Quantcast

Details

  • Last Online: 8 hours ago
  • Location: over the rainbow
  • Contribution Points: 11 LV1
  • Roles:
  • Join Date: August 22, 2024
  • Awards Received: Finger Heart Award2 Flower Award2 Clap Clap Clap Award1 Emotional Bandage1 Reply Hugger1 Soulmate Screamer1
Completed
Decreed by Fate
2 people found this review helpful
15 days ago
16 of 16 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 7.5
Story 6.0
Acting/Cast 8.0
Music 7.5
Rewatch Value 7.0
Throw logic and plot out the window. Add my least favorite tropes: love triangle, noble idiocy, fake amnesia, a childish FL (although in actual age, she was older than the ML), and misunderstandings because people don't know how to use their words. Stir and serve half-baked, because there was no ending for this drama. It just stopped at a cliffhanger (with no season 2 in sight). And, yet, I didn't hate it!

The Good:

• Li Jiu Lin was easy on the eyes. He doesn't have the pretty idol boy face; his square jaw and more masculine features were a nice change.
• The bed scene with the husband and disciple was unique and amusing. The petty jealousy between the two was entertaining. Their chemistry may have been better together than that of the ML and FL.
• The love triangle was well done with all three acting decently toward one another. The FL's daydreams of the three of them living together in wedded bliss were amusing.

The Bad:

• Shame on the person who styled Li Jiu Lin's wig. Those face-framing tendrils kept moving about. Sometimes they were in the hairline where they should have been, but there were other times they were glued onto his forehead like aberrant hair fountains trying to escape. And they were so long and stiff. I was constantly concerned they were going to get into the FL's mouth or eyes. They really had a life of their own! I almost feel as though they should have been included in the credits: Aberrant Hair Strands played by Shoddy Wig.
• The editing was poorly done. There were a number of times when it wasn't obvious if the action was happening or it was a flashback or a dream. It felt like scenes were cut and left on the editing floor that would have made the drama less choppy.

I added a half star, because a drama that can rise above all the issues it had and still entertain me deserves it.

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Miss Night and Day
2 people found this review helpful
19 days ago
16 of 16 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 7.5
Story 7.0
Acting/Cast 8.0
Music 7.5
Rewatch Value 5.5

When 28 is Immature and 50 is Over the Hill

I was ready for a light romcom, but never trust a K-drama! A silly premise can lead right into a body-dismembering serial killer. I wasn't prepared for angst when I had set myself up for mirth.

The Good:

• Shoutout to Baek Seo Hoo who was adorable as the idol. I enjoyed his scenes and friendship with the elderly FL. Kudos to him for being smarter and more accepting than everyone else. Sweeter and cuter, too.

• The parents weren't horrid people. I enjoyed the FL's relationship with her father.

• Lee Jun Eun was entertaining as the FL's older self. She was delightful in the karaoke scene.

The Bad:

• As much as I like Jung Eun Ji (the actress is endearing) and Choi Jin Hyuk (he reminds me of my dearly beloved), the story and characters irked me. I detest lies, and there wouldn't have been much of a story without layers of lies and deceptions, even when the truth often would have been the wisest choice. Unfortunately, Jung Eun Ji's character was the sort of female lead I dislike most: mumbling or nonresponsive, evasive, passive, dishonest, and stupid. If a serial killer asked you to meet in private at a secluded place, would you blithely go without first contacting someone? As for Choi Jin Hyuk's character, he was supposed to be a first class prosecutor. I expected him to figure things out much sooner than he did. Pink backpack, hello?!

• The romance part of the romcom was severely lacking. Also, is it love if you can't trust your partner with your secrets?

• Age discrimination was rampant throughout the drama. A person in her 50s was treated as if life had passed her by and she had no worth. I've known people who lived viable lives into their 80s as important members of their communities.

• There was the mandatory K-drama breakup, time skip, and bad last episodes.

If you're looking for light and fluffy, pass on this one. If you want romance, look elsewhere. If you want to watch an older actress shine on screen, give this a try. The drama wasn't bad, but it was disappointing because I expected much more because I love the cast.

I added a half star for the actors. They did their best with a muddled script.

