Quantcast

Details

  • Last Online: 1 day ago
  • Gender: Female
  • Location:
  • Contribution Points: 0 LV0
  • Roles:
  • Join Date: September 20, 2025

Friends

Replying to KSM4 • 3 days ago
Title To My Shore
This is one of my favorite quotes, too! Such a powerful moment. I adore every episode, but E8 and E14 take the…
Yes! I read it so many times, it's amazing. Listening to audio drama now, though it's not really my format.
1 1
Replying to InaBalerina • 4 days ago
Title To My Shore
... finished watching this the 4th time... Aside from that special episode, which is pretty bad, it is pure perfection.…
This is one of my favorite quotes, too! Such a powerful moment. I adore every episode, but E8 and E14 take the cake.

I actually really liked the special episode, it felt so healing to me, I absolutely can't get enough of it. I'm just not sure what went wrong with filming itself (and with kisses). Surely they could afford a beach without ogling tourists and some better shots in general? This is a mystery to me.

The second mini-special is crazy but great, too :D I love unhinged, stubbornly jealous Fan Xiao.
0 3
Replying to Kit • 6 days ago
Title Ash
i dont know if it would be your type of show but i just finished watching The Scarecrow, a crime thriller that…
Thank you very much for the rec, I love good crime shows! I'll go check it now.
1 0
Replying to LordFengCui • 7 days ago
Title Ash
I think I probably can understand why the production team chose to use AI for those two childhood flashbacks scenes…
Please, let's not pretend that using AI has anything to do with the scenes featuring violence against children. Multiple series have been able to show them without traumatizing child actors. Even Ash managed to show a scene of child abuse pretty starkly without AI in the second half. They were just lazy and made a mistake; they deserved criticism for that, but they also deserve appreciation for listening to viewers.
9 0
Replying to Theo Destiny K. Tei • 7 days ago
Am I the only one who thinks little Jane is the most exhausting character in this series. How is such a character…
A lot of people think that.
0 0
Replying to Ahseyi • 7 days ago
Title Ash
this was so good I miss them already 😭… people need to stop acting like AI is the end of the world and it’s…
Bashing AI use is very deserved, and as you can see, it had its impact. They clearly replaced more dumb AI flashbacks with proper scenes in the second half of the series. Making our voices heard is the only way to make a difference.
10 2
Replying to AceAsh_ • 7 days ago
Title Ash
Personally, the acting in the final episode was atrocious. But they did pretty well in every other episode, and…
I found the scene with the 'corpse' very poorly acted :( I didn't mind the acting before that.
0 1
Replying to SakuraBloom • 7 days ago
Title Ash
They have already clearly stated that they will continue working together and, above all, that since they are…
When fan service is at play, rational people will always question the relationship, whether it's gay or straight.
1 0
Replying to supertuna • 7 days ago
Title Ash
The Morse code scene was so beautiful and so sad
I loved this one, too.
2 0
On Ash • 7 days ago
Title Ash
Eh, a weak ending to a weak series, but it's still better than the majority of stuff I've been watching in the past 6 months.
11 4
Replying to VALAK • 8 days ago
If fan xiao has to complete with ji mingxuan for a beautiful resort that is build by third party being liked by…
I think Fan Xiao would win without even trying. I don't think much of Ji Ming Xuan. Imo, he's just an average guy whose biggest 'quirk' is falling in love with a mentally disturbed person with no real personality.
1 1
Replying to swagata • 8 days ago
Agree with u here. But my major issues with this series is storytelling. I mean i watched till ep4 and the problem…
Let me know what you think after E7 because that's when it all began to look like a total nonsensical madhouse to me. I had many issues with this series before that, but things got absolutely wild in E7.
0 1
Replying to Char • 8 days ago
We’re on the same page. I had such high expectations for this but it’s such a mess. Don’t understand the…
The problem lies with Shen Mo's actor. He can pull off being quiet and miserable and confused, but when he tried to act happy for flashbacks, it became quickly obvious that his skills are very lacking.
1 1
Replying to swagata • 8 days ago
Title The Missing Piece Spoiler
Agree with u here. But my major issues with this series is storytelling. I mean i watched till ep4 and the problem…
In the first episodes, I was confused because the plot seemed interesting, the characters seemed interesting, but I couldn't feel anything. It was like watching from underwater.

