Details

  • Last Online: 2 days ago
  • Location: Uzakta
  • Contribution Points: 49 LV1
  • Roles:
  • Join Date: July 15, 2021
  • Awards Received: Flower Award1
Completed
See Your Love
1 people found this review helpful
by Yumi
Jul 6, 2025
13 of 13 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 9.0
Story 5.5
Acting/Cast 8.0
Music 8.0
Rewatch Value 10

Amazing

I have a soft spot for Taiwanese BL, somehow they succeed in making them very light and comforting.

This one is no exception, it's very light, despite having it all, drama, romance, comedy, a little bit of action too, even deep messages and trauma if you want, all whole being very short and entertaining.

Acting wise it's ok, average, don't expect some ground shaking performances, they did well enough to make it watchable and in some parts ever very enjoyable.

The story is simple, it has some very silly moments and also some deep emotional ones, Overall you can't take it too seriously I believe that's what it's all about, to show depths within the story without being too dramatic.

The few things I didn't like were unavoidable, they are literally in every Taiwanese BL I've ever seen, like shoving every actor ever acted in a BL into the series, be it a cameo or a small role,
you have BL in your résumé, you're automatically in!
Underdeveloped story and very marginalized side characters, with many illogical moments to raise an eyebrow for.

So simply put to enjoy this you have to shut your mind completely, and I have to admit this was very entertaining to me, I loved the second couple a lot and I wanted to see more of them, sadly they had little interaction except for like that last 2 episodes maybe.

If you love Taiwanese BL you'll love this one~

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Spice up Our Love
1 people found this review helpful
by Yumi
Oct 9, 2024
2 of 2 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 8.5
Story 8.0
Acting/Cast 10
Music 7.5
Rewatch Value 10
This review may contain spoilers

Very funny

If you have seen NGNL you know then that these couple were the pole of the comedy in it, their interactions were super fun and here they just raised the bar a notch and successfully delivered.

The mini series was super fun, it has a duration of a movie and they used every single minute well, acting was good, even the cringe parts were watchable and that's a good point.
We got to see the web novel everyone was talking about in NGNL and the perfect life Jayeon dreamt about, and the scene with her father sent a direct arrow to my kokoro!

What I didn't understand was the switch from YooJin to SangYi, I mean I know that Jayeon and Hajun (SangYi ver.) were end game IRL but the point in the story IRL where she had the accident and dreamt of the whole thing they were still enemies, The Real life Hajun was still the hater and she told him to go die just a few minutes ago, so it came off weird and odd that she fantasised about him.
Also due to that, now the scenes in NGNL was slightly changed or adjusted to fit her dreams, she was never "relieved" that he didn't actually die because of the truck, yes she didn't want him to die but she didn't say that she is relieved nor did she smile at him in the original series which would change the whole thing, because the first time Hajun saw Jayeon smile IRL and started to have feelings for her wasn't in the hospital so this kinda shift a lot of minor moments from NGNL that they could have skipped easily.

Overall abd despite the one point I mentioned this is very good mini drama that is very enjoyable and re-watchable.

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
"Watashi wo Moratte": Tsuioku Hen
1 people found this review helpful
by Yumi
Oct 4, 2024
8 of 8 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 9.0
Story 8.5
Acting/Cast 7.0
Music 6.5
Rewatch Value 5.0

Simple mystery

I loved how they take a very complicated but good story and make it so simple and easy to watch.
The idea isn't new by all means and despite having a dark side to it, the way it was represented was very light and not so complicated.

What I loved about it is the chemistry and interaction between the leads, I also loved their romance.

What I didn't like was how random everything was happening, while it was overly simplified, it crossed the threshold of being slightly confusing in term of what can or cannot happen with some characters.

