Quantcast

Details

  • Last Online: 2 days ago
  • Location: Uzakta
  • Contribution Points: 49 LV1
  • Roles:
  • Join Date: July 15, 2021
  • Awards Received: Flower Award1
Completed
Silent
1 people found this review helpful
by Yumi
May 21, 2026
11 of 11 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 8.0
Story 8.0
Acting/Cast 8.0
Music 8.0
Rewatch Value 8.0

Beautiful slice of life drama

I'm not a fan of melodramas, specially the ones involve disabilities.
But I like the cast so I gave it a try and I dare say it was spectacular even if it's not my usual cup of tea.

The cast was fantastic in portraying their characters and their struggles, my favourite character is Minato, tbh I didn't care about the leads at all, nor any of the side characters, I was so in love with Minato and my only wish was that he gets his happy ending with a partner that would let him do what makes him genuinely happy.

Alas, they didn't show him as much in the second half, forcing me to just cheer up for the leads and ignore everyone else.
But I'm still not over Minato, he is the cutest and loveliest person I've ever saw in a drama.

The story is simple and we can easily predict it but it's not a crime mystery so we can just enjoy the ride.

I don't know if anyone else noticed that but there is one thing that I find odd, not something I hate per se, it's just made me feel slightly weird, which is the way different characters say the exact same thing in the following scene, like when they want to explain one of the character's behaviour or show what's on their mind, and in the next scene another character saying the same thing, and that happened quite a few times.

Overall a very nice drama, prepare some tissues if you are sensitive.

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Ai Mei Shi Wen
1 people found this review helpful
by Yumi
Apr 26, 2026
78 of 78 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 7.0
Story 7.0
Acting/Cast 8.0
Music 6.0
Rewatch Value 6.5

There is a reason people like this version.

Not only is it shorter and walks direct to the point, it actually has better characters.

The ML here is nicer, of course he starts as a douchebag but half way through the "a little over 2 hours" show, he reaches his redemption arc and he becomes nicer and help the FL, also we can clearly see the process of falling in love with the FL, and he calls out the SFL for her wrong deeds, as far as I remember we didn't have all that in the other version, or at least not clearly shown.

That been said, this is why I think this version is a bit bland as it doesn't differ from other shows that much, except maybe for the ML natural acting, I haven't seen him before on anything and I liked him here so I'm probably going to check out his other shows.

The FL is a punch bag in both versions so nothing to say about anything except maybe this one has different ending and better way of seeking justice for the FL against the SFL and her evil deeds.

Overall nice show, short and lighter, better or more appropriate and less repulsive ML and SML, also less screen time showing the FL being humiliated and hurt.

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Yesterday Special EP
1 people found this review helpful
by Yumi
Apr 22, 2026
1 of 1 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 1.0
Story 1.0
Acting/Cast 1.0
Music 1.0
Rewatch Value 1.0

That was completely... Unnecessary

I don't know what to say except for ... What's the point.

Aside for the not really needed fan-service ( you know what I mean) there is nothing "special" about this.
We have half an episode the two leads talking about green toilet walls, and the second half is an interview that is very boring and add nothing to the story.

The only 2 things that made me laugh was the way they ended Ken, like really!? No police and no prison or anything, no attornment or paying for his crimes just kill him off the easy way, which was already implied in the last few mins of the last episode in the show but we like to make sure he is dead so we kill him properly this time. ~~

Also I liked that Kelvin asked Veir the question I needed an answer for which is why did he stick to Kelvin and didn't run away!? Why does he even love him after what he did and how can he still be together with him!?
Sadly the answers were very disappointing and didn't make any sense so this was one of the loose ends that they tried to tie it up and failed miserably IMO ~

Aside from that, it was completely skippable, just watch it if you want to see FortPeat in some action or just love the show so much that I want to see more of the very boring life of the characters ~~

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Yesterday
1 people found this review helpful
by Yumi
Apr 22, 2026
10 of 10 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 5.5
Story 7.5
Acting/Cast 7.0
Music 5.5
Rewatch Value 1.5

Better than expected but for the wrong reasons.

I started it thinking I'm definitely going to be disappointed with something, mostly the story or the pace, and in the second episode I was so confused about the one year ago Vs Chiang Mai Vs present and sometimes in present 6 hours ago .... I mean wtf!? The jumping in timeline is supposed to make us excited or at least intrigued about what is going to happen, alas it didn't, it just made us more confused and in another time I would have skipped or dropped it but I'm kinda glad I stuck to it~~

First the story: I liked it for a different reason than i thought i would, not because it was a BL nor because of the chemistry between the leads, I just loved the whole psychological idea about Love Vs Power and how when obsession and mental issues are thrown in the mix it made everything too complicated.