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
My Royal Nemesis
2 people found this review helpful
20 days ago
14 of 14 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 8.5
Story 7.5
Acting/Cast 9.0
Music 9.0
Rewatch Value 8.0

Delightfully Funny RomCom That Loses Its Way at the End

My Royal Nemesis took tired cliches and transformed them into pleasingly familiar tropes to be appreciated. Viewers were treated to all those things we've come to love about K-dramas: the music, scenery, family relationships, and romance.

The Good:
• The leads were wonderful together.
• This was definitely a case of Reduce, Reuse, Recycle. The reduced 14 episodes told the story without getting too caught up in peripherals, as so many longer dramas do (although, it could have cut out the FL's rival and rival's mother, the ML's two aunts, and FL's best friend at the very least). It recycled and reused freely of K-drama tropes:
• The White Truck of Doom foreshadowed the inevitable with its initial appearance.
• How would we know if our couple was falling in love without falling particles? The petals of tree blossoms showered down on our couple as expected, but that wasn't all. We were also treated to bubbles, snow, frost, and confetti. I don't doubt there were more floaties that I missed.
• I relished the music. Of course, Melomance from Business Proposal played, and I heard a song from Itaewon Class, too. I'm sure there were more that I didn't recognize, but they felt familiar.
• Product placements were loud and proud but done in an amusing manner that gently poked fun at the practice.

The Bad:
• Both main leads were on fire at the beginning of the drama. As it proceeded, they lost their drive and personalities. Some of their transformation was understandable, but the changes were too abrupt, and they nearly became unrecognizable.
• Tension and momentum were broken by Grandma's bus trip. It was so long and unnecessary. A drama that started strong began to bore me. The story came to a screeching halt just as things were getting interesting.
• The drama worked best when it stuck to comedy and teasing parody. When it tried to become a tearjerking melodrama, it lost its way.
• The set parameters of how the soul switch worked got messy at the end and didn't follow the rules of what had been established.

All in all, it was a pleasant throwback to romcoms of previous years, and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. It could easily have received a much higher rating if the tone at the first of the drama remained strong and true to the end. Unfortunately, it didn't, but it was still worth the watch.

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
The First Jasmine
2 people found this review helpful
Aug 20, 2026
40 of 40 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 8.5
Story 8.5
Acting/Cast 8.5
Music 8.5
Rewatch Value 7.5

Those Were Scary Monkeys

Bai Lu did a masterful job of playing the kind, broken-brained killer, Ye Li. She had solid reasons for her revenge, and I wanted her to succeed in unraveling her four little death dolls, even when I was concerned her actions would cause her to self-destruct.

An arranged marriage paired her with an equally traumatized individual, Mo Xiu Yao. He had every reason to question why he'd been paired with a politically volatile wife; his life had been made miserable by the Empress Dowager, and she'd been the one to assign the marriage. Ryan Cheng shone in his portrayal of a bitter, suspicious husband. The struggle for him to accept and understand Ye Li was the most engaging part of the drama. I especially enjoyed when he was secretly observing Ye Li: his quizzical looks when she was talking to herself; his amused looks when she was being endearing; and his tender looks when she was interacting with his family.

Many dramas instantly "heal" trauma when the protagonist faces her fears and embraces reality. Ye Li confronted the horrible truth of what had happened to her, and she accepted that she'd led a life of fantasy in order to cope; she would be able to maintain a seemingly normal life (with the support of loved ones) from then on. But she was far from normal. As long as she had the love of Xiu Yao and life went well, she could function well. But nobody better impinge on her loved ones, or I believe her psychopathic tendencies would lead her to remedy the problem by making them fertilizer for her flowers.

The OST was outstanding. I loved the song song "Love isn't Just Romance."
https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=hlFJ6UlqrCc

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Marry Him in Her Place
2 people found this review helpful
Aug 20, 2026
24 of 24 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 7.0
Story 6.5
Acting/Cast 8.0
Music 8.0
Rewatch Value 5.0

Ryan Ren Smolders

I needed a short palate cleanser after long dramas, and Ryan Ren's tiny dramas fit the ticket. In this one, Ryan Ren did what he does best: look dangerous and kiss passionately.

Liu Nian was stunning in her chunky heels and gorgeous Qipaos. She's a tiny thing; Ryan Ren could pick her up and carry her about with one hand!

