Quantcast

Details

  • Last Online: 2 days ago
  • Location: Uzakta
  • Contribution Points: 49 LV1
  • Roles:
  • Join Date: July 15, 2021
  • Awards Received: Flower Award1
Completed
Kokoro
4 people found this review helpful
by Yumi
Jan 6, 2026
Completed 0
Overall 8.0
Story 8.0
Acting/Cast 9.0
Music 6.0
Rewatch Value 8.0

Beautiful

For a short movie, this was so beautiful and touching.

First, it's loosely based on Natsume Soseki's novel Kokoro:
I think it's only influenced by it not an adaptation or anything, and I was about to be angry when I started it and found out that it has absolutely nothing to do with the book -except maybe the love and guilt theme- because I'm a huge fan of it, but this movie was so good that I didn't care about it being an adaptation or not.

The story is painfully beautiful and the 3 actors did a great job, I usually refrain from saying anything in my reviews for short movies because it's only 30 mins, anything I say about it would spoil everything but I loved it so much.

Kouhei was so pretty, he broke my heart in the confession scene, it was heart-wrenching, the way he said those words to Takuya's character... I want to give him a hug, I don't understand how could he bear to watch him like that and leave.

Highly recommended movie ❣️❣️

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Guai Guai Ru Ju, He Shao Fang Si Jiao Chong
4 people found this review helpful
by Yumi
Aug 16, 2025
71 of 71 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 7.5
Story 7.0
Acting/Cast 7.0
Music 7.0
Rewatch Value 7.5

Light and fun

It's a nice light romance drama, I love the two leads together, the FL is so cute and have a very lovely smile.

The story is good, I didn't get the whole families thing but nevertheless it was enjoyable and entertaining.

There is nothing much to say about it tbh, it has less obnoxious characters and they don't appear much which is a plus.

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Nevertheless: The Shapes of Love
4 people found this review helpful
by Yumi
Jan 8, 2025
8 of 8 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 6.0
Story 6.0
Acting/Cast 8.5
Music 5.5
Rewatch Value 1.5

Emotional and different

Let me begin by saying that this is not Nevertheless, it's completely different from the source material and I mean the webtoon not the Korean adaptation,
So if you want to watch it because you loved the webtoon/kdrama, you will find something else.

That alone made me rate it less than I intended to, because it's not a direct adaptation, it copied a few elements from the original webtoon and the rest is new.

Now judging the whole thing starting with the changes in the story. Is it bad? Nope, not at all, I dare say it's actually a better story than the original, and if they were brave enough to ignore the source material completely and adjust the story a little, it'd be much better, hell, it'd be perfect.
Alas that it's not the case here, at some point I thought ok this is nevertheless, and in others I thought nope that's new, this state of confusion made me wonder how shall I rate this? Like should I compare it to the source or just ignore it?
To elaborate a little on this, some points that confused me a lot like the lack of attention given to the art, weird I know but they didn't explain what their arts represent, what does it means, I see some scribbles and they say wow! 🤯
Shall I be impressed now? I mean don't get me wrong but I'd appreciate if you explain more, how is this good art, why is this great, what did it represent?
Also the side stories that got disregarded after being completely presented in a very shallow way, if you don't want to show the side stories, don't! And focus only on the main characters story, I was surprised when Osakabe and Hikari disappeared suddenly, Ruki too was gone to give more space for the two leads interactions.
You don't have to burn the candle from both ends, if you can't show a character properly, don't make him a main.

So I believe the story could be much better if they just break free from the webtoon shadow, because them wanting to include elements from the webtoon (like the side stories and the main theme like the butterfly that didn't have any importance or influence on the ML nor did they give a reason of his love for them) was unnecessary.

Now I don't have any other complaints about acting or characters, the things they changed are acceptable and all actors did great.
I also - surprisingly - recommend it, if you are into this romantically melancholic stories and basically haven't read the webtoon.

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
The Prosecutor's Proposal
6 people found this review helpful
by Yumi
Aug 2, 2026
10 of 10 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 6.0
Story 5.5
Acting/Cast 8.0
Music 5.5
Rewatch Value 5.0

The greatest Korean BL is an average straight drama

İ had a theory when i started watching BL specifically korean, the reason why most of them are not that great is they had a huge label on them.
"The Queer label" i like to call it...

They have to be an art house or a personal experience instead of just being an entertaining show, they lack normal stories and natural acting, also i at some point started believing that its a quick pass to fame for some newcomers, or just to fill up some gaps in their resume because most KBL chose the least known actors or some idols from not very famous bands to act in them.

