Quantcast

Details

  • Last Online: Aug 25, 2026
  • Gender: Female
  • Location:
  • Contribution Points: 0 LV0
  • Roles:
  • Join Date: July 25, 2016
Replying to Mcmr • May 10, 2024
+ the leads were quite toxic but it was completely brushed over. I wouldn't have minded if they were MEANT to…
Well, she did do all of the above, no need to sugarcoat it. And you forgot to mention the one (or was it two?) instance when she hit him. Had I been a prosecutor, I sure would have tried her for this.

All in all, both ML and FL sucked, but ML was just unlikable, while the FL was toxic; there lies the difference between the two.
4 2
Replying to Mcmr • May 9, 2024
+ the leads were quite toxic but it was completely brushed over. I wouldn't have minded if they were MEANT to…
These characters aren't realistic, so I cannot buy it when the makers try to make them appear vulnerable. That's
what the top comment called out, how superficial their characterizations were. The ML's job, and the FL's disability felt like props more than anything.

Now tell me, how isn't the FL problematic when she's 1) falsely accused the ML of trying to coerce her into sex, 2) stalked the ML's ex to her hotel room, 3) hit the ML, 4) planned to coerce the ML into a long distance relationship without his consent and knowledge after they got engaged.

I'm sorry, but the fact she never had to atone for all of the above makes her relationship with the ML feel quite unequal. Why is he always the one catering to her needs (not that he was a prize himself)?
5 4
Replying to Mcmr • May 9, 2024
+ the leads were quite toxic but it was completely brushed over. I wouldn't have minded if they were MEANT to…
But the thing is that they ARE being represented as role models!

Both are the best at their respective jobs. Both actively participe at the development of their hometown. Both are painted as quite desirable (they are the ones who end up rejecting their respectives love prospects). Both are filial. Both are super well-read (and will quote famous authors at random).

Aren't they exactly what the Chinese censorship seeks to promote as leads?

Once again, I wouldn't have thought twice about the "why did you try to force me?" scene if both characters had not been picturized as being so upright.
4 6
Replying to Mcmr • May 9, 2024
+ the leads were quite toxic but it was completely brushed over. I wouldn't have minded if they were MEANT to…
Ok, thanks for the clarification. I'm not a native English speaker so I guess it was lost in translation. I thought you were implying I am toxic since I perceive the leads as such lol.

Anyway, my issue with this drama is that it tries to paint the characters as positive and inspirational and thus doesn't fully acknowledge their failings. If the director/writer committed to depicting a realistic relationship with imperfect people, I wouldn't have had any issue with it. But they attempted to paint both the FL and ML as role models, which clashed with the absurd way in which they kept behaving.

The FL did so many nasty things but gets a fairytale ending and never has to pay the price for all the damage (mental and physical) she's inflicted on the ML. I am sorry but the way she acted was beyond disgusting.
9 8
Replying to Little Orange • May 9, 2024
When did they get together?Any breakup?Happy ending?
Personally, I didn't like it. I feel like the director/drama didn’t deliver on their initial intent/premise.

But the show has been quite popular with viewers, so my opinion is definitely unpopular. And I have to admit that the drama does some things well (the directing and editing are good in the 1st half, cinematography is gorgeous throughout, the show tackles some very interesting themes, there are solid performances from some supporting characters)

I'd say to give it a try and watch a few episodes as you may end up loving it.
1 0
Replying to JRgowda • May 9, 2024
Please go back to watching cringey shit. This drama has better script and understanding of life and characters…
Lmao, yet another one who resorts to personal attacks because someone dares having a different opinion 🤣 Is it that hard to be courteous?

What if she rated 6.5? I myself rated it lower lmao

The director did manage to create a pleasant visual experience (the cinematography was gorgeous at times), but he was just trying too hard to seem deep which created many situations/dialogues that were out of place. I'd recommend you watch Meet Yourself or My Liberation Notes (if you haven't had the chance to check them out yet) to see how it's done.
12 0
Replying to Mcmr • May 9, 2024
+ the leads were quite toxic but it was completely brushed over. I wouldn't have minded if they were MEANT to…
" it is all in the eyes of the beholder, as the saying goes each sees the world not the way it is, but the way they are."