The less said about the plot, the better. The noble idiocy wasn't noble, but it scored high in the idiocy range, as an anonymous phone call would have accomplished the same without instilling angst and hatred. But that would have forced the writer to come up with a different scenario—wait, what am I saying? A writer? I don't think so. These Republic Era shorts are all cut/paste from other dramas. No originality needed. Writers optional.

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Circle of Love
2 people found this review helpful
Aug 14, 2026
24 of 24 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 7.0
Story 7.5
Acting/Cast 8.0
Music 7.0
Rewatch Value 5.0

Love Hurts

I love the Republican Era for the sets, fashion, and neon, but I wish they were less titillating and had better story lines. Maybe I just haven't found the right ones yet. This did offer a compelling couple with plenty of chemistry. I'd love to see them star together in something more substantial. Both lead actors suited their roles admirably.

Circle of Amnesia, er, I mean Love, put the FL through horrible memories, total amnesia, reverse amnesia, and then full memory again. Every time she got Whack-a-Mole'd, she'd have a different personality: sweet, young girl; hardened assassin; helpless victim who grew into a more confident woman; back to innocent, young girl again; and, finally, murderous avenger.

ML was shockingly cruel and violent, but his downfall was that he was a habitual liar. If just once, he'd sat the FL down and told her the truth, there might have been a different ending than the Circle of Bullets. And what the heck was that time skip after the ending about? I despise time skips, but this one was beyond weird and unnecessary. Know when to stop, director.

Watch if you want to watch two attractive people with chemistry, and your cringe level is high.

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Moonlight Mystique
2 people found this review helpful
Aug 14, 2026
40 of 40 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 8.0
Story 8.0
Acting/Cast 8.5
Music 8.5
Rewatch Value 7.5
This review may contain spoilers

Beautifully Packaged Angst

As much as I adore watching Bai Lu onscreen, I developed compassion fatigue in this drama. The actors were fabulous, the visuals were superb, and the music was outstanding, but my heart can't take that much angst.

The Good:
• Color was a visual cast member. The sets were every color but beige, and the costuming was rich in jewel tones. The CGI was pleasing purples, teals, and blues. Even the FL's magical fulfillments left her with sparkling multi-colored eyes.
• The costume designer draped the actors in exquisite clothing and accessories. Kudos to the actresses who played their parts seemingly effortlessly in heavy wigs and ornaments, and mad respect to the actors who avoided getting impaled with all the hairpins each time they hugged the actresses. They were forever in danger of losing an eye!
• A pleasing OST enhanced the drama: the relentless "Flowers Fall Without Trace," and the plaintive "Under the Moon" and "Embrace and Never Let Go" complemented the scenes.
• I'm forever indebted to the writer for making the main couple steadfast and trusting of one another. Even when people tried to drive a wedge between them, they believed in each another.
• Ao Rui Peng's voice was dubbed by voice actor Wai Wai, and what a beautifully deep tone. I'd watch this drama just to hear that rich voice!

The Bad:
• Too much angst. Do you love that character? Well, I've got bad news. Everyone dies. Repeatedly. There's very little breathing room from one anguishing situation to the next. The only death that gave me relief was when Mo Li commented the Lanling immortal was too noisy and quieted him permanently. He was such an annoying character! It's the one time I could get behind a villain's actions.
• The ML was powerful and dynamic in the beginning, but he got relegated to a supporting role after he and the FL got together. His role changed from dangerous Demon King to being beautifully bedfast or being hugged while dying. I'm exaggerating but not much.

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Fangs of Fortune
2 people found this review helpful
Aug 7, 2026
34 of 34 episodes seen
Completed 2
Overall 8.5
Story 8.0
Acting/Cast 8.5
Music 8.0
Rewatch Value 8.0

Hou Ming Hao Was Riveting as a Demon

Fangs of Fortune was a found family of humans, gods, and demons fighting against outward evil and inward trauma. They came together to save the world while overcoming their internal hatred, misunderstandings, guilt, loss, and cowardice.