And this one here broke all stereotypes, it's a story-based show instead of relying on fan service they actually invested in the story, which was quite average story come to think of it. A detective, a prosecutor, and a crime. They connect the dots, solve the whodunnit mystery, expose the bad guy and happily ever after, actors were actually good, looks like they actually had a proper chemistry test before getting the roles.

A very very mediocre drama, the evidence started showing while watching, the person you kinda suspect ends up being the bad guy, obviously, and the mystery is easily solved with less drama.
So why am i sitting here trying to understand why everyone are so amazed and impressed by it, because it's the first KBL to have the common sense to be an straight drama, just remove one of the leads and put a female and voilà, you cracked the code! Congratulations!!

Was it a good show? Yeah it's entertaining and enjoyable.
Am i impressed by it like everyone else? Not really, it's very average, i usually judge the show as a whole, and this was an average one, a well made average drama ~

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Therapy Game
5 people found this review helpful
by Yumi
Dec 26, 2025
9 of 9 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 1.0
Story 1.0
Acting/Cast 2.0
Music 1.0
Rewatch Value 1.0
I didn't like it, I could only fully watch the first couple of episodes then skimmed through the rest.

The drama is relatively short, but somehow it got boring, story started nice, then somehow it got weird, the straight guy turn gay out of the blue while he just got out of a relationship is just too unrealistic, be that as it may the idea of bet I thought it's a nice idea for a fun short drama I didn't expect
The supposedly straight guy would be the one chasing the gay one.

Also I notice the awkwardness between both couples, I couldn't feel any chemistry in the intimate scenes between them, it felt forced and awkward.

Definitely not recommended, there are many other great JBLs worth watching than this ~

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
The Heart of Tsukuyomi
5 people found this review helpful
by Yumi
Dec 5, 2025
7 of 7 episodes seen
Completed 2
Overall 7.0
Story 8.0
Acting/Cast 8.0
Music 5.0
Rewatch Value 5.0

Chronicles of honey and cigarettes

A pure love story turned so realistic in a split of a second.

This was very lovely in the beginning, then somehow they had to give us a slap of reality in our faces, but despite everything I think it was really beautiful, tragic yes but beautiful.

The chemistry between the two leads was amazing, one of them being innocently open and the other still in the closet is very real still was it really that important to show it in this story?

I don't think so, the story itself was going in a very innocent fairytale-like direction then a fiancé and a marriage appear and everything is changed.
The reason why I don't appreciate this change is because it made the ML a bad person, a coward and somehow a jerk. İn reality it's understandable that a straight guy with a lover would be surprised if he felt attracted to another guy but to do all that in the last ep, that's just too much.

I generally liked it, but I end it feeling sorry for one character, hating the other, and confused about the third ~

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Reset
4 people found this review helpful
by Yumi
Aug 11, 2025
10 of 10 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 6.0
Story 4.5
Acting/Cast 10
Music 9.0
Rewatch Value 6.5

Crappy scenario but great at everything else

It was fantastic, a really well done show. Everything was spectacular but if it wasn't for the weird scenario and some questionable behaviour from some characters I believe it would be a 10/10 show.
I have a lot that I hated and also liked about it so I have many mixed feelings after I've finished it.

Cast:
The two leads were magnificent, they really did justice to their roles, they were amazing and their chemistry is top notch, I love Peterpan since sunshine night, and Pond since 180 degrees.
Did I ever pictured the two together? Never, which is why this was a pleasant surprise. They really have great harmony.
Characters however, were slightly off, Armin is very self centered, after coming back he acts like a child talking about the future like a crazy guy not caring about how people will think of him and for someone who is chasing fame it's kinda silly, I didn't get his contradictory behaviour sometimes ( won't say much cause spoilers) but he kept taking every support from TD without even caring enough to know who is he and why why why he is doing all that!?
And Tada, I didn't understand at first why he did all that but after a while I kind accept the reason for everything he kept on doing but seriously, I couldn't understand one thing, how was he able to completely accept Armins shenanigans about his death and the future calmly, the first thing I'd think of would literally be " oh sh!t, I fell in love with a crazy man"

Story:
Here ... We really need to talk!!
Story by itself is great, nothing original and done a billion times before, still solid! And enjoyable if done well, everyone loves a great revenge story, right?
That didn't happen here, the way the scenario goes is just weird, First few episodes were all about Armin coming back and wondering why he keep meeting people he met in his first life .... Wow! I wonder why? Because it's your freaking life, bro!!! You are supposed to cross path with them, why do you think that because you repeating your life that it would be different? And if so why do you keep talking like "in the future this will happen, and that will happen" like an expert yet be so freaking surprised to meet your ex again!!!
Also, he was so stupid regarding Yada, how couldn't he put two and two together and get that he is TD.
It's not the proof is in the pudding moment, you just have to use 2 brain cells to get that.
There are a few other things that I also didn't like, like how the bad people are only threatening everyone without actually doing anything, maybe Ren did something about Thiwthit at the end, that's just messy writing.

