K-Drama
He An Lian Duì Xiang Xian Hun Hou Ai Le
0 people found this review helpful
It needn't be that long
I watched a longer version that is 3hrs long, and I don't think it needed to be that long.After 2 hours we basically got everything and reached the happy end, all jealousy scenes were conducted and every secret from the past was spilled so there is nothing to keep the story going for the next hour.
Also the story has nothing much going on to begin with, just two very rich pair with some wounds from the past and childhood trauma that will be magically cured through each other as it should and that's it, we don't even have family disagreement or any sibling/work drama, literally nothing.
Not saying it's all bad, just a simple 1 and half hours would be more than enough to show everything perfectly.
The cast was good, I however couldn't see much chemistry between the leads, and tbh WHZ here was so bad, I like him generally but here he has shown almost no emotions at all, and as everyone said he was very monotonous, the FL was cute and that's it her character had some questionable moments, but overall she was ok.
Will i recommend it? Ummm probably, I won't.
Was this review helpful to you?
I understand they wanted the dramatic approach of the story so they removed funny side characters and the silly interactions between the leads, basically that's most of POB charm, so this came out bland and too dramatic.
The two leads were ok, I'm not trying to compare them to the OG but their romance didn't convince me that much, the FL was meh most of the time she just hace this puppy eyes and i believe in POB the FL was smarter or they showed that clearly.
The female costumes were slightly odd, it's like they rediscovered female collarbones and decided to show that off. All. The. Time. ~~
My opinion about POB was mediocre, it was good it but had some flaws, this one isn't a better option if you want to see POB ho for it, don't settle for this ...
Was this review helpful to you?
The korean version of "love lost and found"
I didn't know it was a remake when I started it, I kinda liked the Chinese version, and despite not wanting to watch the same story again, I didn't drop it.What I liked:
-Acting was good, not ground breaking or anything but it's a VD, the ML is to some extent an experienced actor, and the FL was ok too.
-They copied the OG scene by scene, and I'm glad they played it safe and didn't mess up anything.
What I didn't like:
- No chemistry between the leads, i couldn't see any love between them at all, and i don't want to compare the two versions because in the Chinese ver i could see the love in the ML eyes clearly.
- the way they copied the OG was a double edged sword as they didn't fix the other version's end which was the main complaint about it and chose to keep it as it is.
And I can't believe I'm actually saying this but the ML was extremely tall!!!
I can't possibly put that as something i didn't like, I'm not going to bully the guy for having a great physical shape, however, the height difference here wasn't cute and adorable as it should, the FL looked like a miniature next to him, in a very awkward way, their romantic scenes were awkward too, I believe the camera angles didn't help either, and the lack of chemistry made it even worse.
Overall, very mediocre and skippable, this has more negatives than the OG which wasn't perfect but least the romance was believable.
Was this review helpful to you?
Yuan Zhong Qian Ren Huan Ying Lai Dao Dui Kang Lu
0 people found this review helpful
İ love those two
This is the only version that i watched for this story, because i like the leads tbh, and i do not think I need to check the rest anyway because the story is just not my cup of tea.However, the two leads were so adorable, this is their third collaboration, I've seen just two but i plan to watch the third, I like them together, CTK as a dorky character is just so adorable, i think he can do funny, i believe the whole topless scenes in the beginning were a bit too much and unnecessary but he kinda does that in every single drama he acts in so i guess that's his signature lol LXY is just the cutest here, i believe the story is just draggy and so cliché but it was entertaining, i barely skipped scenes and i didn't drop it even when i felt bored so it's bot that bad, and I'm glad it's a little less than 2 hrs.
Will i suggest it or watch it again?
Maybe, if you like the leads and don't .ind the lame syory, go for it, i don't think I'll visit it again but necer say never.
Was this review helpful to you?
The continuation of a very light highschool love story
İ loved the manga and the live action movie and i believe this should have stayed a movie only, not because the series is bad, this was so sweet and cute but i don't think it needed to be a whole 12 ep series cut in half with each having it's own release date.That's just too many unnecessary steps for a very light teenager love story that needn't be this complicated.
This part is having all the juices of the story, like season one was only about the crush and how the FL started falling for the ML with the SML falling for her and so, it's only about one-sided love, and it ended where everything is arranged for their love story to begin.
No obstacles and both have already fallen for each other.
Here we start the entanglements, and we indulge more in the friendship between the two MLs.
İ don't know how much i liked this or if i genuinely like it or not, because i already love the manga and the movie and for me, watching this was just a nostalgic thing, watching love stories i used to like and relate to when i was younger.
That been said, and now that both seasons are done, i think it's a very good series for younger audience to binge-watch or simply people who loves the very light and innocent teen stories.
Was this review helpful to you?