The Good:
• Hou Ming Hao had an excellent portrayal of a sympathetic demon. His expressions were spot on and he emanated an other-worldly aura that was fascinating to watch. Then he'd switch from his commanding presence to faux-roar at Bai Jiu just to see him scream and jump for his amusement. What a nuanced, memorable character.
• I hadn't really noticed Tian Jia Rui in any previous dramas, but he could certainly cry on cue, and his tears flowed from exquisitely beautiful eyes.
• It was a visual feast: the cast, the sets, and the costumes.
• Some excellent music. The song about the bird with the broken tail traumatized me, and the fight music was equally effective.
• I generally skip the intros (after the first episode) and outros, but this had the cutest cast dances during the credits. So fun to watch the villains dance and cavort!

The Bad:
• Too many tears. I'd expect demons and demon hunters to be a bit more stoic, but they cried incessantly: when sad, when regretful, and even when eating porridge. I give it to the cast: they were all prolific, excellent criers.
• The angsty scenes were excruciatingly long to the point that they didn't ratchet up emotion but left me saying, "Die, already."
• The stupidity factor was high. When a demon hunter was reviled and hated by the public, the team thought it was a good idea to take him into the midst of a crowd. I kept thinking they couldn't be that stupid—they had to have an alternative scheme—but, no, they were that foolish.
• I hate when the villains refuse to stay dead.
• Fangs of Fortune had so much going for it, but I never really connected with it the way I should have. It was like a fabulous feast that smelled delicious and looked amazing, but it just didn't suit my taste.

For those traumatized by the ending (all of us?), please watch the special episode of the drama afterward for a bit of hope.

I added a half star for Hou Ming Hao's demon portrayal.

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
The Blood of Youth
2 people found this review helpful
Aug 5, 2026
40 of 40 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 8.0
Story 8.0
Acting/Cast 8.0
Music 8.0
Rewatch Value 7.0

Needed More Bald Monk

The Blood of Youth was a friendship adventure series full of the exuberance and bravado of youth.

I watched Dashing Youth before this, as it is the prequel even though this was made later. I'm glad I did it that way, as I was somewhat familiar with the characters. It was sad to see some of my favorite characters diminished by loss and time. Baili Don Jun was no longer his carefree self. Sikong Chang Feng had lost his wandering spirit and grown into a capable, mature leader.

Was it just me, or did the two MLs and two FLs feel mismatched romantically? Young and sassy Sikong Qian Luo felt more appropriate with silly, outgoing Lei Wu Jie; elegant Ye Ruo Yi suited reserved Xiao Se much better. I never understood their romances, but I can say the same about couples I know in real life! Thankfully, romance wasn't the focus—brotherhood was.

I was mesmerized by the character of Wu Xin. He needed a larger part in the drama. I missed him when he wasn't part of the action. I'll have to check out Liu Xue Yi's other work. If he's that mesmerizing bald, imagine him with hair!

All in all, a fun romp in the wuxia world.

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Pursuit of Jade
2 people found this review helpful
Jun 26, 2026
40 of 40 episodes seen
Completed 3
Overall 8.5
Story 7.5
Acting/Cast 9.0
Music 8.0
Rewatch Value 7.5

A Visual Treat

Zhang Lin he and Tian Xi Wei were captivating on screen. Any other man wearing ginormous pheasant feathers could have looked Dr. Seuess-ish, but Zhang Lin He looked majestic with the feathers waving in the wind when he triumphantly entered the city on his horse. That visual may be worth watching the entire drama.

The villains were mesmerizing in a unsettling, dangerous way, but they still managed to evoke enough humanity and brokenness that I couldn't help but empathize with them (but they needed to be dead, asap). I'm going to have to look for further dramas featuring Deng Kai and Lin Mu Ran.

The entire cast was excellent. I especially enjoyed the village scenes at Lin'an. The community felt authentic. I missed when action was moved from the village to other sites, because I missed Uncle and Aunt Zhao, the neighbors, and the restaurant staff. The drama suffered when it strayed from Lin'an.

If I have a quibble, it's that the huge build-up of political intrigue which drove the entire drama resolved itself in a relatively quick whimper instead of a bang. But I didn't watch the drama for the court conspiracies. I watched to see an orphan girl fight her way from poverty to success, and that was achieved.

I'm adding a half star for those pheasant feathers.