But then things began to actively not make sense to me. If you haven't seen other episodes, then stop reading here because there will be spoilers.

Shen Mo gets a very convenient amnesia where he confuses his ex and Ming Xuan? Okay, let's say I believe that. But after being told for the 100th time that Ming Xuan is not his ex and he's confusing things, he still doesn't get it? This makes him mentally disabled.

A mentally disabled person needs to be at the hospital, not free to wander around, drop to the ground 10 times per episode, faint, and so on. He most definitely isn't fit to have a relationship: why does Ming Xuan even like him?? Out of his sense of guilt? But he didn't do anything all that wrong, he never ordered the assault and had no idea it could happen. Besides, if he's guilty, then providing good care is what he should do. He definitely shouldn't be falling for a mentally challenged person who's so deep in his fantasy world and trauma that his real personality is long lost. This relationship has zero basis.

E1 started with a disturbing scene of Ming Xuan forcing or pretending to force Shen Mo. Based on everything we've seen later, how does it make any sense? Did they just want to mislead the viewers into thinking we are watching a dark romance, and then offer a senseless, soap-opera-like melodrama instead?

There are so many more problems with this series, I'd get tired if I had to list them all.
0 3
On The Missing Piece • 9 days ago
Apart from the very mediocre acting from one of the leads, which became glaringly obvious in E6 in flashbacks, and underdeveloped characters and relationships, I don't think this series makes sense at all... Maybe they'll somehow explain most of the logic holes later? Doubt it, but who knows.
6 12
Replying to yoniee • 11 days ago
Title Payback
I'm curious how many people have read the novel or the manhwa before the show came out. The actors are so good…
I thought the series sucked after E1, so I decided to read the novel and ended up liking it. The series stayed very bad, though. Shallow, no payback, no romantic development, plus a completely defanged Jay.
1 0
Replying to tantaijin • 11 days ago
Title Payback
The NC scenes were very tasteless in this drama, gave me porn vibe instead of love. idk why these days BL dramas…
Yes, absolutely. They didn't bother to flesh out their romantic connection, and the payback was a joke. Which is especially strange since the book is much better, so all they had to do was follow its key points and maybe flesh them out even more.
6 0
Replying to Its Rare • 12 days ago
Title Knot
oh..I put it on hold while its rating was 8.1 and now.... what happened really?
People watched it :D And realized it's the most talentless version of AI slop.
8 0
Replying to TiberiaPop • 13 days ago
Title Double Helix
I wonder if I and some of the people here leaving reviews watched the same series. I don't understand the low…
It was shallow and illogical, and did the thing at the end that a lot of people hate. Though it seems like a lot of viewers just don't like dark romances in general and didn't read the tags before watching, too.
5 0
Replying to Yellen • 13 days ago
Title To My Shore
I read somewhere that chinese actors appearing in BLs are "quietly banned" from appearing in other dramas…
YunQi used to be a model, this was his first role, and Hao Yiran took part in other dramas before, but he wasn't all that successful. So for YunQi, this was a novel and challenging experience - he refused to participate the first 3 times and even thought he was being scammed before agreeing. He likes challenges, and he wasn't planning on being an actor in the first place. For Hao Yiran, maybe this was the opportunity to finally get noticed.

It's likely that these two won't be able to join the main channels of Chinese entertainment, but that industry is completely overcrowded anyway, it's impossible to stand out there. They are very successful right now, another series is at work, they are getting deals from luxury brands, so that's probably the best outcome for them both. They made enough money to last them a lifetime.

So yes, they lost something, but they gained so much more. The same goes for other actors: BL is their chance to be seen.
13 0