the scary…
I think most people seeing it as non threatening because 'it's just a drama' and 'this could never happen in real life'. I personally think what makes it so scary is that it ABSOLUTELY could happen to any school or organisation in general. I mean a school in America is bringing back physical punishment, it's not that far fetched.
I agree with you, the rules bring a lot of comfort to a lot of students. They're used to them, the rules are 'good' and suddenly they're supposed to fight against the thing they were protecting. That's hard! Suddenly they're not the good students doing what's right but maybe the bad guys oppressing other students? Everything is so grey and I love that!
German movie Die Welle, right?I highly recommend it to everyone who likes The Eclipse:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wave_(2008_film)
Yes! The movie is great! They had actual help from the original author to make sure it stays as true as possible. It was chilling watching everything unfold, and it can always happen again, that's what made it the most scaring to me
Ouh I really wonder if they were inspired by 'the wave', specifically while making this episode. For those unaware: It's a book that was later turned into a movie that records a real social experiment that happened. A teacher wants to prove to his students how easy it can be to implement structures like the nazi-regime. No matter when or where, it's always possible. They didn't believe him so they started an experiment, a movement 'the wave' in which they all were in with the teacher as the ruler. They implemented specific rules, clothing etc. for a certain period of time. And as you can imagine... It spread into other classes and they themselves slowly got more radical towards students who didn't follow 'the rules'.
Seeing Namo just watching them gave me goosebumps. The way he was talking, obviously feeling morally superior reminds me too much of the book, well done
Why would they... Decide to get the main couple together in the first episode? I was baffled.Like yeah 'he doesn't…
This could have been the good fanfic coffee shop au I could rewatch over and over. The premise might not be the biggest but you can do SO MUCH with it. That's so sad!
Why would they... Decide to get the main couple together in the first episode? I was baffled. Like yeah 'he doesn't want to be in a relationship' or whatever but they're already acting as if they've dating for years which sucks all possible interesting tension out. I honestly don't understand, that makes everything so damn boring
@Yoursforever I find most of the negative comments insincere and the ones that appear genuine seem mostly tainted…
Wow telling me to go back to my country and stay there? Love that for me, thank you so much. That was the most xenophobic and blatant racist answer I've had in a while. It's always nice to find out how some people really tick, all you have to do is say something that doesn't agree with their opinion.
Bringing ww2 into a gay drama discussion? Sickass move, your 5th class history teacher must be so proud of you for remembering what a blitzkrieg is! So happy for your memory. That's such a big word wow.
Btw lit nickname, I really hope you're a gay man or by using your logic that makes you homophobic, so... Wish your twisted worldview all the best. Please stay in school
@Yoursforever I find most of the negative comments insincere and the ones that appear genuine seem mostly tainted…
You believe YOUTUBE COMMENTS?! No offence but Youtube comments gobble anything up. They could be the most toxic, cheating couple in the universe as long the actors are "hot" Youtube comments love them. And just because something is negative doesn't make it 'insincere' but judging from the way you wrote your three paragraphs it will impossible to have a nuanced conversation with you.
Go ahead and love every plot just because there are gay characters, good for you.
I thought it's finally over with its five episodes and now I learned its even more- oh come on. The story hasn't picked up in the slightest I wonder what they're planning for the last two episodes. Either everything is happening at once or still nothing
Maybe it's a cultural thing? In a Safe House episode of a previous season I have seen those GMMTV boys talk about…
Very interesting. I immediately thought of the structure of the roman empire. Especially the principle using "the curse" as a fear mongering method.
Principle = The emperor Students = Roman people Akk + Prefects = Roman legion
The overraction from the principle after the small win from TWR reminded me SO MUCH of what rome used to do to all the tribes who 'betrayed' them aka not paying at the exact day or someone simply being rude. They would slaughter the whole tribe with immense violence.
The World Remembers = Barbarians (as the romans called them) who did everything in their power to not get overrun by rome. Ayan = Spartakus, who was a slave but was able to escape, freed other slaves and for the first time got dangerous to the emperor and his power because he attacked not from the outside like their enemies, but from the inside. And his small army grew in numbers exponentially. Thua = The silent "barbarians" who thought they could do business with rome and all got extinguished
I also want to mention Wat who reminds me of Arminius. He was the highest ranking legionary in rome, but a born Cherusker, a barbarian. He grew up in Rome (for reasons that'll take too many lines) but one day came back to his old village. He had a change of heart and decided to free the land rome had invaded, germania. Also from the inside because he knew all of the romans fighting techniques, like Wat knows secrets as a prefect. I think Wat could be a great Arminius.
This got a bit out of hand, but I had to share because it has been spooking around in my brain for a while. I absolutely love revolutions.
