According to online reports. This drama has passed censorship and been reduced to 25 dramas. Pending a proper synopsis, this description was provide by google AI: “The upcoming Youku contemporary legal thriller Prosecutor (Chinese: 追诉) follows a high-stakes investigation that reopens a closed family annihilation case.”
Fingers crossed Youku will provide proper english subs. Guo Qi Lin was EXCELLENT in the five star 2024 action/thriller…
Pleased to report the english subs are fine. Loved episode one. One note: In episode one when Mao Er Ze was stammering before every one a graphic appeared beside a man who was listening. The graphic was untranslated but that graphic identified the man as Er Ze’s father. FYI.
Everything was fine until the last 10 minutes of episode 2 with the kdrama mandatory FL gets bombed and passes out scene. One of my detested tropes along with noble idiocy. With the lab gang I got I AM NOT A ROBOT (2017/18) vibes but the INAR gang was swifter than these guys. Overall I enjoyed the first two episodes.
Fingers crossed Youku will provide proper english subs. Guo Qi Lin was EXCELLENT in the five star 2024 action/thriller drama from Youku: ESCAPE FROM THE TRILATERAL SLOPES. Looking forward to his performance in this totally different role.
Completed FORGING JUSTICE tonight. I give the drama credit for tackling the subject of the establishment of the criminal justice system in China. I learned a lot. The actors all gave fine performances. However I found the ending unsatisfactory. The whole plot line about Lawyer Qin Zhi Gao and his family situation could have been eliminated and not impacted the story at all. It was a constant distraction. The main cases seem to drag too long and then the elimination of one of the main leads. The writer did that character (and actor) wrong. All that being said I rated FORGING JUSTICE 8 stars.
Fingers crossed this iQIYI Suspense Theater drama will receives proper subs.
Just checked out the beginning of episode one. English subs seem fine. (I will proceed to iQIYI’s THE OLD STORY OF YU HONG after I complete Youku’s COLD HUNT. )
I just finished episode 26 tonight. FORGING JUSTICE is definitely not a rush job. Documentary-like is a good description.…
MITM’s subtitles were provided by a fan. Youku dropped the ball on this important drama but was wise enough to incorporate the fan’s subs. That is why the locations on maps are identified. Heads up. If you decide to watch don’t miss the material at the end when the end credits start to roll. There are subbed audio recordings from the war crimes trials in the Soviet Union where the Japanese war criminals convict themselves with their own testimony.
I think this sort of drama is the sort that is used as a teaching tool. someone here describe it perfectly, it…
I just finished episode 26 tonight. FORGING JUSTICE is definitely not a rush job. Documentary-like is a good description. The drama follows our 5 young law students from the time of the introduction first comprehensive criminal code in China in the late 1970s (effective date Jan. 1, 1980) into the 1990s leading up to major revisions in 1997. That is where I am in the drama. We are in the 1990s by now. One of the surprises to me is how the drama acknowledges injustices committed by the state (police, prosecution and judiciary).
As an aside, Jiang Ji Ming, who I have enjoyed in THE LONG SEASON (2023), TO THE WONDER (2024), ESCAPE FROM THE TRILATERAL SLOPES (2024), LET WIND GO BY (2024/25), and MAN’S INHUMANITY TO MAN (2025) may have the toughest role among the Main Leads because his character is generally unlikable. He is doing a great job and has been consistently unlikable for 26 episodes lol.
Finally started Youku’s COLD HUNT tonight and watched the first two episodes. The first two episodes lay out the cases in each timeline 1999 and 2012. I am looking forward to the future episodes.
The screenwriter is why I was initially drawn to COLD HUNT. I have delayed starting because I jumped onboard ABYSS.…
@Wonderheq I loved ABYSS. A great addition to iQIYI’s 2026 Suspense Theater dramas. At the beginning because of the number of cases a lot of characters are introduced so you have to get a handle on that.
SONG OF THE SAMURAI combined 8 episodes is available (as indicated above) on HBO Max US.
I watched the 2 episode prequel which I found interesting but at 90 minutes each a bit of a plod. I have now watched 2 episodes of these 6 and it’s unfortunate that so many main characters are presented as unhinged, wackos.
Pending a proper synopsis, this description was provide by google AI:
“The upcoming Youku contemporary legal thriller Prosecutor (Chinese: 追诉) follows a high-stakes investigation that reopens a closed family annihilation case.”
One note: In episode one when Mao Er Ze was stammering before every one a graphic appeared beside a man who was listening. The graphic was untranslated but that graphic identified the man as Er Ze’s father. FYI.
With the lab gang I got I AM NOT A ROBOT (2017/18) vibes but the INAR gang was swifter than these guys.
Overall I enjoyed the first two episodes.
(I will proceed to iQIYI’s THE OLD STORY OF YU HONG after I complete Youku’s COLD HUNT. )
Heads up. If you decide to watch don’t miss the material at the end when the end credits start to roll. There are subbed audio recordings from the war crimes trials in the Soviet Union where the Japanese war criminals convict themselves with their own testimony.
As an aside, Jiang Ji Ming, who I have enjoyed in THE LONG SEASON (2023), TO THE WONDER (2024), ESCAPE FROM THE TRILATERAL SLOPES (2024), LET WIND GO BY (2024/25), and MAN’S INHUMANITY TO MAN (2025) may have the toughest role among the Main Leads because his character is generally unlikable. He is doing a great job and has been consistently unlikable for 26 episodes lol.
I have now watched 2 episodes of these 6 and it’s unfortunate that so many main characters are presented as unhinged, wackos.