Also the cliffhanger end is bothersome because now we have to wait for the second part to have a closure, but knowing that a second part is being released soon and almost done made it less annoying ~

I would recommend it if you like the genre but want something very light ~

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Love Punch!
2 people found this review helpful
by Yumi
Apr 30, 2026
Completed 0
Overall 5.5
Story 5.0
Acting/Cast 7.5
Music 5.5
Rewatch Value 4.0

I can see the punch, but not the love

I think the love they wanted to express here is family love, not the BL.

the reason i found this underwhelming is that it wasn't what i thought it was, because i thought it's a light bl with a side gang story, but this is about family and brotherly love with high school gang fighting in the centre of it all.

It's not a bad movie per se, just not what i expected, and i found it pretty standard and mediocre in term of everything, story is predictable, acting is ok-ish, chemistry is meh! So there is basically nothing to write home about ~

I wouldn't recommend it, but i still give my thanks to whoever subbed this movie ~

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
A Girl & Her Guard Dog
2 people found this review helpful
by Yumi
Oct 26, 2025
Completed 0
Overall 9.0
Story 8.5
Acting/Cast 9.5
Music 9.0
Rewatch Value 9.0

Adorable and funny

I love light Japanese romcoms, especially if well-acted, they are too fluffy and cute and help melting all your stress away ... At least for me.

This one tops the list.

The chemistry is great, the leads look good together and they looked their age in the movie, great casting choice, their interactions are nice, they seem like two people raised together, instead of being too stiff, their touches were too normal which is a plus.

Story, let's be honest, manga stories are just too simple, they don't need you to challenge your brain or anything, so it was very light and fluffy, the comedic touch was nice, I had a few smiles here and there, no over the top cringe acting which is rare in such stories.

Overall very light and entertaining ~

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
His Ghostly Groom
2 people found this review helpful
by Yumi
Jan 1, 2026
81 of 100 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 2.0
Story 1.0
Acting/Cast 5.0
Music 5.0
Rewatch Value 1.0
I watched the whole drama, I didn't understand a thing.

The story telling is so boring, the story itself isn't that interesting, moreover the subtitles was hideous and it made it worse for me to understand some parts, however I didn't miss much as it was pretty simple plot, it just didn't make any sense ~

Also there were too many characters, this is the most side characters I've ever seen in a vertical drama, they usually do the whole thing with just 4-5 actors, if not with the two leads only, which add to the confusion ~~

This is a BL, or tried hard to be, the two leads rely on hiding faces in necks and rolling to show intimate scenes, be that as it may, it's was fine I was interested in the ghost stories more than the intimate parts.

The two leads despite not having the best chemistry but they did their best in the show.

I don't recommend it, VD are supposed to be easy and enjoyable for a couple of hours you have to spare, yet this was boring so skip it ~

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Mystique in the Mirror
2 people found this review helpful
by Yumi
Dec 21, 2025
8 of 8 episodes seen
Completed 3
Overall 5.0
Story 1.0
Acting/Cast 7.5
Music 6.5
Rewatch Value 1.0
This tried so hard... And sadly it failed.
The story is interesting in the beginning, then somehow it gets more and more confusing and not in a Sherlock Holmes way that you have to follow the bread crumbs and arrange the puzzle to get the whole picture!
No it's in a very boring way, I almost fell asleep while watching.

The whole thing could be solved if they have shown him the video, I don't understand the need for all this encryption if they can solve all his struggles in 30 seconds.

Also you can easily watch the first episode and half of the last one and you will understand the whole story without missing a thing, which is weird considering that this should be a psychological drama with story building up and so to reach a final conclusion, but no, you can easily fill the blanks with anything after watching 1.5 episodes out of 8.

One thing I didn't understand was spoiler in the synopsis here, we all knew before starting the show that his "father" is dead which was a secret that was revealed in THE LAST EPİSODE.
Also I respect the "horror" elements they tried to include because it's a psychological drama, but they failed in this part miserably.

I mean after finishing, I don't understand the reason we have to invest all this time and emotions to follow a plot about a secret that needn't be a secret and requires only a few seconds to put this poor man out of his misery.

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
The Best Thing
2 people found this review helpful
by Yumi
Nov 13, 2025
28 of 28 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 6.0
Story 6.0
Acting/Cast 6.0
Music 6.0
Rewatch Value 6.5

Ummm

It's a very lovely series but also very flat and slow.