Now I myself am confused, did I like this drama or not, I believe I did, it's just like, eating your favourite dessert after being in the fridge for a while, you know there is something wrong with the taste but still enjoying it 😂😂 weird comparison I know but you get my point.

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
When It Rains, It Pours
4 people found this review helpful
by Yumi
Jul 19, 2025
7 of 7 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 9.5
Story 9.0
Acting/Cast 10
Music 6.0
Rewatch Value 7.0

Loads of raw emotions

This was brilliant!
It's not a simple story about desire or sex, it has too many layers of emotions and feelings that are lost between lovers.

Characters are too complicated, you feel them and understand the frustration of wanting what you can't have, the feeling of missing a piece of a puzzle and the need to fill it's place.

The two leads were the missing piece of each others life.

Cast was amazing, chemistry was great and the whole thing was perfect.
It's like a sleeping volcano that erupted suddenly after being calm and silent on the surface for ages.

Highly recommended ❣️~

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Turn to me Mukai-kun
4 people found this review helpful
by Yumi
Dec 7, 2024
10 of 10 episodes seen
Completed 1
Overall 3.5
Story 1.5
Acting/Cast 6.5
Music 1.5
Rewatch Value 1.5
This review may contain spoilers

What's the point

I watched the whole thing without even knowing what's the point by the end of it.
Now it's not the first Japanese drama I watch that ends with a vague open end, I don't mind that and I'm fine with it but seriously this one isn't it.

The genre, romance and comedy are non existing, it's just a slice of life with barely any life lessons, just confused people thinking and talking about their failed relationship,
Do they figure out what went wrong? Nope
Do they learn anything from the experience? Nope not really.
Do we learn anything? Not even the slightest, it's really confusing.

I understand that the main theme here is adult relationships, they mentioned that many times but still it's about confused adult that somehow trying to understand what they want in life and in love and by the 8th ep and after one of the side stories character have a long monologue about marriage and kids they finds out that they will always be confused about life and there is no way you'll find your answer in life, you just have to life it come what may, well guess what!? EVERYONE KNOWS THAT!!! Thank you for teaching nothing.
For a "slice of life" drama it was not very eye-opening.
For a character like Mami, she is the most annoying character ever btw, she started off married, and she just keep complaining and acting like a Bi**h to her husband then get a divorce then end up together with her husband... Honey that's just married with extra steps, extra unnecessary and annoying steps, you are just a spoiled brat! Get over yourself!

For Mukai, my sweet confused boy, I totally and completely didn't sympathise with him lol like bro what do you want? They literally gave him many options, the one that want to have fun with no commitments, the one who want to be serious about marriage, a girl that wants the normal relationship with the typical steps, and another that want the full baggage, and you leave all that to fall for a girl that doesn't even want you and end up being the same as you were. And you say character development?? Bi**h where!!???

Long story short, My main problem with this is it felt like a loop, all the characters are at the same spot in their life - except maybe Kouki san- by the end of it.
Making me wonder why did I spend all that time watching it.

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Your Arrival Coincides with the Spring Time
3 people found this review helpful
by Yumi
Feb 11, 2026
61 of 61 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 6.5
Story 6.5
Acting/Cast 7.0
Music 6.5
Rewatch Value 7.0

Such a sweet couple

I believe the two leads can act in any vertical drama and make it good because of their chemistry and how sweet they are, the only thing I don't like -just a general issue- is that they always casted in "Uncle romance", or what we call age-gap romance.

I don't know if they have other dramas with different genre but the ones I've seen are like that.

Story is not great so you will only continue because of the performances, be that as it may it was really sweet, MeiMei is cute as always, I just wanted it to be shortened a little, the whole accident and prison escape was completely unnecessary IMO.

Generally good, if you want something light with nice leads

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Zai Ba Yue Sheng Xia
3 people found this review helpful
by Yumi
Feb 10, 2026
100 of 100 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 2.5
Story 1.0
Acting/Cast 2.5
Music 1.5
Rewatch Value 1.0

Boring

Very slow and boring, a typical ex-sweethearts getting back together but poorly done.

The two leads had one facial expression the whole time, I like the FL and I've seen 3 dramas for her with a similar situation where she is denying her love, be that as it may she wasn't that great here.

I don't know the ML and I wasn't impressed, story is slow and I fell asleep twice while watching for two nights, I decided to watch it during the day and still found it boring.