Your interpretation of them as societal branches/aspects are very accurate. I would maybe change the curse from something like religion to more of a power tactic to silence and isolate disagreers. But... Well... Religion does that pretty well too. Plus the curse never actually has to do much, the scared people will try to silence everyone themselves which is nice
Maybe it's a cultural thing? In a Safe House episode of a previous season I have seen those GMMTV boys talk about…
You're right, could be! Just the literal imagine of 20 something year olds talking about a supernatural curse as if it's a creature that could step through the door at any time.... Took me out. And they're aspiring to be like engineers and other serious jobs that require physics and biology and math. It felt bizarre
The only thing that feels weird about this amazing drama is how serious the students take this 'curse'.Like...…
The rest? Amazing, I love it. The chemistry is impeccable. Seeing Khao put First into that hoodie immediately reminded me of Not Me. I had a literal flashback ^^
The only thing that feels weird about this amazing drama is how serious the students take this 'curse'. Like... Curses cannot pick locks or destroy things. And no one seems to even consider that the curse is something non supernatural? It feels off, especially because they're supposed to be a high private school with amazing curriculum
It's like a Hallmark movie just with more sound effects. Minute long conversations in one room, nothing ever really happens and everyone overreacts to everything. But it's a soft no brainer, you can just watch and relax with
But a disease, really? Come on you can do better
Dee is such a weak whimp and has no backbone at all it's frustrating to see. Just quit and find a job elsewhere! Go with Knight, get an apartment together and work from there, independently from your goddamn family.
I can't wait for the last episode I'm so done
I mean a school in America is bringing back physical punishment, it's not that far fetched.
I agree with you, the rules bring a lot of comfort to a lot of students. They're used to them, the rules are 'good' and suddenly they're supposed to fight against the thing they were protecting. That's hard! Suddenly they're not the good students doing what's right but maybe the bad guys oppressing other students? Everything is so grey and I love that!
For those unaware: It's a book that was later turned into a movie that records a real social experiment that happened.
A teacher wants to prove to his students how easy it can be to implement structures like the nazi-regime. No matter when or where, it's always possible. They didn't believe him so they started an experiment, a movement 'the wave' in which they all were in with the teacher as the ruler. They implemented specific rules, clothing etc. for a certain period of time. And as you can imagine... It spread into other classes and they themselves slowly got more radical towards students who didn't follow 'the rules'.
Seeing Namo just watching them gave me goosebumps. The way he was talking, obviously feeling morally superior reminds me too much of the book, well done
Like yeah 'he doesn't want to be in a relationship' or whatever but they're already acting as if they've dating for years which sucks all possible interesting tension out. I honestly don't understand, that makes everything so damn boring
That was the most xenophobic and blatant racist answer I've had in a while. It's always nice to find out how some people really tick, all you have to do is say something that doesn't agree with their opinion.
Bringing ww2 into a gay drama discussion? Sickass move, your 5th class history teacher must be so proud of you for remembering what a blitzkrieg is! So happy for your memory. That's such a big word wow.
Btw lit nickname, I really hope you're a gay man or by using your logic that makes you homophobic, so... Wish your twisted worldview all the best.
Please stay in school
And just because something is negative doesn't make it 'insincere' but judging from the way you wrote your three paragraphs it will impossible to have a nuanced conversation with you.
Go ahead and love every plot just because there are gay characters, good for you.
Especially the principle using "the curse" as a fear mongering method.
Principle = The emperor
Students = Roman people
Akk + Prefects = Roman legion
The overraction from the principle after the small win from TWR reminded me SO MUCH of what rome used to do to all the tribes who 'betrayed' them aka not paying at the exact day or someone simply being rude. They would slaughter the whole tribe with immense violence.
The World Remembers = Barbarians (as the romans called them) who did everything in their power to not get overrun by rome.
Ayan = Spartakus, who was a slave but was able to escape, freed other slaves and for the first time got dangerous to the emperor and his power because he attacked not from the outside like their enemies, but from the inside. And his small army grew in numbers exponentially.
Thua = The silent "barbarians" who thought they could do business with rome and all got extinguished
I also want to mention Wat who reminds me of Arminius. He was the highest ranking legionary in rome, but a born Cherusker, a barbarian. He grew up in Rome (for reasons that'll take too many lines) but one day came back to his old village. He had a change of heart and decided to free the land rome had invaded, germania. Also from the inside because he knew all of the romans fighting techniques, like Wat knows secrets as a prefect.
I think Wat could be a great Arminius.
This got a bit out of hand, but I had to share because it has been spooking around in my brain for a while. I absolutely love revolutions.
Your interpretation of them as societal branches/aspects are very accurate. I would maybe change the curse from something like religion to more of a power tactic to silence and isolate disagreers.
But... Well... Religion does that pretty well too. Plus the curse never actually has to do much, the scared people will try to silence everyone themselves which is nice
It felt bizarre
Seeing Khao put First into that hoodie immediately reminded me of Not Me. I had a literal flashback ^^
Like... Curses cannot pick locks or destroy things. And no one seems to even consider that the curse is something non supernatural? It feels off, especially because they're supposed to be a high private school with amazing curriculum