At first I thought it'd be something like "hidden love" fluffy, funny and romantic, but it was more like " the first frost" more melancholic and healing than fluffy, and tbh up to ep12 it was very enjoyable.

That been said, there is a big difference between showing day to day life of interesting characters and their relationship, and inserting unnecessary obstacles in the life of the leads.

Let me point out what I didn't like about the drama
1- It's unnecessarily longer than needed, we can get our happy end by ep 12 max, yet they have to show weird things and miscommunications happened between the leads to stop any type of closure just to keep the show going, which is tbh really annoying. It happened earlier with the "dad" situation that could be easily solve a whole episode of "sulking" on the FL behalf if she maybe just asked directly about the kid, but no, we have to misunderstanding the situation and get pissed off at an innocent person who BTW was still just a "friend" at this point.

2- too many unrealistic incidents, everyone is connected to everyone in a very creepy way, if I got a penny for each time the two leads meet by chance on the street, I'd be a billionaire, because that's unrealistically too many times, I know that it's supposed to be over a long period of times but still, even a stalker would have a day off or something.

3- lack of communication, I don't know what do writers love about this trope, why can't people just talk and ask questions, including the second couple here, why not just talk, instead of webbing scenarios in your mind and then acting upon it.

4- side characters' story, it was simple friends to lovers but it was pretty odd here, the drama is already longer than needed and they didn't even bother to give them a proper storyline, like they are arguing, sulking, mad, then boom! In a relationship, that happens because they talked it out but seriously?? All this building up to one moment, just like that?? I dare say if they choose the same route for the two leads story and made them talk to eachother, I bet both would get together by ep 5 or something and the drama would be done by then.

I believe this is a nice healing drama, but since I don't watch many Chinese dramas nor am I a fan of long dramas in general I couldn't help but skim through the rest of it.
Would I recommend it? I don't know, maybe give it a try, if you are a fan of Chinese drama this is nice in general but just not for me.

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Can This Love Be Translated?
1 people found this review helpful
by Yumi
Jul 29, 2026
12 of 12 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 5.5
Story 4.0
Acting/Cast 10
Music 5.0
Rewatch Value 3.0
This review may contain spoilers

Good first half, unnecessarily stretched in the second one


There is a reason i got really interested in this drama from the very beginning, which is the ML character.
I generally love SeonHo as an actor but his character here, Ju Hojin clicked with me like no other, literally everything he did and said made sense to me, there isn't one single word he said or action he did that i questioned and having the same job got me more attached to him, on the other hand, the FL got me scratching my head a few times with her emotional behaviour without thinking at all, and i was like how did you put those two together! How will they work, moreover I couldn't see much chemistry between the leads, she fitted better with other actors but i had nothing against the pair.

Also, half way through watching, i decided to check Hojin Mbti and guess what! We are one and the same ... That made sense to me tbh, and that made me more immersed deep in the show, i was literally him, trying to figure out how he will fall in love with amd stay with Muhui? It sounded impossible in my mind, there is no way these two will get together, i have to admit that the psychological issues with the FL made her character more appealing or acceptable to me, because if she didn't have that, I'd definitely just hooe for a tragic end or something, being with someone like her is literally a nightmare.
That being said, the way the continued the story really pissed me off, by the time Gurami appeared, everything went downhill! Nothing made sense, story got so random, conversations became shallow and characters didn't make any sense, why didn't Hojin tell Muhui everything? That didn't make sense, why didn't they go see a psychiatrist?? How bad is her childhood trauma that got her believing that she can't ever be loved and at the same time it can easily be cured without any medications or sessions with experts or any sort of help at all!!