Not saying it's unwatchable, but definitely not my cup of tea~~
Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Love Track: Minji Minji Minji
3 people found this review helpful
by Yumi
Jan 15, 2026
1 of 1 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 8.0
Story 8.0
Acting/Cast 8.5
Music 7.5
Rewatch Value 7.0
Cuteness overload!!

This is the cutest story ever! The two leads were adorable, the FL was super cute!!

It's a simple highschool crush story with two very lovely leads, and I totally understand why this is the favourite story for most people.

I think this one of my top 3 in the whole love track stories ~
Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Mr. Right around the Corner
3 people found this review helpful
by Yumi
Dec 31, 2025
80 of 80 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 6.0
Story 4.0
Acting/Cast 7.0
Music 5.5
Rewatch Value 6.0
10% story, 90% romantic making out.

The whole show is about the couple making out in a very intimate and suggestive way. Chemistry is skyrocket, this is the first show I watch for this couple despite knowing them from edits and reels, I believe they are engaged IRL which is a plus for their chemistry and nature touches.

It's basically a guilty pleasure, because there is literally nothing happening, it's very romantic and sweet show with nothing going on so if you are into this type of things, this is for you.

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Dead or Love
3 people found this review helpful
by Yumi
May 22, 2025
8 of 8 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 9.0
Story 6.5
Acting/Cast 9.0
Music 8.5
Rewatch Value 9.0

Watch it for Narimiya Hiroki

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I will watch anything, literally anything with Narimiya Hiroki in it and I'll enjoy it!!
That's how much I LOVE him, I'm incapable of hating anything he is in it, I can't, I just can't.

Now I'll try to be honest here this drama isn't by any mean the best of it's kind, nor a fantastic drama that you must watch, it won't change your life or anything it's a plain psychological drama that you can totally skip and sleep well at night.

Acting was spectacular as expected, Hiroki shines in his role, this guy has been away from acting since about 2016 and HE STİLL HAS THE KNACK OF İT, now I can't really judge other characters since the drama is basically on Hiroki's shoulder but the reporter stands out, he was fantastic.

The story was nice, no mystery here, pretty predictable and nothing to look forward to. Nevertheless, it's not as boring as I've seen in the comments, it may need to be a little shorter like 6 episodes would have been perfect but 8 aren't considered bad since we needed a lot of backstory for literally all the characters and I believe if it was any shorter we might complain about the lack of backstory for some characters but all I'm saying is we can do without a few unnecessary scenes here and there ~

My overall rate is heavily influenced but that doesn't mean it was a bad drama, I would recommend it. I watched the whole thing without skipping while being on a drama slump so that means something, however, I understand if some found it boring or slow, it is to some extent but personally that wasn't enough to put me off.

Welcome back Hiroki San ❣️❣️

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
I Wanna Punch That Scumbag!
3 people found this review helpful
by Yumi
Jan 9, 2025
10 of 10 episodes seen
Completed 1
Overall 4.0
Story 3.5
Acting/Cast 6.5
Music 5.0
Rewatch Value 1.0

I am still waiting for that punch

Ok this isn't what I expected, and not in a good way.
This is supposed to be a rom-com, it's more of a sport drama with a rom side story, the beginning was funny and some characters were written literally for comedic relief but somehow in the middle they got too seriously responsible and start giving life lessons.
What I loved about the drama was the FL and how she is so resilient and strong-willed, her whole journey and the lessons we can learn.
Also the importance of moving on, losing a person or being the cause of if is difficult, still we have to eventually move on with our lives.

What I didn't like was literally everything else, the ML character is terrible, I know he's been through a lot but that doesn't give him a pass on the pain he inflicted on others, hurting someone isn't an excuse if you have a sad backstory, the whole time I was waiting for the FL punch to come, yet I was surprised by the bizarre romance, the FL is supposedly different from her mother and sister, she is the mind while they are the heart, but to fall in love with a jerk who used you just because he has a sad past is just too stupid, just make her a hopeless romantic like her mum and I'll believe it. Also where is the punch?? He deserves one even if you fall for him, a deal is a deal!
Also this is supposed to be a rom-com, with sport side genre maybe or even a main one but this is too dramatic, it's about suffering and loss, nothing to laugh about here.
The last 3 EPs or so were all over the place, the whole time skip is just unnecessary, and the ML change of heart towards the FL makes me want to seriously roots for Uba, I'm on the same page with the FL sister on this matter.
Finally, I wouldn't recommend this drama because despite being a good one, it got a little boring by the end, and the story isn't that great anyway also the rom-com is very light and only in the first couple of episodes, the rest is pure sport drama.

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?