Because that makes everything else seems stupid, all the efforts can be thrown in the gutter if you don't have a consistent story, and let's be honest for a moment, the whole cast are not very professional or extremely talented to save this, I've seen some shows with bad stories but made enjoyable by the actors efforts representing their characters but that didn't happen here.
I'm not saying the cast was bad, they were ok, but not enough to save whatever that was.
I appreciate everything they did and how they tried to bring back an icon in the Chinese BL history but they didn't stick to the novel nor did they replace it with a good story.
I wish next time they will invest more in a proper idea, with better characters maybe and a good ending.
I want to say something positive about it but unfortunately aside from a really underdeveloped side characters' story, there was nothing interesting about it.
Definitely not recommended show, watch the OG (yes, the one that got stopped half way through, it's more developed than this) or read the novel, if you are interested.
Was this review helpful to you?
A cute slow-burn school romance
A very light and innocent love story that developed naturally and gradually between two school mates in the most innocent and cute way.The only problem i got with it is that i didn't think the characters were interesting enough for me to like them, i liked the actors, they were lovely and everything, but i couldn't see much chemistry between them nor did i like the characters so i did find it a bit bland.
However, this checks all the boxes of a cute short and natural love story so i can't really judge it negatively.
So by my standards it was meh! But as a whole show it was nice watch.
Maybe if you are into these types of stories that don't have much going on but a one-liner sentimental relationship, you will like it ~~
Was this review helpful to you?
A 30 mins story is stretched to be told through 12eps
I liked the story, and the first few episodes were really interesting, the way the animosity in the beginning changes into a mysterious visions and finding a way to stop someone's death, I dare say it got all my attention.However, up till ep 6 it was acceptable pace, then it was the same episode all over till the last ep where we get a very lame reason behind those visions and a very odd explanation for not killing the ML.
As a person who likes happy ends, I was satisfied, but generally speaking, I was waiting for a reason that would make sense, supernatural or not, at least if it's gonna be like that, put some efforts in explaining it better, not just a line told by a character at the last scene.
I like the two leads, of course JJ too he always makes me smile, though his character here was really forced as if they wanted some comedy so they just put JJ character in, he adds nothing to the story except the comedic relief, but it's always a pleasure seeing this twin or half of them so nothing to complain about here ~
Was it entertaining? Yes, but also I can fall asleep while watching, the story was fine the execution was too stretched, but overall nice watch.
You can skip it or watch it it won't make any difference ~~
Was this review helpful to you?
Be that as it may, I love Force and Book, their chemistry is solid - their friendship for over 16 years IRL helps a lot- and I love to see them together again and again though this series wasn't a great improvement from the first disaster I watched for them "Enchante" except maybe here I can differentiate between them 😂 in Enchante I had hard time trying to figure out who is whom. And I wish I'll see more of them soon ... Waiting patiently for Just friends and wishing it won't be as messy as it looked 🤣😂
Was this review helpful to you?
Cute 1 min love stories ( except ep4 ... Wtf!!??)
I stumbled upon this mini series and it was so lovely.It's about a couple of minutes each, and it shows different types of love.
I like how they present the idea of "falling in love with someone who loves you back" because in real life that's very hard to find.
My favourite is ep11, mainly because I love this type of unfading love, I think it's so pure and extremely rare, and that's why I think its very beautiful.
It also had some questionable types of love that were mentioned like ep4 and ep6, also 12 I believe was somehow odd too.
But generally they are light, cute and worth checking ~
Was this review helpful to you?
I think it Could be better, the acting was good but the romance part was off, there was no chemistry between the leads but all did good in their own scenes specially HyungJin and the little child was super cute ~
beside that, nothing is worth mentioning~
Was this review helpful to you?
Proof that good acting can save a drama
It's been a while since I've enjoyed a KBL that much.I found the story full of holes, and the beginning was slightly weak, it gets better each episode till the finale which was a let down IMO.
Be that as it may, I was entertained because of the two leads (or 3 leads, let's say)
Story: I didn't understand a few things, like what happens to the original version when he time travel, like when he went back to the past, what happens to him in the present, and when he goes back to his original timeline, what happens to himself in the past after he changes it!? It's a known fact that what you change in the past affects the present so it's understandable that he can save him, but what I didn't like is the way they made him disappear in the timeline he leaves, like when he goes back to 2008, he disappears in the present like dust!! That doesn't make any sense.
Another thing is, the end, they made it very vague, unnecessarily I dare say, it felt like they didn't know what to do so they added a bunch of flashbacks and just let them meet and BOOM! Happy ending!