The ML that i admire the most behaved in a very weird way, why couldn't he simply confess, and how come he easily believed Gurami yet he acted as if everything is fine and nothing wrong, how couldn't he tell her manager, didn't he think for a second about how dangerous that is!! And they wanted to swipe everything under the rug and make "happiness" be the cure... And let's say for the sake or argument that her being happy will solve everything, he loves her and she loves him, how come being together doesn't solve the problem, and him staying away will fix her! I mean the idea that "oh no one loves me so I'll just stay away from him till i forget everything then I'll be fine and happy again" is so stupid!! I know it's actually gurami's ideal solution but even so, if she wants her to be happy she should push them to be together that's the logical thing to do.

The mixture of F and T is so so confusing, and it annoys me very much, the idea of being driven by very strong emotions vs being a total thinker wasn't consistent throughout the show, specially when the show drags a lot for 12 episodes of basically nothing, it could be ended in like 6-8 episodes max and everyone would be more than satisfied tbh, also it's a Netflix show so i do not understand sticking to the official episodes number, and I'll not even talk about the poor SML who just got abused for 2 kisses, the guy didn't understand wth was going on and what happened yo him lol he was just there anf half of his scenes were unnecessary.
Will i recommend it? Probably, it's not all bad, but i wouldn't really rewatch it ever, so low expectations and less brain cells and you'll enjoy it ~~

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Love Affairs in the Afternoon
1 people found this review helpful
by Yumi
Mar 3, 2026
16 of 16 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 6.0
Story 6.0
Acting/Cast 7.0
Music 5.0
Rewatch Value 6.5
I vaguely remember watching the Japanese version and the movie sequel but I don't believe they were the same as this drama.

Because if I remember one thing, it's that the Japanese one didn't have a good end at all, not the show nor the movie xD and I dare say, as should be!!

I can understand how they went with the story, even the cheating characters and the reason behind it, but I can't for the life of me understand Jung Woo's wife "Min young".
Honey, if someone marries you to get your ass out of a messy infidelity relationship, and you leave this guy for 3 years alone to achieve your dreams in a another country then he asks you for a divorce! You give him one!! Because the whole "good wife" character isn't you!! You did the same before so if your husband cheated, you should not dare to act hurt or confront him and force him into a relationship with you!! You reap what you sow !!

Now for other characters
FL: coward 1 ... Because I don't think your husband being a nice guy is a reason enough to not ask for a divorce if you can't breathe without the ML... Just divorce him, because after all this mess, you will end up divorced anyway, and even if we put cheating aside, girl!! The way he treated you Vs the birds?? FFS why are you with him?? Because Nice isn't a quality enough to keep you married to him, so he treated you badly, didn't notice when you are sick or even care about you, moreover you have a sexless marriage for 3 years??? 3 FREAKIN YEARS, MATE!!! And not to mention his intrusive mother who keep stressing you about kids while it's her son's fault!! What exactly were you waiting for to leave?? What made me more furious is the fact that by the end of the series, he is now married with a child! C'mon! If you don't like your wife enough to sleep with her or she can't make you"get it up", then leave her don't push her into a marriage that is useless for both of you ~

ML: coward 2, what's keeping you in this marriage? Give me one reason to stay in it? You have never loved her, never cared about her, she belittles you and low-key ashamed of you, she leaves you behind for 3 years and come back after learning with your money to look down on you... Tell me again why are you in this relationship???

SFL: now here I kinda see a reason to stay in this damned marriage, 2 kids one of them is practically a baby, still the husband is terrible, I don't understand one thing, you were this open brave woman who cheated repeatedly with literally everyone and you were so out and about, telling people you don't even know about your rendezvous openly, then oh my god my kids!! My husband caught me!! And I can't live without them, you suddenly remember that you are a mother? Oh please!! You are a great mother for sure, but you saw that coming ~

SML: Mr. Enigma... I just don't understand him, so I'll just leave him be~

One thing I didn't like generally about this show is so many intrusive characters, like the high schooler kid? Wtf is wrong with you!! If you have a family situation just focus on your family, don't go and snoop around other people's affairs!! And the hoobae in FL's husband's office, girl get a grip!! You have this long confrontation with the FL about her husband while you practically did the same, you kissed a married guy and keep popping up everywhere he is!! So how dare you, bitch!!!