This is probably the first drama that halfway through it I don't wish for a happy end.
I genuinely wished Veir and Kelvin wouldn't be together, because of the amount of pain and hurt Kelvin has inflicted on Veir.
And I understand he had his redemption arc but still I couldn't like him as much, I accept the ending but let's say, if it was a more realistic end, I'd like it more ~~

Characters are slightly odd, we have fathers that literally hate their kids lol why, no idea, and the way Veir was not so kidnapped by Kelvin, like why don't you just leave, mate? And maybe call the cops or ask you father for help!! Just do something!! Why are you willingly staying with someone so f**ed up in the head like that, and don't, please don't give me the "he loves him" reason cause I'll literally puke!!
Also, I wasn't a fan of Kelvin but I like how they made him bipolar and depressed also let's not forget the childhood trauma and daddy issues that he has, I mean with a mixture like that it's kinda understandable what he did, on the other hand, the way they made Veir so forgiving and - for a playboy- a hopeless romantic, it didn't make any sense.

I chose to write this review after watching the special episode, and despite skipping most of it, I admire the fact that Kelvin asked Veir why did he fall for him? And why is he so nice and forgiving?
Unfortunately, the writer gave us the right questions, but not the right answers!! Wth Veir? Your answers doesn't make any sense, if you had simply said "that's what the director instructed" I'd have accepted that more, but to give us no reason that would make us understand your selfless behaviour towards someone who tricked you, hurt you, kidnapped you, and was the main cause for your BFF death, not to mention causing your dad's company to go bankrupt, and guilt-trap and trick you... I can go on btw ~~ this gotta be the worst Stockholm syndrome story ever ~

Overall, I loved the psychological mix, but the overall execution had so many flaws and things that I didn't like, however I have to be fair and say that I enjoyed this show so I rated it higher than I thought I would ~~

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Countdown to Yes
1 people found this review helpful
by Yumi
Apr 17, 2026
11 of 11 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 2.0
Story 1.5
Acting/Cast 4.0
Music 2.5
Rewatch Value 1.0

Uninteresting characters in a very dull and slow story

I was waiting for something to happen but the show went on as slow as a snail with literally nothing going on.

Just two one-dimention characters going on with Their lives, and that life is very boring.
Maybe if you like very slow and simple stories that has nothing going on you may like it, but I couldn't even like the characters so I was bored to death.

It doesn't even matter if this was BL or not, the story itself is telling us nothing and that's why I was very disappointed.

I wouldn't recommend it at all, there are many other simple stories with more interesting characters than this one ~~

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
The Practical Guide to Love
1 people found this review helpful
by Yumi
Apr 16, 2026
12 of 12 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 3.0
Story 3.0
Acting/Cast 5.0
Music 2.0
Rewatch Value 2.5

Boring

That was terrible, and I'm very disappointed, specially with this cast, so you have a super fantastic Actress in the lead role and you give her that character?? Really?? Such a wasted potential.

And I only mentioned the FL cause Han JiMin is so versatile and even her bad dramas are good, but nothing can save this show!!

The thing I hated the most was how the FL behaved with the two MLs, like she was so indecisive and childish, like why do you even go to blind dates? What's the point, you literally don't check them at all!! And you don't even give them a proper No or Yes or anything, instead you just wait for them to do the next step, even with one of the dates when she wanted to cut him off, she literally asked her friend to do that for her, and when that friend didn't deliver that message for whatever reason, she went along with the second date instead of telling him that through a phon call or something, and I know it's not exactly great manners, but if you don't like someone be honest! At least stand by your choices!!

The ML was so direct, right from the beginning, but they made them take a tiny step by step, they even kissed without making anything clear! I mean, I'm not saying once they kisses it's a done deal, they can get caught in a moment or something, but when the SML directly and openly pursues her, she didn't tell him she is considering the ML, nor did she care about his effort, she just went along!! Even after she started a vague relationship with the ML she went to a date with the SML, just why? You started a stable relationship with a guy who adores you, why two timing?

I won't dwell much longer, long story short, the characters are just bad, and the FL was my least favourite if I ever had a favourite ~

Definitely not recommended ~~

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Kateikyoshi no Kishi Knight desu.
1 people found this review helpful
by Yumi
Apr 11, 2026
10 of 10 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 7.0
Story 8.0
Acting/Cast 7.5
Music 6.0
Rewatch Value 6.5
I haven't laughed that much since I've watched Joshi Kousei.
But this is even better~

It has a beautiful hidden message, a very nice advocation for studying and working hard to achieve your dreams.

The characters all are lovely and funny, the best when you have a long stressful week and decide to watch it to release some stress.