Acting: the reason this is one of the best KBL I've seen recently, because the chemistry and the way each actor represents his character is spectacular, the two leads were amazing, I think in "A Breeze of love" JiHan outshone JeongYou a little but here, I believe JY was amazing specially in the 4th ep, the confrontation part was great, his facial expressions and acting throughout the show was top-notch!! And of course JH was great,I mean, from the very first ep. he succeeded in catching my whole attention and gave me a few giggles too, he is adorable.
Another thing that worth mentioning, and I'm not trying to belittle any actor or series but I've recently watched another KBL (won't mention any names) with a story close to this one, but from the first episode I started yawning and I barely was able to finish the show by skipping most of it, and it was same duration as this, my point is, both dramas had a simple mediocre script but I enjoyed and rated this show much higher than the other one because of the acting, despite having no fan service here while the other show was full of them.
That been said, I admire the efforts done by the whole cast, despite the flawed script and the vague end, I wish they made it a bit clear what actually happened and tied up the end better~~
I would definitely recommend this show, it worths every second ~~
Was this review helpful to you?
LSD-enhanced Wattpad story
Oh god!! Where to begin with this review!!The opinions about this show are very polarised, you either like it very much, or hate it to the core.
The reason IMO is the genre VS the execution.
For me, it's like the first bite of a brownie offered to you on a random college party lol you start seeing smells and hearing colours, then after a while, sad reality influences your imagination and drama happens ~~
It's mainly a sci-fi story, but it was so ridiculous so we kinda roll our eyes while watching because it has no rules, and in it's core doesn't make sense, basically when something need to work out, they will make it so, if something has to get messed up to serve the plot we will make it fail so it's like the writer was high on something while writing.
Also I mentioned it's a Wattpad-like story because it mixes the obsessive ML genre with a bit of supernatural elements and some ABO vibes, you know, the "werewolves" stuff. And I read these all for the first time on Wattpad hence the reference.
I won't dwell much on the details but I'll just answer the important questions.
1- is it a good show? Tough question, it depends on your taste really!! If you simply like the mentioned genres and sub-genres above, watching it to relax and basically don't care about the silly stuff going on, just here for the fun and a hell of a lot of making-out scenes, you gonna like it, want something deep, search somewhere else.
HOWEVER liking the genres only won't guarantee liking the show, it's sudden switch from something to another, and the insertion of some random scenes makes you scratch your head a few times, also 40 episodes of ridiculous plot and random stuff can be a bit too much, and does anyone else remember that it's an incident happens on an earth-like planet that is told by a robot or something? No? Just me? Alright.
2-is it well acted? Welllll! Characters are not even great, so you can't expect too much from the actors, FL in some scenes was meh! And aside from crying, none of the leads have shown much of a facial expressions except maybe staring at each other, but the making out scenes were nice, ML was good, and I liked one side character that sadly didn't have a great end lol
3- is it worth watching? Not really, unless you want to skip the plot and watch the kissing scenes which you can easily find many edits of on social media, but of you have seen some and was intrigued to watch the whole show, then give it a shot lol you gonna find exactly that~
4- will I watch it again or recommend it? Short answer, No.
One last note, I didn't hate the experience, I just wish it was more consistent.
Was this review helpful to you?
I was entertained by the good acting and the FL character and the whole spirit exchange, I also was so eager to see how will they end it in term of the romance between the leads, because of the dilemma of being in two different times, you wouldn't want the FL to die in present and at the same time there is no way to stay with the ML otherwise.
Sadly that didn't last much, half way through and the show turned into a political game, and suddenly side characters started to have longer scenes and more importance in the story and it deviated from the romance that I was intrigued by, so I totally lost interest when it started to take itself too seriously, I was fine with the FL antics because even when she made them learn stuff from the future, they were insignificant but at some point you will wonder if her acts can actually change the future and suddenly the fun is gone~~
and even when they picked up the romantic part again, I was not excited anymore, I started skipping and just wanted to get over with.
The episodes are very long with too many things happening that I'm not interested in, so if you are not into the ancient stories or Thai historical show don't listen to the comments and give it a go, because you will lose interest once that sparke in the beginning is lost.
I'm definitely not saying this is a bad show, don't get me wrong, but I'm trying to say the show has it's own targeted audience, and if you are not one keep your expectations low, this is very long show to skip some parts and enjoy the rest.
I'm rating this low because it had some expectations that were not met, and I didn't like all characters.
Was this review helpful to you?
Kahogona Wakadanna-sama no Amayakashi Kon
0 people found this review helpful
Aside from that there is nothing, the FL idolised the ML since she was a kid, and the ML loves the FL so much so he asked to marry her.
We have these two innocent looking beautiful leads who are in love and experience life together whole supporting each other through it all.
Story is very simple, kinda no brainer, and doesn't require much of your time either.
I'd say watch it after something heavy or dark, sometimes we need something silly and light every now and then. Just don't expect anything grand ~~
Was this review helpful to you?
1