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Jeongnyeon: The Star Is Born
2 people found this review helpful
Jun 18, 2026
12 of 12 episodes seen
Completed 2
Overall 7.5
Story 7.0
Acting/Cast 8.5
Music 8.5
Rewatch Value 5.0
This review may contain spoilers

Gukgeuk Is Fascinating

This is hard to rate for me. Let me list the good and bad and go from there.

The Good:
• I like Kim Tae Ri, and she does a fine job here. So does the entire cast.
• The drama subverted my expectations; I never really knew where it was going.
• Jeongnyeon introduced me to pansori and gukgeuk, which I found fascinating and extremely interesting. So much so that I looked up the history of each. Pansori was storytelling with one singer and one drummer. It could be as long as EIGHT to TEN hours long. These productions were very limited; twelve are known, but only five have been passed down. Gukgeuk was an all-female performing troupe that performed pansori with costumes, acting, and sets (similar to opera), but in a shorter form more palatable to the audiences of the 1940s and 1950s.

The Bad:
• I found it hard to sympathize with Jeongnyeon when she was suffering at her worst. When your best friends beg you not to strain your voice, when your mentor warns you against overusing your voice, and common sense tells you not damage your voice, then I guess you live with the consequences when you disregard them. The drama lost me at that point, and my enjoyment decreased greatly. I'd been in Jeongnyeon's corner up to that point, even though she should have been booted out of the company numerous times for her antics (self-centered grandstanding onstage), but that was it for me. Seriously, she was an exhausting character: stubborn, strong-willed, irrational, and inconsiderate. Even so, I liked her!
• The drama subverted my expectations; I never really knew where it was going. When a drama introduces a main character early on, I expect something monumental to happen with that character. Jung Eun Chae played Moon Ok Geong beautifully—easily one of the most memorable characters of the drama—but then she just disappeared and was never heard from again. As for the ending, the bad guys won; the good guys lost. Everyone was to be scattered, and that was presented as a happy ending.

Final analysis: it's worth the watch to see the performances of gukgeuk.

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Revenant
2 people found this review helpful
Jun 7, 2026
12 of 12 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 7.0
Story 6.5
Acting/Cast 8.0
Music 7.0
Rewatch Value 5.0

Teens Should Never Be Ghosts—Imagine Perpetual Adolescence *shudder*

Horror isn't my genre of choice, so take that into consideration. I liked the actors, the ideas, and the general set-up. However, for only 12 episodes, it wandered and squandered all that initial goodness. It bogles the mind how repetitive and non-productive a drama can become in only 12 episodes. I thought shorter dramas would fix the that issue, but it isn't necessarily so. The writing needed to be tighter. Honestly, if I'd been the vengeful ghost, this drama would have concluded in one episode. What's the point of being omnipotent if that potential is wasted?

I added a half star for Kim Won Hae. He's such a versatile actor. His role touched me the most.

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
The Best Thing
2 people found this review helpful
May 13, 2026
28 of 28 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 7.0
Story 7.0
Acting/Cast 8.0
Music 8.0
Rewatch Value 5.0

The Best Thing for Pure Romantics

I realize I'm missing the romance gene, but it still bewilders me that this drama is rated 8.7. I generally need something to accompany the romance, if I'm to enjoy the drama. Pure romance is like bitter medicine to me; I need something sweet like mystery, murder, or mayhem to choke it down.

The Good:
• I was interested in the bits with Traditional Chinese Medicine. I can see where Western medicine would benefit from a partnership with a philosophy that doesn't rely on harsh drugs and surgery.
• This was a pretty drama. The leads were beautiful, the scenery was attractive, and there were flowers galore. Plus, everyone had magnificent bookcases.
• The families were sweet and mostly supportive.
• The dreaded time skip actually made sense in this drama, as it was planned far in advance.

The Bad:
• TBT was slow, glacially slow. I can't even call it a slow-burn romance, because it rarely ignited. I don't think the couple got together until the 20th episode, then it wasn't long before the FL left the country and ML was left to write heartfelt letters to her.
• I don't have patience with people who aren't truthful and/or can't speak up. For heaven's sake, professional people in their 30s who deal with the public on a daily basis should be able to talk.
• The misunderstandings drove me wild, because all it took, in nearly every case, was one simple, short question to clear it all up: "Do you have a boyfriend?" "Are you a father?" That's all it takes. It's not hard, folks.