Lastly, I think this one was more sugar coated version, and slightly stretched, I don't think this needed 16 episodes it could be 12 and that would definitely be more than enough ~

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
The Wicked Game
1 people found this review helpful
by Yumi
Dec 14, 2025
10 of 10 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 4.5
Story 2.5
Acting/Cast 7.5
Music 5.0
Rewatch Value 2.0
This review may contain spoilers

Thai Soap opera style BL?

Holy mother of cliché moments, I love the two leads but out of all the bodyguard X businessman, protector X prorectee love stories, and enemies to lovers genre in general, this has a huge amount of cliché moments that are too much to turn a blind eye upon, and this is only for the BL part.
Because the show literally gives you nothing else to look for, no story, no characters worthy, no mystery or crime to be solved, just nothing.

I have to say first that the cast were great, the two leads have a great chemistry and I've been a fan since LIT, I'm sure everyone shipped each sibling with his bodyguard, and somehow all were fantastic, be that as it may, this is the only enjoyable thing about the show, and Story-wise, it's the worst.

The story was the weakest, and I'm generally not a fan of soap operas but I could stand watching some of them if it's somehow enjoyable or has some interesting things going, and I didn't know that this was one tbh, I just thought it's a normal action bl.

I mean the whole Bodyguard backstory was too much, Of course we have this multi billionaire MC, rude and broody that has a really bad encounter with the very poor Cinderella man ML, an unfortunate one mind you, where he throw some cash at him to solve the issue but the proud and dignified full of self-respect poor man refuses to take them then both of them gives e/o some life lessons, while staring deeply into eachother 's eyes - In Short each calls the other an idiot - then oh wow the poor guys saves the MC from danger and damn why is he so sexy now, time to make him my bodyguard and fall for him because the way he throw a punch makes me hard!! And omg! You're naked wearing only a towel??? I will "accidentally" fall on you ouuuuuuppppssss!!! ....

And since this is a soap opera, now everything HAS TO BE connected, all characters are connected and of course the ML saved the MC when he was a child by giving him sweets or something, so now both of them has to collaborate and expose the bad guys while saving the MC from his childhood trauma in the process, and everything surely ends with faking death, knock knock, wake up dead man, he's back from the grave.

We're still doing this ... In 2025 ... Alright...see why I'm pissed ~~

And for the sake of my sanity, I'll not talk about the funny shooting sequences, with flashlight bullets nor the Jackie Chan style acrobatic fighting scenes that only help making the actors look cool instead of being realistic, and I'll definitely not mention the plot holes and unrealistic everything.

But I'll definitely talk about the intimate flirty moments that are completely out of place and the extremely unreasonable hate and animosity between the characters, why? No idea, I know the reason but that much hate is just unbelievable.
If you hate someone THAT much, and you are that rich, just hire a sniper! Easy, clean and Gets the job done with one bullet and no traces, apparently the idea of a hitman didn't reach Thailand yet.

Also, the older brother irritated me, he keeps exploding like a firecracker every 10 seconds, mate how can you lead a company with that temper, just calm down a bit, it's not good for business, if you were my son I'd never leave anything in your hands with this temperament, maybe if you behave like a normal person for a while you will get to rule the world and whatever ~~ but the whole Queen maleficent behaviour and facial expressions don't help your case, it only makes you look more like an idiot.

I mean, after all I had Daou's captain Tsubasa haircut every other scene and his drunk antics to soothe the pain of watching this story and maybe make it more bearable but still ... I won't get the time I wasted on this show back.

Overall I think this is a let down after LIT, maybe I prefer DaouOffroad in more lighter BL than this.