No braincells are needed, just fun and cuteness ~

Highly recommended
Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Pinanong
1 people found this review helpful
by Yumi
Apr 10, 2026
25 of 25 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 7.0
Story 5.5
Acting/Cast 8.0
Music 7.0
Rewatch Value 7.5

Not bad

I've finally finished it, I struggled through the last 5 episodes but I did it.

First of all, I've not seen the OG, so I had nothing to compare this version to, and I think that's why I rated it higher despite the negative comments here I found it entertaining.
Secondly, I like to point out that I don't watch many lakorns, but I understand they have their unique pattern, like too stretched unnecessarily, and many side characters can be killed easily, also they look like they are low on the budget with funny makeup and effects, not to mention the weak acting/editing/directing and so, however that doesn't affect how entertaining they are if you can stomach these stuff.

1- I liked the two leads and their dynamic relationship, the beginning was more funny tbh, cause the fake beard and overactive Khun Yai made me laugh so I couldn't take anything seriously and I couldn't see him scary at all also I love Toey so I enjoyed watching him in a quirky silly role.

2- nice chemistry between the leads, I don't know why some complains about the chemistry, they fit together enough to enjoy the show, one thing I didn't like was the fake kisses, I can't believe they still rely on camera angles and hair to made them look like they are kissing, but I understand that they do that in most lakorns and we still got some real light kisses too so it doesn't matter much.

3- as I said before, lakorns tend to have too many drama unnecessary making them too stretched and have too many skippable episodes which is why I struggled in the last 5 episodes, I wanted it to end at ep20 max, and it'd have too much drama already.

4- they killed many side characters, but not the ones I wanted dead lol but I can't say that's a negative thing tbh, it just bothered me a little.

5- too evil characters that tend to be unbeatable, the madam was too much, I'm thankful the overacting here wasn't too much, actually I can stomach that much, I've seen worse, but she is so powerful in a very unrealistic way.

6- too many characters in general, I don't understand why they have to cast that much side characters they added nothing to the story tbh.

Overall, entertaining lakorn, not bad but not great either, if you, like me, is intrigued by the story and like the lead then you will enjoy it ~

Final thing, I understand some people compares this version to the OG calling it worse, I wouldn't know, I couldn't find the OG anywhere to give it a try, so I respect that opinion, to each his own, but I believe this version deserves to be considered too and I think the leads did great so,... recommend show ~

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Pei Xian Sheng De Ye Mei Gui
1 people found this review helpful
by Yumi
Apr 9, 2026
72 of 72 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 5.5
Story 6.0
Acting/Cast 6.5
Music 5.5
Rewatch Value 4.5
Something about the FL kept bothering me the whole show, the way she keep seducing the ML while having this severe trauma from physical connection to men.

I understand that's how the story works and that's how she managed to get away with a new BF every month thing, but now that she already have the ML, why does she keep doing the same thing over and over.

It's kinda annoying as the ML was all patient and calm because he knows about her trauma and everything, but still she was really spoilt for someone with a painful past and under continuous bullying and extreme abuse.

By that time both leads are in love but the way she kept seducing then denying him made it look like she only want to use him, I'm not saying she should give in once he confess, instead she should stop trapping him with her charm and try seriously to get her revenge.

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
In Your Radiant Season
1 people found this review helpful
by Yumi
Apr 8, 2026
12 of 12 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 7.0
Story 7.0
Acting/Cast 8.5
Music 6.5
Rewatch Value 6.0

Slightly underwhelming

I generally liked this show, however there was only one thing that bothered me, which is the way the show focuses only on 1 couple out of 4, I understand that it's mainly about them, but the other couples stories were underdeveloped and they tried hard at the latter episodes to tie all loose ends making it a happy ending for everyone, unfortunately we were deprived from a proper storyline, and many sweet moments.

Overall, mediocre, story and everything is basically predictable, but it is a very lovely healing drama with great leads.
Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Decreed by Fate
1 people found this review helpful
by Yumi
Apr 5, 2026
16 of 16 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 8.0
Story 6.0
Acting/Cast 9.0
Music 8.0
Rewatch Value 8.0

Fantastic series with a weak story

I got too invested in this show to the point of having too many things I want to write about after finishing it, but I just don't know where to begin.

First off, I don't like the Chinese short web series because I haven't seen any good ones, basically all of them have messy stories with a billion plot holes and messy scripts, (sadly this too is included) but I've recently watched "heiress reborn" and I loved it so much so I gave my sweet CFT another shot with this web series and I'm glad I did.

