Quantcast

Details

  • Last Online: 1 hour ago
  • Location: ☁︎ 𝘐𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘴`✦ ˑ ִֶ 𓂃⊹
  • Contribution Points: 1 LV1
  • Roles:
  • Join Date: November 18, 2023

Darmi

☁︎ 𝘐𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘴`✦ ˑ ִֶ 𓂃⊹
Replying to Annael • Jul 14, 2026
If you have favs in this cast, then yes, most probably, you will enjoy it, if no, don't waste your time 😂
I was trying to watch it for Tian Jiarui but damnnn the plot was sooo annoying I just couldn't 😭✌🏿 and Yi Tong is one of those actress that I try to avoid watching their dramas...
4 0
Replying to TheNostalgicType • Jul 14, 2026
Out of curiosity, can you list those 10+. Please.
Okay wow. Love the use of logical fallacies. Glad to know the knowledge on how to argue isn't gone.

1st. "Your assumptions and beliefs should be universal."
I never said that. I said that there could have been other, older, actress that could have played this role. That's my opinion, not a demand that China adopt Western values.

2nd. "China's censorship board approved it, so you're saying they're wrong?"
What a way to appeal to authority. Just because a regulator approves something doesn't mean every viewer has to agree with the decision. People can legally and respectfully disagree with casting choices.

3rd. The Beauty and the Beast/Snow White comparison
This is a false analogy. Those stories have nothing to do with your point. I'm talking about the real-life casting of a minor being paired with a 28-year-old actor for a romance show. They're not comparable situations.

4th. "You misunderstood chemistry."
I already acknowledged that I learned what a chemistry read is. My point was never that chemistry reads don't exist. My point is that acting chemistry and whether someone is comfortable with the age gap are two separate issues.

5th. "You know best and won't reconsider."
That's ironic because I did concede a point. I acknowledged Ai Mi is a talented actress and accepted your explanation of chemistry reads. My original concern, however, has never been addressed.

You're free to disagree with that opinion, just as I'm free to hold it. But my point has never been about Ai Mi's acting ability, China's film industry, or the censorship board. It's simply about the casting choice.
0 0
Replying to TheNostalgicType • Jul 13, 2026
Out of curiosity, can you list those 10+. Please.
You're asking me to defend a position I never took. At no point did I say Ai Mi isn't talented, doesn't deserve lead roles, or failed her chemistry read. In fact, I've already said she's a great actress.

My concern has always been the casting decision of pairing a minor in a romantic lead opposite a 28-year-old actor. Listing her achievements, awards, directors she's worked with, or praise from social media doesn't address that concern because my argument was never about her acting ability.

As for chemistry, I understand actors can have excellent on-screen chemistry. That's part of their job. But strong acting chemistry and being comfortable with a real-life age gap between a minor and an adult actor are two different discussions. One doesn't automatically invalidate the other. So I don't disagree with the praise for Ai Mi's talent. I disagree with the industry's decision to cast a minor in this particular romantic pairing. That's been my point from the beginning.
0 2
Replying to Xiang83 • Jul 13, 2026
She scored the highest in the chemistry read test, amongst all the actresses who auditioned after the original…
Well, thank you for the explanation of what a chemistry read is. You always learn something new on MDL, but I am just an average watcher who likes to spend my free time watching dramas. I don't have the time, or energy,keep up with all the behind-the-scenes casting information like you do.

But you are straying from what this conversation was originally about unfortunately. My comment was never about whether Ai Mi is talented or whether she passed a chemistry read. I've watched her in Who Rules the World, The Blood of Youth, Destined, The Double, and several other dramas, so I already know she's a great actress.

My point has always been about the age gap between the actors, not her acting ability. A chemistry read shows that two actors can perform well together on screen, but it doesn't change the fact that she's a minor being paired romantically with a 28-year-old actor. Those are two separate discussions.

So yes, she may have had the best chemistry read and absolutely deserved the role based on her talent. That still doesn't mean people can't feel uncomfortable with the casting choice itself. I'm criticizing the decision to pair a minor with an adult actor, not criticizing Ai Mi.
0 0
Replying to TheNostalgicType • Jul 13, 2026
Out of curiosity, can you list those 10+. Please.
I wouldn't change the script. But I wouldn't cast a minor actress with a man who is almost 30 either. I get Diraba not playing role, even Bai Lu or Song Zu Er. But there are OTHER actress who could have played Jiayu without having to be 16/17. Ren Min was in a recent drama (A Splendid Match) and her character was 15 years old. Ren Min is 26.....😭. If you want a list of actual young actress who can still play this role, I will gladly list them for you.
0 4
Replying to TheNostalgicType • Jul 12, 2026
Out of curiosity, can you list those 10+. Please.
Bai Lu
Dilraba,
Wu Jin Yan,
Li Meng (my underrated queen),
Xie Ning (also underrated like she would have KILLED this role),
Du Ling,
Jing Yi (if they wanted a young face THAT badly...),
Tian Xiwei???!?!?!,
Meng Zi Yi,
Miao Yi (another if they wanted a young/baby face actor),
Zhou Ye,
Ren Min (another young face),
Dai Lu Wa,
even going as far as saying Song Zu Er

And I am not saying these actresses could have done "better" per say. Ai Mi is a great actor. All I am saying is the age...no.
2 6
Replying to Xiang83 • Jul 12, 2026
She scored the highest in the chemistry read test, amongst all the actresses who auditioned after the original…
Maybe chemistry towards the character but to Minghao???? I doubt it. Minghao didn't even know who he was paired up with until AFTER she got casted. And it does bother me bcz Ai Mi has that baby face that easily tell she is young. Like Minghao is 28 years old for god sakes 🥲
0 2
Replying to Masterxys • Jul 12, 2026
i feel the same way,Its okay to say you like the drama but what people should not do is praise it like crazy bcs…
Right! Just saw someone say they love the age gap...???? Not when it is actually the actors wtf? Mind you Rebirth was JUST like this. The FL was literally 16 when it was filmed..
1 1
Replying to Darmi • Jul 9, 2026
Well Rebirth flopped bcz of the underage fml actress AND bcz of the plot. Let's just hope the plot can save/cover…
But her age was also a major topic because she was around 16 when she was filming with Li Yun Rui. Even after it has finished airing it is still a topic...
1 0
Replying to Mjlurks • Jul 8, 2026
Title Knot
how is the rating so high? I feel like by all metrics this is not a quality show. I'm gonsta watch the whole thing…
Well opinions differ....
15 1
Replying to Darmi • Jul 5, 2026
Title Deep In
or was that picture taken years ago...? bcz whatttt 😭😭😭
Oh okay good good I got scared..
4 0
Replying to Darmi • Jul 5, 2026
Title Deep In
HELP THE COMMENT UNDER ME JUST GOT MY WHOLE ATTENTION?? WHO TF IS THE ACTOR OLLIE???? THAT DOES NOT LOOK LIKE…
or was that picture taken years ago...? bcz whatttt 😭😭😭
2 2
On Deep In • Jul 4, 2026
Title Deep In
HELP THE COMMENT UNDER ME JUST GOT MY WHOLE ATTENTION?? WHO TF IS THE ACTOR OLLIE???? THAT DOES NOT LOOK LIKE THE ACTOR IN THE SHOW PLAYING ZHEN XIN AND FANG CHI...???
7 4