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Saving My Stupid Youth
1 people found this review helpful
by Yumi
Nov 29, 2025
10 of 10 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 9.5
Story 9.0
Acting/Cast 9.0
Music 8.5
Rewatch Value 9.0
there is a lot to say about this drama because watching it was a hell of a ride so bear with me.
I have to say something first because I love school dramas that has interesting interactions between teacher and students specially if they have peculiar characters but I have to say that the first couple of episodes were such a put off!!! the most boring and messy start for a drama ever!! really I was forcing myself to watch it but by ep3 it starts to get better and the less annoying things -and characters- start to grow on you.
this drama was so funny and heartwarming, it has a realistic side where they show human weakness and fragility and how we are all scared at some point to show who we really are, but it wasn't a sad drama nor a tearjerker, I laughed a lot watching it and the funniest character has to be Kaba-san he was hilarious and whenever he is on screen I end up with a good laugh.

I didn't like the ML at the beginning and how they introduced the FL was a bit off but I blame the bad writing for making me hates them at first but I like them as the show goes on and I Iove them by the end of it.
the stories they covered and how they faced the students' problems was a bit idealistic and I'm glad it was like that actually because that's what we all hoped for.

the last ep wasn't that perfect, how they ended Hara sensei's "story" was a bit unrealistic but still I like it, it's happy and fun, I love the chemistry between the 2leads but I wish they showed more of the ML love because he was more awkward than in love I think lol

overall, a great drama, I enjoyed it Very much, I highly recommend it despite the very slow and bad start but it's worth it, I promise!

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
My Enemy Has a Crush on Me
1 people found this review helpful
by Yumi
Nov 2, 2025
19 of 19 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 7.0
Story 7.0
Acting/Cast 7.0
Music 7.0
Rewatch Value 7.0

That was sweet

Considering that this this a vertical short drama, it was pretty decent and enjoyable.

I loved the two leads they were lovely, chemistry was there, probably needs some polishing but it's a VD so careful with the expectations.

I liked "the hating game" idea i just wish it had a touch of comedy in it to make it slightly more pleasant.

Overall nice and short, even the miscommunication wasn't that hurtful or embarrassing, they played it safe, so recommended if you like BL and enjoy VD
Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
The Journey to Killing You
1 people found this review helpful
by Yumi
Oct 27, 2025
6 of 6 episodes seen
Completed 1
Overall 9.5
Story 9.5
Acting/Cast 10
Music 9.5
Rewatch Value 10

Amazing, emotional and simply beautiful

You know when a Japanese drama hits the spot!!! That's one of those magnificent ones that is perfect in all aspects.

For me, when a drama is perfect not because it's simply flawless, but because even it's faults can be disregarded, and doesn't decrease anything from it's great value.

This drama has it all, great story, awesome acting, strong leads, nice cinematography and direction is on point.

The story is very simple, and nicely represented in only 6 short episodes, the downside is that the ML's back story could be fleshed out more, just to gain a sense of connection with him, and if it wasn't just for the semi-r@pe scene in the very beginning, I'd appreciate him much more, but still, I loved him enough to wish him a great life with Odajima.

The actors were very good, chemistry was fine too, I loved them together, and no dead fish kisses was a bonus.

I just loved everything about it, a not so simple love story inside a shell of envy, jealousy and revenge. It really deserves more hype.

One more thing, I hardly notice soundtracks of the dramas I watch, unless they are really great, and I haven't been captivated by an ending song since Utsukushi kare, but here all the soundtracks even the BGM was brilliant.

As I said, everything was on point ❣️❣️❣️

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Memoir of Rati
1 people found this review helpful
by Yumi
Sep 21, 2025
12 of 12 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 5.5
Story 3.5
Acting/Cast 6.5
Music 5.5
Rewatch Value 5.0

Nice but boring

Just those two words, nice and boring.
Nothing to write home about ~

It's a nicely done series, but it was so slow and boring, I wish it only had like 6 episodes with everything happening too fast, it would show everything perfectly and wouldn't be as boring.

Cast is nice, if you like the two leads you will definitely like them here, I enjoyed watching Great, I like him but his character here was too pushy and
pliable

Story is by no mean an original, you have seen it a billion times before, and this time isn't one of the best versions either, I'm even surprised the show is over 8 but anyway ~

I won't recommend it tbh, but I don't really regret picking it up, despite skipping a lot in the second half of it ~

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?