Book is always the weakest link in anything he's in. Force is not exactly a powerhouse of acting, either, but…
I loveeee Mark! Nick is my favorite character.
I definitely don’t think a show like this needs to be campy or have humor, that’s not the tone they’re going for. They want melodrama. I also enjoy watching shows with characters you love to hate. The problem to me is that forcebook’s chemistry and acting level are seriously lacking compared to everyone elses. It throws everything off bc we’re not sure what the director is trying to convey with the couple. Are topmew awkward intentionally or is it just their acting? We can’t tell so it messes with our perception of the show
I think it’s to show that ray frees him from his everyday routine, and gives him something special that only they share. He shows him that’s there’s more to his life than just the grind.
I think it’s to show that ray frees him from his everyday routine, and gives him something special that only they share. He shows him that’s there’s more to his life than just the grind.
Did anyone else peep the “do you know who your father is?” Convo? I literally shivered bc my mind immediately said oh GOD what if they make them brothers
I hate to say it but book really is the weakest link in this show. He’s wonderbread. I would love for his character turn out to be the one that surprises us all the most, but I don’t see that happening. Mew is a character that really needed to be played by someone with a lot of charisma.
Also I feel like I’m not hating top nearly as much as some of y’all 🫣 idk if I’m just hypnotized by force but he seems genuine in his affection for mew (even if he is a liar). I think they come off as awkward bc they’re two people who have never really been in a real relationship trying to play house.
Neo remains my favorite one to watch, he’s just so much fun to hate.
I think a lot of people want Mew's character to have a twist to at least let book not act another ''bland'' role...…
Yesss people stay saying that mew is going to turn out to be the worst of them all or have some ulterior motives bc he seems so off, but I think that’s just Book’s acting range 😭 I mean we all remember his scene with khao from last week.
I actually think force is doing a good job portraying a fuckboy at the opposite spectrum of neo’s. He can look so icy
Ooo Neo is carrying this show for me. First and Khao's scenes are so amazing and sugary sweet, but i'm always looking forward to Boston's more. Also super impressed by mark. he can convey so many emotions with one look and I feel like Nick and Boston are the two characters that seem the most realistic. I can feel the storm brewing inside Nick, baby boy is about to snap.
I'm also enjoying Force's performance. he's definitely not on the same level as firstkhao or neomark but he's very believable in the way he's playing his role. I genuinely buy him as the alpha male everyone either hates or adores bc he seemingly has everything.
the only person Im not sold on is book. the drastic difference in performance in any scene he has with khaotung is so jarring. I get why he was cast as forcebook is a pair, but its obvious he just doesn't have the acting range to portray a character like mew, who is supposed to be so alluring and charismatic that he captures the attention of the 'top' guy. I cant help but wonder how different the character would be if it was played by someone like Mix
Perth is doing too good of a job cause I hate Kang. And no his rescuing Sailom at the end doesn't make up for…
yeah this was a moment of realization for kang but he's not redeemed in my eyes at all. I hope they don't rush the romance either. I want kang to see the errors of his ways, but it also wouldn't be realistic if his entire personality changed overnight. It needs to be a slow burn
okay the only one who lee jun should actually be with is walking green flag Hyunjae, but sadly we know his fate is sealed. I'm lowkey shipping HJ with Simeon now though, they have good chemistry. Speaking of, the actor who plays simeon's veneers are SO distracting anytime he's on screen they're the only thing I'm looking at. I think I had to watch every scene he was in twice lmfao
I totally get why people are saying its slow, but the hour flew by for me. i'm in love with the cinematography and the acting really impressed me. I cant believe this is from the same studio as step by step the differences are night and day.
I mean "bland lead character who somehow has everyone interested in them" has been a staple in rom coms forever.…
I mean yeah its definitely a rom com it says so right there in the bio. not to mention it's full of many of the cliches rom coms traditionally have (compare this to say happy ending romance). now whether or not you actually find it funny is another story lol. like I said the writing is not the best so obviously that's going to reflect in the execution of the script.
and sorry I wasn't necessarily saying it was a sniff kiss, just that in other societies things have different meanings and are expressed in different ways. if I saw my boss in public id say hi and that would be the end of it, but in asian societies it's customary to bow otherwise you could cause offense. I just always try to keep in mind that as an international viewer there are going to be little cultural nuances and differences.
So happy others can already see what a wonderful and talented actor Perth is…and he is only 21!
love by chance was one of my first bl's and I know it gets a lot of criticism but I always enjoyed Perth's performance there. even crazier bc he was so young when it aired
I definitely don’t think a show like this needs to be campy or have humor, that’s not the tone they’re going for. They want melodrama. I also enjoy watching shows with characters you love to hate. The problem to me is that forcebook’s chemistry and acting level are seriously lacking compared to everyone elses. It throws everything off bc we’re not sure what the director is trying to convey with the couple. Are topmew awkward intentionally or is it just their acting? We can’t tell so it messes with our perception of the show
At least that’s the way I interpreted it :)
At least that’s the way I interpreted it :)
Also I feel like I’m not hating top nearly as much as some of y’all 🫣 idk if I’m just hypnotized by force but he seems genuine in his affection for mew (even if he is a liar). I think they come off as awkward bc they’re two people who have never really been in a real relationship trying to play house.
Neo remains my favorite one to watch, he’s just so much fun to hate.
I actually think force is doing a good job portraying a fuckboy at the opposite spectrum of neo’s. He can look so icy
I'm also enjoying Force's performance. he's definitely not on the same level as firstkhao or neomark but he's very believable in the way he's playing his role. I genuinely buy him as the alpha male everyone either hates or adores bc he seemingly has everything.
the only person Im not sold on is book. the drastic difference in performance in any scene he has with khaotung is so jarring. I get why he was cast as forcebook is a pair, but its obvious he just doesn't have the acting range to portray a character like mew, who is supposed to be so alluring and charismatic that he captures the attention of the 'top' guy. I cant help but wonder how different the character would be if it was played by someone like Mix
and sorry I wasn't necessarily saying it was a sniff kiss, just that in other societies things have different meanings and are expressed in different ways. if I saw my boss in public id say hi and that would be the end of it, but in asian societies it's customary to bow otherwise you could cause offense. I just always try to keep in mind that as an international viewer there are going to be little cultural nuances and differences.