I've to admit first, the story is shit!! I was lost all the time, we have conspiracies, women kidnapping, divorce journeys, rescuing missions and a search for an antidote for an incurable poison.
So basically I was watching with the mentality of, surprise me!!!!
" ok so what are we doing today in this ep? Oh, rescuing a kidnapped woman? Alright, oh the FL is trying to help some woman and that woman gave her a love potion, so we are searching for a crazy doctor? Ok, that's what we are going to do now I guess"

Another thing is shit, the way they gave us a SML syndrome, İNTENTİONALLY mind you, cause that can't be unintentional, the first half we got a FL sticking to the sml all the time, with him all lovey dovey with her and his eye literally throwing hearts at her, and let's be honest, it's CFT, who wouldn't fall for her!! I mean just look at her!! No one is immune!! But then, he isn't the ML, so half way through, enters the mostly broody and all sexy ML, so yeah she always goes back to the one she is meant to be with, and they look great together so it's a win either way, but it made the whole thing looks fake, like why did she choose the ML if all the time she is with the SML and they literally get along and fit together and all is good, like why ?? The ML saves her?? The SML did that too, they spent a lot of time together?? So does she with the SML, so there is nothing that pulls her towards the ML except that this is what the director orders them to do lol

Now aside from that, everything else is fantastic!!! Chemistry everyone is a pleasure to watch, even the side characters, this show is very unskippable, except maybe the conspiracy part, but because it doesn't make any sense tbh, more than anything.
The trio, ML, FL, and SML ... Ohhh those mofos!!! They are the best, I've never thought I'd laugh and enjoy my time like that watching these three together, and the parts where they got stuck together with this weird plant!! My god it was amazing, not to mention the parts where they got drunk, the two male leads are amazing together, they give siblings animosity vibes and I love it!!

I have to praise CFT cause I believe she was the one carrying the show, yes everyone was great but she just shines like the brightest star ever.

Highly recommended, if you just enjoy the crazy trio and ignore the story, cause it's really worth it despite everything ~~

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Apr 4, 2026
60 of 60 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 6.5
Story 6.5
Acting/Cast 7.5
Music 5.5
Rewatch Value 6.5
I feel the ML had no significance here, it's all about the FL trying her best to land a job and backfire the conspiracies happening to her.

It's not that I'm complaining, the show was entertaining specially when the FL is strong and has a solution for every trick they play on her but the romance however, is just too plain.

I would have liked it better if it's about achieving your dreams and you know working hard and so... But romance is completely weak here, and the ML appears in less than half of the scenes.

Overall nice, if you skip the forced romance here. I just didn't like the end, i don't know if the version I watched was choppy or is that actually how it ended, but it has a happy end in the novel, but nothing about what happened IRL, which is kinda weird end IMO.

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
To Love
1 people found this review helpful
by Yumi
Mar 22, 2026
40 of 40 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 5.5
Story 6.0
Acting/Cast 7.5
Music 5.0
Rewatch Value 1.0

My God, how draggy was it ~

This started off really great, nice balance between her perspective and his to start telling the story right from the beginning, their first encounter and how everyone's life got entangled.

Nice crime, great whodunit, romance too is fantastic and characters are great.
But for me it should have ended at ep 23 with ep24 them catching the bad guy and ending everything related to the drugs case and the crime case.

İt needn't be 40 episodes at all, I got bored and wanted everything to end.

I would still recommend it because it was well done, but I wouldn't blame anyone for dropping it half way~

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
The Restless Period at Night
1 people found this review helpful
by Yumi
Mar 11, 2026
80 of 80 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 6.5
Story 5.5
Acting/Cast 8.0
Music 6.5
Rewatch Value 6.5
It was nice but the version I've watched was a bit choppy and I didn't like that very much.

Still, the story was very enjoyable and the two leads were great together, even the bad characters did well.

The only thing that bothered me is despite the good acting they didn't pull off the whole crippled/blind thing that well, it was a mess dare I say, and that made the whole things even less enjoyable, since it's not a funny drama but rather dramatic.

However, I shall keep an eye on those two leads and their next work cause they were good, the ML reminded me of Pei In from some angles, and the FL is so cute ~

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Temptation
1 people found this review helpful
by Yumi
Mar 10, 2026
30 of 30 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 6.0
Story 6.0
Acting/Cast 7.0
Music 6.0
Rewatch Value 5.0

Short and fast-paced

While I like the two leads but this was a Strong FL X Strong ML duo in a very short and not very original story, so overall skipable and unimpressive.

But that is what the whole vertical dramas is about, a very compact story that is shown in a very short time with acceptable acting and good-looking cast.

And that's exactly what it delivers.

Was I entertained? Yes, will I suggest it? No.
Simply because there are better ones out there and a little too many to pick from so skip it unless you don't really care about logic ~
Was this review helpful to you?