An interesting interview with Director Tee about what investors usually ask for BL series: https://x.com/durkhheim/status/2093023781568803227 It seems to me that things have been a little better now ? We have a little more complex stories, even more dramatic. But still it's true that the male lead not "being too feminine" is still there though. And considering how Little Jane is viewed by majority of BL viewers, I can see why investors might still think that way;
it doesn't come out of nowhere. it comes from behind on a road where you can expect cars and trucks. Sorry, just…
I was joking too lol But oh well... Apparently replying to a joke with a joke is a problem now in MDL. I'll just block anyways. Thanks for your perspective and nice words.
it doesn't come out of nowhere. it comes from behind on a road where you can expect cars and trucks. Sorry, just…
Indeed I don't follow all the series made by the United States. There is a whole world besides them you know ? I guess we're not the right target audience. Third world talking there.
"I asked him to marry me and a truck came out of nowhere."
it doesn't come out of nowhere. it comes from behind on a road where you can expect cars and trucks. Sorry, just need to bring some valid constructive criticism there.
I love Dan. He's a nice guy. He's so sweet. And I love Jet too. Such a nice brother. And P'Jane. Such a gentleman. Very kind, generous, so selfless. Put. I love Put. Such a great best friend. Little Jane is so lucky to have all those kind and nice people around him. This series is such a great series about the wonders of sweet love, great friendship and wholesome family. It puts a smile on your face every friday. Don't miss it. You'll feel so happy after. A great stress-relief.
Ok. Joking aside, episode 11 will be like coming back and remembering the first part of the series. It can really be a nice "touch". We'll see how this is handled, but the piano scene with LJ is telling me that the key to memory will be that piano music, maybe ? I don't know. Melancholy and sadness. I cannot wait ! And I cannot wait to see them dancing again !
If the series is different from the novel, that means we can have a sad ending right ? Please give a tragic ending. Be dark romance until the end. No romcom. No happiness. No sweetness. Nothing. 😭 Episode 12 : they both died. THE END.
I'm so used to be stressed and anxious and frustrated. This episode was a piece of cake for me 😭Really this reminds me of Bollywood storytelling with lot of plot twists etc. Entertaining. If you like soap-operas, you'll like this one too.
The piano scene and the scene where LJ finally learns to say "no" are my favorite from this episode. Breathtaking ! I will miss a lot this series when it ends !
In fact, the series adaptation follows another perspective. It's not the same as the novel. Until you don't understand…
I'm also understanding a compromise as a true one. Not one character (usually Little Jane) accepting everything the other one does or says in the end. Little Jane then won't be a total people pleaser. He will not accept what Big Jane does or says automatically. He will dare to pursue his dream at some point. Big Jane won't be always selfish. He will learn to be selfless (only) with Little Jane.
In fact, the series adaptation follows another perspective. It's not the same as the novel. Until you don't understand what is that perspective, your expectations won't match and you'll be disappointed.
- The first misconception : forgetting that an adaptation is an interpretation of the work they're adapting.
The series is not the novel. It's an interpretation of it with another perspective. An adaptation made by anyone who consider themselves as an artist won't made a copy. They are not a photocopier. They will inevitably propose their view at some point.
- the second misconception : failing to see that this series is not about "they shoud not get together" (and then taking sides, often for Big Jane, less often for Little Jane).
This series is basically talking about second chance. Is it possible to come back from a toxic relationship and start anew with the same person ? All the plot in fact, is about that. Can they compromise with those "flaws" ? Can they find a balance making that relationship still viable ?
I don't know how to feel after the first episode; it's well-made no denying it but I feel no connection with the world described or with the characters. It's like a dead world. Sadly, I have to drop this already even if I really want to like it.
https://x.com/durkhheim/status/2093023781568803227
It seems to me that things have been a little better now ? We have a little more complex stories, even more dramatic. But still it's true that the male lead not "being too feminine" is still there though. And considering how Little Jane is viewed by majority of BL viewers, I can see why investors might still think that way;
Episode 12 : they both died. THE END.
Little Jane then won't be a total people pleaser. He will not accept what Big Jane does or says automatically. He will dare to pursue his dream at some point.
Big Jane won't be always selfish. He will learn to be selfless (only) with Little Jane.
- The first misconception : forgetting that an adaptation is an interpretation of the work they're adapting.
The series is not the novel. It's an interpretation of it with another perspective. An adaptation made by anyone who consider themselves as an artist won't made a copy. They are not a photocopier. They will inevitably propose their view at some point.
- the second misconception : failing to see that this series is not about "they shoud not get together" (and then taking sides, often for Big Jane, less often for Little Jane).
This series is basically talking about second chance. Is it possible to come back from a toxic relationship and start anew with the same person ? All the plot in fact, is about that. Can they compromise with those "flaws" ? Can they find a balance making that relationship still viable ?