Quantcast

Details

  • Last Online: 5 hours ago
  • Gender: Male
  • Location:
  • Contribution Points: 0 LV0
  • Roles:
  • Join Date: February 17, 2024
Replying to Pro Bono • Nov 12, 2025
Title Pro Bono
Replying to deleted comment
I don’t see where availability on Netflix is a done deal yet. As of today Pro Bono does not appear coming soon on Netflix US.
1 1
On Dead End • Nov 7, 2025
Title Dead End
Through episode 14 and iQIYI’s DEAD END is a worthy addition to the Light On crime drama series. Terrific performances all around but particularly leads Liao Fan and Yin Fang.
Aside:
Twice I have visited mainland China on tour and both tours included a home visit to a family in a Beijing hutong so I am familiar with this type of housing community. An important fact that is referenced but not emphasized is that there is no indoor plumbing only a communal toilet.
7 0
On Pray Speak What Has Happened • Nov 4, 2025
Through episode 2. Thoroughly enjoyed the first two episodes of this strange show. Another great Masaki Suda performance.
I loved Masaki Suda’s fantastic performance back in the 2022 drama DON’T CALL IT MYSTERY. Tour de force.
I clicked on his name to see if any of his recent work is available and pleasantly surprised to discover Masaki Suda has a currently airing drama AND is available on Netflix US so I had to check it out: PRAY SPEAK WHAT HAS HAPPENED.
Whereas in DCIM MS played a super reserved character (with great hair) in PRAY MS is letting it all hang out and I love it. One episode a week means a slow watch but that is ok.
3 0
Replying to Mic Lo • Nov 3, 2025
Title Dead End
Is this drama similar to The First Shot and Sword Rose?
I watched and enjoyed Youku’s THE FIRST SHOT but I don’t find a resemblance in DEAD END. Another 2025 iQIYI Light On crime drama BENEATH THE UNDERTOW maybe a closer match with senior detective (Chen Jian Bin) being mentor to rookie policeman (Chen Ruo Xuan).
I haven’t watched SWORD ROSE.
2 2
Replying to roddib • Nov 3, 2025
Title Dead End
I'm so angry at iQiyi for not making this available internationally. There's no value in the VIP subsription.…
I get where you are coming from. US viewer here. iQIYI for some reason did not make the recent Light On crime drama THE HUNT available on iQIYI US but THE HUNT was available on a non-iQIYI Youtube channel (which I found strange). I watched about 15 minutes of the first episode and gave up because of poor subtitles.
I was pleasantly surprised to find DEAD END available on iQIYI US.
1 0
On Dead End • Nov 2, 2025
Title Dead End
Through episode 2. Solid performances. iQIYI’s DEAD END looks like it will be a decent Light On crime drama.
In the first paragraph of the synopsis above I have no idea what the ‘committed suicide’ is referring to. I think it is misleading. Suicide was never mentioned in the first homicide.
1 0
On Persona • Oct 28, 2025
Title Persona
PERSONA is a Tencent X Theater drama. Is it possible the X Theater dramas could be tagged in MDL like iQIYI ‘Light On’ dramas?
8 1
Wenxia • Oct 28, 2025
Thank you @Wenxia for this list of Tencent X Theater dramas. I am currently watching and enjoying a recent addition: PERSONA available subbed in english at Tencent Video. I have enjoyed Nos. 1, 3 and 4 from above. The others look very interesting.
1 1
On Fragrance of the Pomegranates • Oct 28, 2025
I really enjoyed Bai Yu Fan earlier this year in iQIYI’s THE LOST NATIONAL TREASURE and just recently heard of this drama so I jumped on board. I enjoyed episode one.
Fwiw I found the english subs at Youku superior to the subs at Tencent Video.
2 0
On My Youth • Oct 23, 2025
Title My Youth
Average rating for this drama: 2.148%. If JTBC and writer Park Shi Hyun are satisfied with that, so be it. I didn’t find MY YOUTH particularly satisfying and I don’t blame the actors. They read the stuff that was written in the script.
6 0
On Mobius • Oct 4, 2025
Title Mobius
Watching iQIYI’s MOBIUS on Viki US. I finished episode 6 tonight snd I am hooked. Bai Jing Ting is superb as is the rest of the cast.
O/T. This is my second Bai Jing Ting drama with the 2024 iQIYI drama ALWAYS ON THE MOVE my first. Unfortunately I put AOTM on hold (or stop if you will) after episode 10. BJT’s performance in MOBIUS is an incentive to go back and finish AOTM.
7 2
Replying to SherisaWeston • Oct 2, 2025
Title No Mercy
I just finished watching that and man Queen Mantis was amazing. I was at the edge of my seat and even tho i predicted…
I am glad you enjoyed QM.
0 0
On No Mercy • Sep 28, 2025
Title No Mercy
I enjoyed the first 2 episodes of Wavve’s NO MERCY. I just read about it today and somehow I was able to watch the episodes on Kocowa. This is my first Gu Jun-hoe drama and I like his portrayal as a righteous detective. Honestly, after the miserable police work shown in QUEEN MANTIS, GJH’s Detective Park Jung-hoon is refreshing.
6 2
On Queen Mantis • Sep 28, 2025
Title Queen Mantis Spoiler
It is a shame that actor Lee Chang-min who gave one of the best performances in QUEEN MANTIS as boyhood friend Park Min-jae doesn’t rate a picture in the QUEEN MANTIS gallery above.
The writer didn’t do him any favors either by killing him off.
2 0
Replying to vickimion1 • Sep 26, 2025
Title Beloved
I’ve heard people talk about Light On but didn’t really know what it was, Thanks for the rec!🎭
You are welcome. I finished BELOVED last night and thoroughly enjoyed it.
I believe iQIYI started its ‘Light On Theater’ series of crime dramas in 2020.
The 2020 dramas were generally excellent.
After 2020 the quality fluctuated but I thought 2025 has been a good year.
Here is a link. If you haven’t watched, definitely watch BAD KIDS (2020).
https://kisskh.at/775587-iqiyi-light-on
2 1
Replying to Sun-han • Sep 21, 2025
Title Queen Mantis
This K-drama went from a 9 to an 8 and then to a 7 for me. I just hope it doesn’t drop any further. The only…
Well said Sun-han. After episode 6 my rating dropped from 10 to 7.
2 0