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
The Potato Lab
2 people found this review helpful
Apr 27, 2026
12 of 12 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 7.5
Story 7.5
Acting/Cast 8.0
Music 7.5
Rewatch Value 6.0

A-peeling RomCom

I was looking for something light and funny. The Potato Lab promised laughs. What are my tots on the drama?

The Good:
• Kang Tae Oh. I've viewed other dramas with him as a supporting character, but he never made an impression on me. I think I need my eyes checked: I never realized how attractive he was until now. Very charismatic. Such a spud.
• I'm not a fan of slapstick, but I love understated throwaway lines like the FL asking the ML if he had a flashlight, and ML smirking and asking, "How many lumens?" I would have watched the drama just for that line, but I am a former flashlight fanatic (reformed now, because I've given everyone I know a handheld flashlight, keychain flashlight, and headlamp; besides everyone's phone has a light now—even my watch has a light).
• I enjoy dramas with small, tight-knit communities: they're warm and quirky. And nosy! I liked the villagers a latke.

The Bad:
• I enjoyed seeing Kim Ga Eun, but her character's relationship with the FL's brother wasn't believable to me. I liked both characters, but I didn't like them mashed together.
• Speaking of the brother, how is a 30 year old man still considered a child? When the ML tried to take him under his wing and help him run his business profitably, it was irritating that his sister undermined his efforts to grow up. I also hated how disrespectful and violent she was in dealing with her younger brother. She was living rent free in his house, eating his cooking, and benefitting from his cleaning. She needed to respect him as an adult. Yam I right?
• Why can't a K-drama end well? Why is a stupid time skip necessary? And the woman always has to improve herself. I mean, I'm in favor of self-improvement, but I implore the writers to be a bit more creative—it doesn't have to happen in every drama, for Pete's sake. At least, she didn't leave the country. The last episode had good visuals but a disjointed ending.

To re-hash, Potato Lab may not have been all that and a bag of chips, but I wouldn't hesi-tater to recommend it for someone wanting a nondemanding romcom.

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?
Completed
Romantics Anonymous
2 people found this review helpful
Apr 5, 2026
8 of 8 episodes seen
Completed 0
Overall 8.0
Story 8.0
Acting/Cast 8.0
Music 8.0
Rewatch Value 6.0

Sweet and Comforting Like a Piece of Rich Chocolate

Romantics Anonymous was short, warm, and filled with gentle lessons. The ML and FL were afflicted with psychological issues. He suffered from OCD, fear of germs, and an inability to touch or be touched by others. The FL had an intense anxiety disorder which kept her isolated from most people.

The Good:
• I liked that the drama didn't throw a switch to "cure" everyone. People with mental issues are rarely healed instantly; it can take years or be a lifetime endeavor. It was gratifying to see our ML and FL learn how to cope and live more successfully even while struggling with their afflictions.
• The last episode made my heart glow. I'm talking about the scene after the competition, not the bizarre last couple of minutes.
• Chocolate. It played a nice supporting role. The visuals were mouth-watering.
• No evil villains, although there was an overbearing CEO and the mandatory relative trying to take over the company. As that's a requirement of every business in drama, and this was rather tame, I overlooked it.

The Bad:
• The second couple's story didn't resonate. It needed more development. Or less. I don't quite understand the need for a back-up couple in every drama, but if they were going to intrude, their story needed to be fleshed out.
• What the heck was that ending? Yamaguchi Kentaro and Song Joong Ki in a cameo? It didn't belong. I guess Vincenzo conquered Italy and South Korea and wanted to add Japan to his territory. Totally ruined the good feelings the drama had going and ended on a "Netflix has too much money and not enough good ideas" vibe. Cameos should be inserted earlier in a way that doesn't negatively impact the story. I didn't mind Song Joong Ki's cameo in The Queen of Tears, but this one was bizarrely random.
• Once the couple confessed, there wasn't any dating or day-to-day interactions. Saranghae, and that's the end, practically.

I awarded an extra half star for the supportive message of accepting others where they are in their life's journey and trying to help them overcome the rough spots in life we all experience.

Read More

Was this review helpful to you?