This was a bit below the belt lol
2 10
Replying to Mcmr • May 9, 2024
+ the leads were quite toxic but it was completely brushed over. I wouldn't have minded if they were MEANT to…
Yeah, let's just agree to disagree I guess. I do stand by what I said though as the FL clearly exhibited toxic traits/behaviors (her constant dishonesty being one of them)
5 0
Replying to Mcmr • May 9, 2024
+ the leads were quite toxic but it was completely brushed over. I wouldn't have minded if they were MEANT to…
And btw, no need to get personal just because I disliked this show 🤣 But hey - you do you
4 12
Replying to Mcmr • May 9, 2024
Title Will Love in Spring Spoiler
+ the leads were quite toxic but it was completely brushed over. I wouldn't have minded if they were MEANT to…
If the FL falsely accusing the ML of forcing her to sleep with him is not toxic, then I don’t know what it is...
Or perhaps running away to Shanghai and imposing a long-distance relationship without informing him beforehand (even though they are engaged) is not toxic? And let’s not forget that she physically assaulted him too.

I used this word on purpose because it applies to this FL.
16 4
Replying to Mcmr • May 9, 2024
Copy pasting some of my previous answers to similar queries under spoiler tags below(the drama is not without…
Thanks for the rec! I will give it a try 🤗
1 0
Replying to Mcmr • May 8, 2024
Title Will Love in Spring Spoiler
The ML was super unlikeable, but the FL was even more toxic lol. This girl will get more ridiculous as the show…
Let me tell you that she'll do something even worse than that! She's really toxic to the core
4 0
Replying to BB78 • May 8, 2024
you just need to listen to the intro song or ost or whatever you call it to know its a high quality drama! im…
Did you ID the intro song by any chance? I LOVE it!
1 0
Replying to Little Orange • May 8, 2024
Title Will Love in Spring Spoiler
When did they get together?Any breakup?Happy ending?
1. I don’t remember when they got together, sorry
2. Yes, there will be a break up (won't last too long though)
Edit: In fact, they'll break up twice at least
3. Yes, happy ending (ML and FL end up together)
2 2
Replying to Eeevo • May 8, 2024
Too much screentime given to his granny
Totally- she was serviceable at best
2 0
Replying to mrvalgard • May 8, 2024
Title Will Love in Spring Spoiler
11eP: fr he reject her every time, and get soft towards her only in his head, and out of nowhere accuse her of…
The ML was super unlikeable, but the FL was even more toxic lol. This girl will get more ridiculous as the show goes on
11 2
Replying to Sady • May 8, 2024
6.5 from me. It felt quite superficial to me.
+ the leads were quite toxic but it was completely brushed over. I wouldn't have minded if they were MEANT to be toxic, but the way the story was told made me think that their behavior was somewhat socially acceptable. It was not romantic/wholesome at all, and def lacked depth. Dialogues were clunky and unnatural, ML didn’t act well, director favored style over substance, some side characters (like the FL's brother, grandma Lin) didn't add anything to the drama, pacing wasn't great...

Honestly, the only I watched till the end was because I liked the teenage versions of the leads, the FL's sister, the FL's best friend and Cui Ge (the TCM doctor)
15 19
Replying to Lotti • May 8, 2024
I expected something great due to the reviews, but it turned out to be disappointing and very insensitive towards…
This drama also kept glorifying abuse and was quite nonsensical at times. I am surprised it was such a critical hit...
9 0
Replying to Mcmr • May 8, 2024
Copy pasting some of my previous answers to similar queries under spoiler tags below(the drama is not without…
Thanks for the kind words, and apologies for the very late reply (got very busy with life).

I don’t have a list per se, but my fav cdramas are as follows: The Story of Minglan, The Story of Yanxi Palace, Oh My General, Court Lady, The Sword and The Brocade, The Legend of Shen Li, Meet Yourself, Joy of Life, Sword Snow Stride, and Mysterious Lotus Casebook
0 2
Replying to Mcmr • Aug 15, 2023
Copy pasting some of my previous answers to similar queries under spoiler tags below(the drama is not without…
Thanks a lot for the link and for this explanation 🥰
1 5