Quantcast

Details

  • Last Online: 3 hours ago
  • Gender: Female
  • Location: London
  • Contribution Points: 0 LV0
  • Roles:
  • Join Date: February 15, 2020
Replying to Fourthaxis • Apr 19, 2022
Thanks! That's a great trick. Sadly these days, I watch dramas while doing some other action so I barely get to…
Why 'sadly' ? If you understand the dialogue without reading the subtitles surely that is a good thing. I tried to do ironing while watching a slow drama but it didn't work, went back to listen to music on YouTube.
1 5
Replying to bbiibyxx • Apr 19, 2022
I also think it's imortant that translators should keep the hyung/unni/oppa, ect I saw this one post that was…
From a Distance, Spring is Green - I watched this drama recently and when he called him 'hyung' and he turned around, it was so heart warming as they couldn't connect for a long time before this moment. Luckily I watched it on Viki, not Netflix.
5 1
Replying to SeikaRin • Apr 14, 2022
This is so true, accept failure in order to achieve success and learn how to self-love is something everyone struggles…
I liked the way they've dealt with preconceived ideas like, if you have money, you have no worries but the same people have to admit that money can't buy everything, ie, friends, a happy, loving family. At the end of the day, no one has it all, no matter how many smiles they show everywhere they go.
1 0
Vintania • Apr 14, 2022
That advice at the end about writing a personal portfolio I found very useful for young people as it puts some order in their thoughts about themselves and it can be changed at any time as they develop further in life.
0 0
emma • Apr 14, 2022
I love your conclusion : "every 20-something year old in the world has absolutely no clue of what they're doing. Even the fictional ones."
0 0
SeikaRin • Apr 14, 2022
I liked this drama, a two day easy binge watch, I liked the way they wrapped it up at the end and the idea of a personal portfolio, now that should be mentioned and promoted to every young adult because, frankly, the most difficult thing is to get to know yourself, acknowledge your strengths and weaknesses.
2 2
the_sapio_nerd • Apr 14, 2022
I just finished this drama which left me with a smile on my face in spite of some of its shortcomings.
Thanks for explaining so many things I wouldn't have worked out myself otherwise.
3 1
Marshmallow-Chocoholic • Apr 13, 2022
Review Soundtrack #1
Love reading your reviews, however, I must disagree with your opinion about the 'restricted time space' for such an easy subject - two old friends end up together as lovers. As as I'm a newbie in the world of dramas, I find myself yawning at so many of them that could have been so much shorter, this one, as 'short' as it is, could have been made to 90 minutes, the classic time length of a film.
As I'm part of an older audience, I can assure you that I've seen memorable films in that 90 minutes frame. Length has nothing to do with the quality, if you're a good producer, you will be able to choose a good script/subject that will keep the audience glued to the screen and make them rave about it to their friends later on. This one, though, how do I recommend it to my friends, what did I get out of it ? Pleasure while watching it ? It was very slow because it didn't have much to communicate, I watched the first three episodes to give it a chance but then the last one I had to do a double speed, especially since I knew exactly from the first episode what the end will be.
2 2
Replying to Elena • Apr 10, 2022
Review The Oath of Love Spoiler
I filled that gap watching The Brightest Star in the Sky - not bad, although I'm not interested in the details…
Yes, I have to agree with that , the oompf had gone when she woke up.
0 0
Replying to Architectofnonsence • Apr 9, 2022
They are devoted fans of Xiao Zhan's who even when you compliment him on other dramas but this one they consider…
I often feel sorry for good actors who don't have much saying in how a drama is directed, even if it looks good on paper, sometimes the finished product doesn't live up to expectations.
1 1
Replying to Architectofnonsence • Apr 9, 2022
They are devoted fans of Xiao Zhan's who even when you compliment him on other dramas but this one they consider…
Not a fan of his looks (but he looks great in historical ones) or music so, I'm totally unbiased, this Oath of Love was on first page on Viki for so long, I thought I'll give it a go.
I much prefer to rewatch Legally Romance, for example than to carry on with this one, have you seen it ? If you didn't, I recommend it, it will take away the bitter taste this one left for you.
1 3
lauren • Apr 9, 2022
The beginning of the 5th episode went so far from my expectations in terms of reality, I had to stop and watch something else. Nothing is more precious than time, this is a zero stars drama for me, I won't include it in my list. Thanks for a good review, much appreciated.
1 0
Architectofnonsence • Apr 9, 2022
Terribly sorry for the way you were treated, you don't deserve it, on the contrary, we need more people like you. This drama disappointed me so much, I'm now looking to read only the 'bad' reviews. As far as I'm concerned, this drama should only get 6-7 stars maximum, to give it so many 10s, it's unthinkable, I don't understand who is watching this to be so enthusiastic about so many faults in it.
3 6
Replying to Luckyforever • Apr 9, 2022
Totally agreed, waste of time watching this..Plenty of much better slice of life c dramas are available to watch..The…
I watched the first 4 episodes today and at the start of the 5th I gave up, there is nothing in it to keep me going. 8-9 episodes to see if it's going somewhere, but it wasn't, no need to feel guilty about stopping.
I recommend Legally Romance - now that's something to keep you interested.
1 1
Replying to Shiro • Apr 9, 2022
Dubblespeed is your friend, you can do it!
Double speed is for dramas that have something valuable somewhere in there in all those dozens of episodes, I watched 4 episodes and started the 5th, absolutely abysmal. Dropped it, people say it gets boring in the second part - now, that's incredible to me, I find it lacking in all departments.
0 0
Replying to Desert92309 • Apr 9, 2022
I too feel this drama would probably ok with only half the episodes. The plot was not interesting enough to have…
I filled that gap watching The Brightest Star in the Sky - not bad, although I'm not interested in the details of the entertainment industry, it was fast paced so I didn't get bored. Legally Romance is one of my top favourite dramas, absolutely delightful.
0 2
ChineseDramaFan • Apr 5, 2022
Gosh, you said it all ! What an amazing drama, what an amazing review, both executed to perfection.
Ten stars, both of you !
2 0
Replying to guggle121504 • Apr 5, 2022
yes ... I totally agree with youneither they were together nor they were happy in their present lives........that…
That's right, what was it with her being on her own after deciding to break up with him because of the long distance relationship ? Not worth thinking about it, the story seems to have been written by different people and badly stitched together.
0 0
Replying to sruthi_rocksin_pink • Apr 5, 2022
Haha! Thank you. I liked it so far. I honestly just wanted to share my review and didnt wanted to rate it but…
Finished ! I gave it a 6 because I enjoyed watching the last 4 episodes where the fencing and endless chatting stopped and it became a normal drama, in my opinion. People are disappointed with the end, I'm not, I expected it.
But, friend, I'm curious as to what your impressions are after the finale ?!
2 3
Plumsweets • Apr 5, 2022
What have I just read ? A masterpiece ! You are amazing, which proves how bad Korean scriptwriters are. And they get all the fame and the money ? Not fair, not fair at all. Where do I complain ?! -:)
3 0